Knowledge Base
Community

Rrrrrrr-ghghghghgh! (Wookie for farewell)

Started by: juan_p
On: 23/10/2018 | 15:55
Replies: 51

by: juan_p
former giff-staffer

on: 23/10/2018 | 15:55

Hi all,

Alas, two years is far too short a time to live amongst such excellent and admirable members. I don't know half of you as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Well... that last part isn't really true but I couldn't bring myself to butcher the words of the great Tolkien. It is true that I am leaving and that I wish I had more time to get to know you all better, but I consider myself priviledged to have met all of you and not have a single bad story or memory about any of you, which after 10 years of managing communities is no mean feat!

I leave with nothing but the outmost respect and admiration for both a community that has wowed me day after day with their passion and commitment, and for a company that allows members to have such an impact on their day to day business. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined that the Founders' Club would have actually been able to impact development in such a way, and where other companies would have offered just empty choices to create the illusion of co-creation, at giffgaff the voice of the members actually made us go back to the drawing board several times to rework things from scratch.

But after making the hardest career choice in my life, I will sadly be moving on from giffgaff and returning to Spain (my home country if the name hadn't given it away), mainly to be a bit closer to my parents, which are getting older and might need a helping hand soon. 

My last day will be this Thursday, so I will still be around for a couple of days for any of you who still want to reach out before I go, but all I can say at this stage is:

Thank you.

I will always have a fond memory of giffgaff and most of all its members. This community will always hold a special place in my heart and I wanted to thank you all for making these past two years truly special. I am and always will consider myself a giffgaffer and that is thanks to you all.

Message 1 of 52
by: brulaw
on: 23/10/2018 | 16:27 edited: 23/10/2018 | 16:30

@juan_p

Sorry to hear you're moving on  , but thank you for all your work over the past couple of years  ,

Going back home  ( Spain )  to be there should your parents need a helping hand in the future is a lovely thing to do , 

giffgaffs loss will be your parents gain .... here's to many more years of family life ,

It's good to hear that you'll always think of yourself as a ' giffgaffer '  , so hopefully you'll pop in now and then .....

All the best to you and your Family  thumbup.gif

Message 2 of 52
by: 4128334
on: 23/10/2018 | 16:40
@juan_p
Good Afternoon,
Sorry to see are leaving.
Hope wherever life takes you are happy.
Good Luck with your new career whatever it is.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 52
by: team_leader
on: 23/10/2018 | 16:54

Good afternoon @juan_p 

You are leaving giffgaff to be closer to your parents, who are getting older and may need you, for this reason you will have their blessings with you and i wish you all the best for the future, whatever it may hold.

Goodbye.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 52
by: juan_p
former giff-staffer

on: 23/10/2018 | 18:10
Thank you all for you kind words Smiley Happy They have really touched me and I will miss the forums dearly.
Message 5 of 52
by: bobrobinson
on: 23/10/2018 | 18:18 edited: 23/10/2018 | 18:20

Hiya @juan_p

Im so sorry to hear your leaving giffgaff.

But i admiere you going back home to be closer to your patents

You surly will be missed by us gaffers and your workmates at giffgaff. 

Im glad you have enjoyed your time at giffgaff and you have made many friends on the community and it will be hard to relpace you.

I wish you all the very best in what ever you do back home.

So Good luck

6a8896ae.gif

All the best and take care

Bob.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 52
by: davidevans0000
on: 23/10/2018 | 18:23
@juan_p sorry to read this good luck for the future in whatever you decide to do.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 52
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 23/10/2018 | 18:26

@juan_p always sad when someone leaves

Family is important especially your parents

You will be missed

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 52
by: digit2
on: 23/10/2018 | 18:45
Good luck for the future @juan_p.
Message 9 of 52
by: alanjury
on: 23/10/2018 | 18:48 edited: 23/10/2018 | 20:29

@juan_p

I met you earlier in the year when I came to HQ to help with testing an app, and was struck by your genuine concern for giffgaff members.

You will be missed, but you can go back to Spain and your parents knowing that you have made a positive difference to Giffgaff and its members.

Take care and good luck.

Alan

Message 10 of 52