Started by: christian_b
On: 16/05/2014 | 10:05
Replies: 43

Highlighted
by: christian_b
former giff-staffer

on: 16/05/2014 | 10:05 edited: 30/05/2014 | 10:21

Hi all,

Voting is now closed as of 18:00 May 29th. The two winning charities, which will now be the official Payback charities for this period, will be announced soon.

Thanks,

Christian

Hello giffgaffers,

As we approach June we’re getting closer and closer to that time where you get to decide what to do with the payback you have accrued over the last 6 months. 

There have been loads of different charities nominated and as usual we have short listed your top 5 below, which will go through to the official voting stage. You can find out more on each charity by clicking on the names:

As we did last time, we will be splitting the amount between the top two charities voted for by. Don’t forget that giffgaff will match pound-for-pound the amount donated through Payback. We’ll also open JustGiving pages for the winning charities, so if you'd prefer to donate a portion of your payback, rather than the whole amount, you’ll be able to do so (please note that JustGiving donations will not be matched).

The vote is open until 18:00 (6pm) on May 29th 2014, so you have two weeks to vote and we'll update you regularly on how the vote is going.

How to Vote

In order to vote you need to click the link from the email that we will send to you. The link is specific to you as it includes a code that tells us that you have an active SIM and that you haven't already voted.

The codes for voting are being emailed to all members with an active SIM who have opted in to receive marketing emails. If you have opted out of these but would still like to vote then please check your newsfeed, which appears on your 'My giffgaff' page under 'Messages', if you cannot find it here please contact an educator via PM and we will get an email with your code sent out to you. Please remember that the emails and newsfeed will take a little while to arrive, so give it a day or two.

Happy voting,

Christian

Read my Obsessions blog and Guilty Pleasures blog

kbbanner.png     Community Guidelines     
Message 1 of 44
by: ma2013
on: 16/05/2014 | 11:33
Some great charities here, good work giffgaff. Look forward to voting once I get the email. :-)
If I've been helpful, feel free to award Kudos / Mark As Accepted Solution to posts. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 44
by: zoeawesome
on: 16/05/2014 | 12:17

I am *over the moon* to see that there is a charity for M.E on here!!!!

espeically as someone who has lived for the condition for many years now, even as a very fortune one who is not bedbound. This condition takes years to disgnoses and has oh so little research so unsurprisely no cure and little treatment. fingers crossed for it! 

Have you seen my latest vlog? Is all about Lingua.ly, an immersive language learning app, click here to have a look!
Message 3 of 44
by: kbadlan
on: 16/05/2014 | 12:23

Hah, I've just PM'd an educator...then read the last bit about waiting a day or two for things to appear....Ooops! Excellent top five, I think it is difficult to choose just one charity from them *gets thinking cap on*

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 44
by: alicepowell
on: 16/05/2014 | 13:00
My nomination got through Smiley Happy that's awesome!

But all are deserving charities, so it's going to be a tough choice!

So long and thanks for all the fish payback! 

Message 5 of 44
by: 1hale
on: 16/05/2014 | 13:11
Lol lol hehe haha
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com! Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Message 6 of 44
by: radable
on: 16/05/2014 | 14:27

I got here through the link in the "Voting for your charity - because you're the boss." pm...

Now am I the only one who's a little confused as for what it is I am encouraged to do?
To wait for an email?

Please someone enligten me... Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 44
by: mattsmith100
on: 16/05/2014 | 15:00

@radable wrote:

I got here through the link in the "Voting for your charity - because you're the boss." pm...

Now am I the only one who's a little confused as for what it is I am encouraged to do?
To wait for an email?

@radable yeah, you've just got to wait for the email titled "Choose your charity for Payback", and there's a personal link for you to use to select your charity Smiley Happy

Don't forget to set this as "best answer" if this has helped! Get a free sim with £5 free credit by clicking below (no free credit if you order a sim direct from giffgaff!)
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 44
by: christian_b
former giff-staffer

on: 16/05/2014 | 15:03

@radable wrote:

To wait for an email?

Hi,

Yes, this thread is to inform you all of the top 5 charities that will be included in the official voting and give you a chance to read up about each one before making your decision, as well as some information on how to vote.

If you are opted into marketing emails you should get an email, it may take a couple of days.

Read my Obsessions blog and Guilty Pleasures blog

kbbanner.png     Community Guidelines     
Message 9 of 44
by: radable
on: 16/05/2014 | 15:12 edited: 16/05/2014 | 15:17

Thanks  mattsmith100 & christian_b!

Ah, just got the email. Now it all starts making sense.

It was just a bit odd to read through two posts & lot of sentences only to find out.... that I should wait Smiley Happy

(Ok, i was skim-reading...  just making the point, maybe the message was spread a bit thin Smiley Wink )

cast your vote.gif

Message 10 of 44