Knowledge Base
Community

Want to turn you balance notifications off? (part two)

Started by: vincent
On: 23/08/2010 | 16:26
Replies: 58

Highlighted
by: vincent
former giff-staffer

on: 23/08/2010 | 16:26

Hi all,

We are aware that a lot of you want to turn their balance notifications off, so while we are working on a solution that allows you to switch them off and on at will, we want to help you now with a quick and dirty solution.

The way it will work is like this: Simply give kudos to this post and I will add your name to a file Tuesday morning the 31st of August 9am.

So you have until Tuesday morning to kudos this post (click the star on the left here) and after that we will manually turn off the balance notifications for your number.

I know it's a bit of a dirty workaround, but at least it's a start and we will have the functionality for you to do it yourself up and running soon.

We've done this once before, and that worked well. Hence the 'part two' Smiley Happy

Unfortunately our development for the feature has hit a few snags, so the wait for everyone to be able to do it on the My giffgaff page will be a bit longer. Sorry about that Smiley Sad

Cheers,

Vincent

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VincentBoon
Message 1 of 59
by: syorksdeano
on: 23/08/2010 | 23:11

What a good idea

`Please give me kudos if my reply was helpful.'

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 59
by: mhoobag1
on: 23/08/2010 | 23:15

@syorksdeano Did you miss the first load that got switched off??

My phone has been so peaceful and its a pleasure being able to make a call straight after the other without having to wait for the notification to come up. 

---Click the KUDOS if i helped---
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 59
by: syorksdeano
on: 23/08/2010 | 23:17

I did miss the first load....going to make sure I don't miss this one

`Please give me kudos if my reply was helpful.'

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 59
by: mr_mitch
on: 23/08/2010 | 23:20

I have kudosed this because althought I did the same on the original thread..... the notifications seem to have re-appeared again. (I think this was due to me porting my number over)

So they may neeed switching back off again!

Thanks!

Message 5 of 59
by: vincent
former giff-staffer

on: 24/08/2010 | 09:53

No worries mr_mitch, I'll add you again and lets see what they come back with.

Cheers,

Vincent

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VincentBoon
Message 6 of 59
by: nutellajunkie
on: 25/08/2010 | 19:42 edited: 25/08/2010 | 19:43

Looking forward to being able to turn this on and off at will. Either via panel or shortcode command.

Also hope this will turn off the free calls n texts "wohoo" notification.

Thank you.

You cannot help anybody who is unwilling to, or incapable of, helping themselves. This applies equally to drug addicts, alcoholics and Giffgaff'ers! - Please use the search option before asking for help. No doubt you will find what you are looking for! You will learn so much whilst doing that also. -- You are entitled to judge me in any manner, if you feel you must. You do this with no understanding of me as an individual and therefore your assessment is naturally flawed.

Message 7 of 59
by: neoconair
on: 27/08/2010 | 08:55

I've just tagged the first post but have I missed the second deadline? 

Whoever dreamt up these balance notifications needs to spend some time claiming Jobseeker's Allowance.

Message 8 of 59
by: mr_mitch
on: 27/08/2010 | 16:16

@neoconair wrote:

I've just tagged the first post but have I missed the second deadline? 

Whoever dreamt up these balance notifications needs to spend some time claiming Jobseeker's Allowance.

dont tag it! kudos it! you havent missed the deadline its 31st of august!

Message 9 of 59
by: zx65
on: 28/08/2010 | 09:55

Yes please, but is there progress towards making this optional for everyone, rather than just those who notice this thread?

Message 10 of 59