Knowledge Base
Community

Want to turn you balance notifications off?

Started by: vincent
On: 19/07/2010 | 18:33
Replies: 46

by: vincent
former giff-staffer

on: 19/07/2010 | 18:33 edited: 26/07/2010 | 09:38

*Collection of names has now stopped*

Hi all,

We are aware that a lot of you want to turn their balance notifications off, so while we are working on a solution that allows you to switch them off and on at will, we want to help you now with a quick and dirty solution.

The way it will work is like this: Simply give kudos to this post and I will add your name to a file this Monday morning the 26th 9am.

So you have until Monday morning to kudos this post (click the star on the left here) and after that we will manually turn off the balance notifications for your number.

I know it's a bit of a dirty workaround, but at least it's a start and we will have the functionality for you to do it yourself up and running soon.

Cheers,

Vincent

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VincentBoon
Message 1 of 47
by: tobyriding
on: 19/07/2010 | 18:39

You are, as ever, the man!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to know the latest news about the giffgaff iPhone official carrier file......Clicky

29/09/10 - The news isn't good I'm afraid - There will be NO official giffgaff iPhone carrier file, check the above link for the news.

If you have an iPhone and need the giffgaff internet settings click here - Clicky Link
Message 2 of 47
by: xmob
on: 19/07/2010 | 18:41 edited: 19/07/2010 | 18:42

I'm glad it was you who posted that, Vincent!  Anybody else would've been accused of kudos whoring.  Smiley Happy

I think we might just get the highest kudos scoring post ever here.

Message 4 of 47
by: jamie
on: 19/07/2010 | 19:24

thank you ,
I have my new palm pre and i text a good 3 pages on average , The alerts are very annoying on it always making it flash and pops up Smiley Tongue

Thanks,
Jamie

Twitter - @JamieEarlTEK
Message 5 of 47
by: ivinsp
on: 19/07/2010 | 19:46

w00t! Smiley Happy

If I've been of help please click the STAR Smiley Happy
if your query is resolved please click "Set as best answer"

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 47
by: mr_mitch
on: 20/07/2010 | 13:22

awesome news.

I have Kudosed this thread so hopefully will get notifications turned off for my number..... but one question.... if I was to PAC my number across (as I am planning to do sometime next month) will it reset this setting?

Thanks.

Mitch.

Message 7 of 47
by: jack17938
on: 20/07/2010 | 13:45

Fantastic! Brilliant! Superb!

Message 8 of 47
by: klgreen
on: 20/07/2010 | 14:14

WOOHOO FINALLY!!!! thats been anoying me for ages Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 47
by: vincent
former giff-staffer

on: 20/07/2010 | 14:18

@mr_mitch wrote:

awesome news.

I have Kudosed this thread so hopefully will get notifications turned off for my number..... but one question.... if I was to PAC my number across (as I am planning to do sometime next month) will it reset this setting?

Thanks.

Mitch.

It shouldn't do no. As the setting is on your account, not your number.

Let me know if this isn't the case though Smiley Happy

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VincentBoon
Message 10 of 47