Started by: steviesg
On: 07/04/2014 | 17:31
Replies: 138

Highlighted
by: steviesg
former giff-staffer

on: 07/04/2014 | 17:31 edited: 22/04/2014 | 08:04

giffgaff_Blog_MiniBanner_201301_giffgaffnews_645px.png

Hi folks it's your friendly neighbourhood StevieSG...

We like to do things differently at giffgaff and our marketing campaigns are no exception. From Zombies(Don't be Scared) to The Chaos, our Brand team never fail to come up with awesome ways to help spread the giffgaff word. Inspired by many of your ideas, our campaigns are always something to talk about.

So this year is no exception. We've got an incredible campaign lined up and something we want you all to be able to be a part of.

Today we are launching 'We're all the boss' a brand spanking new campaign to continue to spread the word about giffgaff. We're all the boss changes the meaning of the word ‘boss’. It no longer applies to one person, because at giffgaff ‘We’re all the boss’.You can read all about it in our blog by Brand Manager charliejsmith.

theboss2 copy.jpg

The campaign shows real people, in their worlds, being the boss. Filmed in loads of different communities all over the UK, We’re all the boss, focuses on people who are making things happen, bringing their ideas to life and being their own boss. This is anyone from Marcus who set up his own clothing label, to John a member of a group of Coaststeers. A couple of weeks ago we asked you to submit your photos. I'm delighted to announce that the above members will feature in posters around the UK starting Monday.

The TV ad goes live tonight at 6:45pm on Channel 4, but don’t worry you don’t have to wait until then to watch it. 

Drum roll please maestro, here it is.

So what do you think? Feel free to chat about the new campaign here. If you want to support this campaign on the community this month, there are lots of ways for you to get involved. You can Boss your avatar and signature by making some changes or you could submit an innovative idea over on the Ideas board. We'd also love to hear your boss stories and put your decision making skills to the test in our Innovation April daily polls.

Original Post

Click to reveal

brand.png

When it comes to us, it's all about you...

We like to do things differently at giffgaff and our marketing campaigns are no exception. From Zombies(Don't be Scared) to The Chaos, our Brand team never fail to come up with awesome ways to help spread the giffgaff word. Inspired by many of your ideas, our campaigns are always something to talk about.

So this year is no exception. We've got an incredible campaign lined up and something we want you all to be able to be a part of.

News just in:

Stay tuned to this thread and the giffgaff blog tommorow morning for the first look at the new campaign.

Interested in knowing more?

While I can't tell you everything we have planned, you have probably seen this little clue to a part of the campaign.

The coolest part is where the campaign is going to be seen. Some of you may remember last year, we sponsored The Big Bang Theory and ran our Don't be Scared campaign. Well they worked really well for us and we got some great feedback, so we're headed back into the crazy and awesome world of television. This is a really important way of getting the giffgaff message out there and we choose key moments in time to do this. 

Keep your eyes peeled, and tune into Channel 4 on Thursday around 6:45 PM.

But Stevie, you asked for our photos... Does that mean?

That some of you may be in parts of the advertising? Yes. 

That's awesome!

I know.

Can you tell us anything else Stevie?

Well, I did manage to sneak into our Brand managers briefcase and found these....

theboss.jpg

Pretty nifty don't you think?

Keep your eyes peeled over the next few days for more sneak peaks and clues into our latest shenanigans. This weeks poll is going to be themed around the new campaign, and we welcome any ideas you guys have for fun things we can all do to get onboard with this awesome new chapter of giffgaff’s history.

Are you going to be tuning in tonight boss? 

StevieSG

Message 1 of 139
by: ma2013
on: 07/04/2014 | 17:35
Wow, really looking forward to seeing this on Thursday. Love giffgaff's advertising campaigns. :-)
If I've been helpful, feel free to award Kudos / Mark As Accepted Solution to posts. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 139
by: rixopod
on: 07/04/2014 | 17:37
Sounds awesome!
I hope the picture I put in gets used Smiley Very Happy (Not a chance!)
Message 3 of 139
by: j_s
on: 07/04/2014 | 17:46
oh no that's Hollyoaks

sorry i won't be watching Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 139
by: qasimmx
on: 07/04/2014 | 18:02
Sounds awesome!
Message 5 of 139
by: rugbyball
on: 07/04/2014 | 18:49
Have set sky box to record.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 139
by: pcantellow
on: 07/04/2014 | 19:38 edited: 07/04/2014 | 19:47

Oh it better be good I love the giffgaff ad campaigns!!!!!! I suppose it's too late to upload a photo because I was planning on doing it last week! (makes sound homer makes douggghh!)

Also when it has aired I don't suppose you could have a chat with me about why you did it, did it get the response you needed, how it was made etc? Because I am studying Media BETEC and it will really help me understand how it all works. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 139
by: zoeawesome
on: 07/04/2014 | 19:55

Exciting stuff! I really like giffgaff's marketing campaigns, will definitely be tuning in Smiley Happy

Have you seen my latest vlog? Is all about Lingua.ly, an immersive language learning app, click here to have a look!
Message 8 of 139
by: mark1101b
on: 07/04/2014 | 20:38 edited: 08/04/2014 | 11:19

Hiya Steviesg....

Looking forward to it.... Have you seen the finished add yet ?

Message 9 of 139
by: aymen123
on: 07/04/2014 | 20:59
Looking forward to it
Message 10 of 139