by: mrswalcott
handy giff-staffer

on: 08/02/2019 | 09:53
Name: Mrswalcott

Title: Member Insight Lead

Tea Making Ability: 5/5

What Mobile Phone do you own? iphone 7

Glass half empty or full? full

Fun fact about yourself? I lived in Barbados for 6 months, I used to be a swimming teacher and lifeguard.

Hobbies/Interests? gym classes (spinning, pump etc), riding horses, seeking the truth about life.

If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why? A horse as I love horses.

Previous experience/background? I previously worked in the Service Ops team striving to ensure service availability for our members. In January this year I joined the insight team. I'm enjoying bringing the members closer to our product teams.

Why did you join giffgaff? From first contact with the recruitment company I had a good feeling about the job and company. I'd heard about giffgaff so I did some research and found out more about them I loved the story of Gav and his notebook how he came up with the idea and the whole ethos of mutuality.  On meeting my 3 prospective managers at interview I was really keen to work for them and make a positive impact on the business.

Where do you see yourself in two years from now? I will still be at giffgaff (unless devine inspiration has a different plan for me.) Labs will have a much better search function and will have undergone some serious upgrade and improvements. Insights will be embedded as a key part of giffgaff product design and will be delivered in a concise and timely manor. Members will have more opportunity to get involved in the product design process and feel closer to giffgaff.

Anything else you would like to share? Just to say it's nice to meet you all and hopefully you will have already or will interact with Labs and I'm looking forward to reading some great ideas and helpful comments!

Message 1 of 63
by: mw854
on: 08/02/2019 | 10:03
Hello @mrswalcott nice to meet you. Hope you enjoy your new job 👍
Message 2 of 63
by: jokeyboi77
on: 08/02/2019 | 10:09

Welcome to giffgaff, even if you have been here a while @mrswalcott, and the community. 🙂

giphy-4.gif

And the truth of life is easy, we're born we die and we do some stuff inbetween lol. 🤪

Message 3 of 63
by: shabbas
on: 08/02/2019 | 10:14

Hey @mrswalcott 🙋

Congrats on your job post and i hope you have a great time working with giffgaff. 

Good luck👍 and hopefully see you around😉

Message 4 of 63
by: davidevans0000
on: 08/02/2019 | 10:16
Hello @mrswalcott welcome to the wonderful giffgaff forum.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 63
by: pault1974
on: 08/02/2019 | 10:17

Welcome to giffgaff and the community @mrswalcott

Message 6 of 63
by: jamaica1962
handy giff-staffer

on: 08/02/2019 | 10:20

Being a horse sounds like a great feeling...wind in your hair, earth just disappearing beneath your feet.

Glad to have you on board @mrswalcott

---Sane Scientist---
Message 7 of 63
by: bigjohnhall
on: 08/02/2019 | 11:39
Welcome to the community @mrswalcott sounds like your a dedicated staffer
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 63
by: endorphin
on: 08/02/2019 | 11:48

Hello @mrswalcott - so what's the secret behind your 5/5 tea making ability? I brew mine for 4 minutes and then add the milk.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 9 of 63
by: giffgaff20147
on: 08/02/2019 | 11:58

@mrswalcott

Hello and welcome to the forum 

Message 10 of 63