goodybag Member Survey: what we found out

Started by: mark_a_e
On: 18/06/2015 | 13:53
Replies: 179

by: mark_a_e
former giff-staffer

on: 18/06/2015 | 13:53

Hi,

Following the pricing survey we ran during w/c 1st June we wanted to share with you what we’ve discovered. Firstly a huge thank you to the 4633 members who took the time (6mins to be exact) to complete the survey.  Before looking to make any changes we always value your feedback and opinions.

There were 4 main topics in the survey which explored your thoughts on speeds, 4G, unlimited data and minutes.  Here’s a summary of what you said:

4G at no extra cost has emerged as something with strong appeal with 57% agreeing which rises to 62% amongst members who already have a 4G phone.  Interestingly 62% of members who completed the survey have a 4G device or plan to get one soon so it’s becoming increasingly more important.

Not unsurprisingly there is a general consensus that speeds matter with 65% saying fast speeds are really important. 

The concept of unlimited data remains very attractive with 72% of members saying they would like it but only if the price was right. At the same time 62% of members say they worry about running out of data.  This supports what we know about member usage which tells us that the vast majority don’t need unlimited data but members like the comfort factor it gives them.

Minutes are becoming less important to you in general with 75% saying they have enough.  The appeal of unlimited minutes is also low at 28% but this increases to 43% for people who think the higher price points are a fair price to pay.

Thank you again for your feedback.  Our aim is to create a range of goodybags that offer great value in the areas that are most important to you.  We’ve heard what you have to say and see there is a need to review our goodybags to meet members’  ever changing needs.  We will update soon.

In addition, we have also picked at random the 5 lucky winners of £50 Amazon vouchers.  We’ll be contacting you directly if it’s you.

Mark.

Message 1 of 180
by: gordie10
on: 18/06/2015 | 13:58

Well these results certainly won't please those who want rid of unlimited data. Can't see it going anywhere any time soon.

Message 2 of 180
by: rebelyell
on: 18/06/2015 | 14:11
Is 4G at no extra cost and increased data also at no extra cost a realistic option? We've seen costs increase dramatically, especially for the unlimited data plan.
Message 3 of 180
by: bill48er
on: 18/06/2015 | 14:24

As is @mark_a_e said a large portion use "unlimited data" for the comfort that it provides.

It would be interesting to know what portion of these use more than a few GB a month and would be comfortably with a higher but still affordable fixed amount.

There are still those that try and use "unlimited" and understandably get mighty upset when they find that they've used too much.

It's very high users that are the root cause this problem "Not unsurprisingly there is a general consensus that speeds matter with 65% saying fast speeds are really important"

It would be interesting to have an update on the current plans on how giffgaff propose to achieve and maintain fast speeds.

What is not covered in the reply is how members who use little/no data responded.

Will we be offered a consultation on new goodybag options as in past?

Also, don't forget that the gigabags also need a review as they become more important to customers, especially those that can't tether on "unlimited".

Forum Etiquette: If a post answers your question please accept it as "Best Answer" so that others may find it.
Give KUDOS if you like what you read!
Click this link to request a free giffgaff SIM card with £5 free credit on activation.
Message 4 of 180
by: mark1101b
on: 18/06/2015 | 14:38
Thanks for the interesting feed back Mark

Message 5 of 180
by: mark_a_e
former giff-staffer

on: 18/06/2015 | 14:44

Hi,

To clarify, the survey has been really useful in confirming where members’ priorities are.  We will need to balance these within what’s possible from a commercial and capacity perspective. 

Mark.

Message 6 of 180
by: pinkcalculator
on: 18/06/2015 | 15:40
What I really want is at least a 3G signal I have two phones with 4G capabilities and my gg sim in my iPhone 6 swings from one little bar to no service most of the time 😢
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 180
by: cps15966
on: 18/06/2015 | 16:08

That's a great turn out for people completing the survey. I love facts and figures and it makes great reading.

I don't know if it is possible or even worthwhile (or makes any difference to what your next steps will be with the information you now have) but of the members who completed the survey, would it be easy to see whether there is any cross over?

For example people who wanted 4G at no extra cost were the ones worried about data running out?

I'm just thinking there may be links if you see what I mean...

Also, what will happen with the information now, what are giffgaff's plans, or is that something that is yet to be decided and announced (or consulted)?

Thanks for the info though Smiley Happy Keep the surveys and consultations coming 

cps15966 - The creator of the idea for @ mentions you have all come to use and love Smiley Tongue
Message 8 of 180
by: kbates
on: 18/06/2015 | 16:32
Thanks for the post Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 180
by: blubber
on: 18/06/2015 | 16:37

As I said before...

You won't get realistic results in those surveys unless you design them as conjoint analysis based choice models...

Otherwise everybody will always click as if everything would be important...

At least you included ranking questions Smiley Wink

4G at no extra costs for the win! the goodybag structure is already difficult enough without it (e.g. with or without tethering etc) Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 180