Get Help
Community

goodybags, Mobile Internet pricing and our new website announced!

Started by: vincent
On: 13/04/2010 | 16:56
Replies: 324

by: zuberb
on: 14/04/2010 | 18:31 edited: 14/04/2010 | 18:43

giffgaff_cfo wrote:

Hi Simon,

To start with you can "queue up" your goodybag - simply you will need to buy your next one in advance so it will seamlessly add your next goodybag when your month is up (payment will be taken at the time you order it).

Pretty soon we will have the capability to recur goodybags (just like auto top-ups) so you can just set it up and then not worry about not having an active goodybag - it is hoped that this should be available in the next month or so. We will of course let you know this here as soon as we have a date to introduce this.

This will be covered in the FAQ's that will be available when the website is updated.

Cheers,

Anthony

Might be a bit tricky to do, but if possible I suggest you offer 2 settings for the fixed minute bundles.

Either auto selected depending on your account settings or chosen at the time of purchase.

1. Queue to start at end of currently purchased bundle expiry.

2. Queue to start as soon as currently queued bundled minutes run out.

i.e.

If I am running out of minutes before my month is up, I can carry on using my free internet/texts till month end and pay 8ppm for calls. Then start my new bundle.

OR

As soon as my minutes run out, I start using my new bundle (losing out on some of my free internet/text days).

OR (doing away with options perhaps)

Even better, you combine them. So you add the total number of minutes together and you have till the 30 days + whatever is left number of days to use the minutes and all that time for text/internet.

Zuber

Zuber

Order your new giffgaff sim from www.sim-shop.co.uk and get an extra £5 credit and cashback !
Message 41 of 325
Highlighted
by: englishbeer
on: 14/04/2010 | 18:42

Hi vincent

Can I suggest somthing along the following.

£5 GiffGaff goodybag Texts - Unlimited UK texts for a month (fair use 3000)

£5 GiffGaff goodybag Data - Unlimited browsing for a month (fair use 1.5GB)

£10 GiffGaff  goodybag - 100 minutes, unlimited browsing and texts in the UK for a month (fair use 3000 texts, 1.5GB browsing) 

£15 GiffGaff goodybag - 300 minutes, unlimited browsing and texts in the UK for a month (fair use 3000 texts, 2 GB browsing) 

£20 GiffGaff goodybag - 600 minutes, unlimited browsing and texts in the UK for a month (fair use 3000 texts, 2 GB browsing)

£25 GiffGaff goodybag - 900 minutes, unlimited browsing and texts in the UK for a month (fair use 3000 texts, 2 GB browsing)

£35 GiffGaff goodybag -  Unlimited voice, text and browsing in the UK for a month (fair use 5GB browsing) 

Please find below the standard giffgaff rates:

64iB18F9E1575B6772D   8p for off net calls to any UK number

65i16D7D11109044FAA   4p off net texts to any UK number

66iCFCEEB8C1BD7D5F5   Free giffgaff to giffgaff calls

67i60A53BE0B3BCC41F   Free data usage until May the 25

After May the 25th, if you’re not using a goodybag, you should get either the first few mb per day free or 150mb after topup to last three months. After you have used up your free or included data the data should be capped at 50p a day with a limit of 100mb a day.

Thanks

John

Message 42 of 325
on: 14/04/2010 | 18:45

That is exactly what I was expecting to be announced Smiley Happy

Is there still hope ?

Zuber

Zuber

Order your new giffgaff sim from www.sim-shop.co.uk and get an extra £5 credit and cashback !
Message 43 of 325
by: trick202
on: 14/04/2010 | 18:48

A line has to be drawn somewhere.

What if they implemented all that, and then someone came along and said it was not good for his sister's room mate's brother's hamster?

Would we change it all again?

There's compromise in everything.

------------------------------------------------------
Rich
@trick202
http://gplus.to/trick202
Message 44 of 325
on: 14/04/2010 | 18:56 edited: 14/04/2010 | 18:58

trick202 wrote:

What if they implemented all that, and then someone came along and said it was not good for his sister's room mate's brother's hamster?

True,

But now that you have actually published something, you are getting some real "quality" feedback rather than speculation...

If you offered the proposal from englishbeer, which is more or less what we are all requesting in one form or another. Then I can assure you the number of takers would go through the roof.

Still, it's for you guys to decide what is viable. We can only make suggestions...

Zuber

Zuber

Message 45 of 325
by: vincent
former giff-staffer

on: 14/04/2010 | 18:58

geekonthepc wrote:

Ooh small thing - does the calls include minutes to voicemail?

Thanks

Yes it does Smiley Happy

shaunl wrote:

Is there any news on data prices whilst abroad yet?

When will roaming be enabled?

These are not decided yet and will be implemented after the 25th of May.

simon69c wrote:

would be interesting to know if there are still limitations on tethering and "prolonged" audio/video streaming.

There are still limitations on tethering. In other words, we still don't allow it. giffgaff does not do mobile broadband.

However on your bundles we don't have any restrictions on prolonged audio and video streaming any more.

englishbeer wrote:

Hi vincent

If you buy a £10 goodybag I presume any calls you make to other GiffGaff users don't come out of your 100 minutes?

John

That is correct. giffgaff to giffgaff calls are still free. The minutes in your bundle stand for 'off net' minutes if you like.

glw wrote:

I hope that the communicating with the customers continues and that they are open to future tweaking and improvements.

Of course, giffgaff will continue to take on all feedback and I am continuously reenforcing that on the forums boards here.

zuberb wrote:

Might be a bit tricky to do, but if possible I suggest you offer 2 settings for the fixed minute bundles.

Either auto selected depending on your account settings or chosen at the time of purchase.

i.e.

If I am running out of minutes before my month is up, I can carry on using my free internet/texts till month end and pay 8ppm for call. Then start my new bundle.

OR

As soon as my minutes run out, I start using my new bundle (losing out on some of my free internet/text days).

Zuber

We have chosen for option 1:

Queue to start at end of currently purchased bundle expiry.

i.e. If I am running out of minutes before my month is up, I can carry on using my free internet/texts till month end and pay 8ppm for call. Then start my new bundle.

We felt that our base tarrifs are low enough for that not to sting you and that going with option two stings you more as you actually loose out on value you've paid for.

I hope these answers help!

Cheers,

Vincent

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VincentBoon
Message 46 of 325
by: englishbeer
on: 14/04/2010 | 18:59

trick202 wrote:

Hi trick202

I agree, however I beleive with their announced tariff they are affecting a large number of users that want:

A small amount of data (between 0 and 10mb) per day, but don't want either a data bundle or to pay a £10 goodybad including data, texts and minutes.

A large amount of data (up to 1.5gb) per month,  but don't want to buy £10 goodybad including texts and minutes,

Someone who talks alot and needs more then 300 minues but won't pay £35 per month.

John

Message 47 of 325
on: 14/04/2010 | 19:08 edited: 14/04/2010 | 19:09

Just 4 Goody BagsSmiley Sad

Isn't 4 supposed to be unlucky or something.

Now englishbeer is proposing 7 Goody Bags Smiley Happy

Lucky 7

I like the sound of that. It's the way to go Smiley Wink

Zuber

Zuber

Message 48 of 325
by: geekonthepc
on: 14/04/2010 | 19:09

vincent wrote:

geekonthepc wrote:

Ooh small thing - does the calls include minutes to voicemail?

Thanks

Yes it does Smiley Happy

shaunl wrote:

Is there any news on data prices whilst abroad yet?

When will roaming be enabled?

These are not decided yet and will be implemented after the 25th of May.

simon69c wrote:

would be interesting to know if there are still limitations on tethering and "prolonged" audio/video streaming.

There are still limitations on tethering. In other words, we still don't allow it. giffgaff does not do mobile broadband.

However on your bundles we don't have any restrictions on prolonged audio and video streaming any more.

englishbeer wrote:

Hi vincent

If you buy a £10 goodybag I presume any calls you make to other GiffGaff users don't come out of your 100 minutes?

John

That is correct. giffgaff to giffgaff calls are still free. The minutes in your bundle stand for 'off net' minutes if you like.

glw wrote:

I hope that the communicating with the customers continues and that they are open to future tweaking and improvements.

Of course, giffgaff will continue to take on all feedback and I am continuously reenforcing that on the forums boards here.

zuberb wrote:

i.e.

If I am running out of minutes before my month is up, I can carry on using my free internet/texts till month end and pay 8ppm for call. Then start my new bundle.

OR

Zuber

We have chosen for option 1:

Queue to start at end of currently purchased bundle expiry.

i.e. If I am running out of minutes before my month is up, I can carry on using my free internet/texts till month end and pay 8ppm for call. Then start my new bundle.

We felt that our base tarrifs are low enough for that not to sting you and that going with option two stings you more as you actually loose out on value you've paid for.

I hope these answers help!

Cheers,

Vincent

Fantastic - this is for me with voicemail included!! Smiley Happy 

Sorry I just had to make a nice long post! Smiley Happy

A little bit lost with your new network? Have a look at my handcrafted online manual - head over to the giffgaff bible. It explains everything you need to know. Smiley Happy

That little star on the left can make my day Smiley Happy. If I've said something that's useful, feel free to press it. Thank you. Smiley Happy
Message 49 of 325
by: ragnorak
on: 14/04/2010 | 19:09

I'm amazed that people are actually asking for fair usage limits to be put in place. Smiley Happy I think it's better to keep the bundles simple as they are, too much choice can be a headache. I can see why some might want alternative £5 goodybags but I think it's fair enough that giffgaff want to reserve the fullest possible appeal for the £10 goodybag. I think that's a good thing as people who buy the £10 goodybag for unlimited data and texts may actually be tempted to do some talking as they're getting 100 minutes free as well. Robot wink

Everyone should have at least one phone on giffgaff Robot wink
Get a friend-pack SIM with £5 free on first top-up here
Please order a SIM if you don't yet have one, thanks.
Top 3 things that are free (or cheapest) on giffgaff
Message 50 of 325