Knowledge Base
Community

my long-awaited intro...

Started by: waterbaby
On: 14/10/2015 | 12:57
Replies: 30

by: i_am_sy
on: 14/10/2015 | 17:13
Hey. And welcome to the community, even though you have been about awhile Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 31
by: waterbaby
former giff-staffer

on: 14/10/2015 | 18:04

Thanks for all your kind messages. To answer the boat questions: yep, totally my home; and yes its like a narrowboat but its a bit bigger ... we didnt want to live sideways ;-) Sadly, I'm not as cool as a pirate radio ship, but I'm working on it.

Message 12 of 31
Highlighted
by: rayhoo
on: 14/10/2015 | 18:08

waterbaby wrote:

Thanks for all your kind messages. To answer the boat questions: yep, totally my home; and yes its like a narrowboat but its a bit bigger ... we didnt want to live sideways ;-) Sadly, I'm not as cool as a pirate radio ship, but I'm working on it.

Welcome aboard would seem more appropriate your case so, Welcome aboard!

I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay!

Message 13 of 31
by: jeff_elephant
on: 15/10/2015 | 10:54

Hey Louise! It now looks like the Phones project has been a success. Can I ask what metrics you guys looked at to determine the 'successfulness' of the Phone project?

Did you work on any other cool projects after the Phone Project?

Message 14 of 31
by: navvy
on: 15/10/2015 | 11:12

Hi @waterbaby

Very pleased to discover we have a waterways enthusiast at the top of giffgaff!

Are you moored on the canal at Uxbridge, or commuting in from elsewhere on the waterway network?  

I asked for my giffgaff rank to be frozen when I reached Navigator, as it fits with my username.

I'm land-based, but I travel around at weekends with groups of volunteers to help restore canals, hopefully providing more miles of canals for you to cruise.

I'll be on the Wey and Arun Canal this weekend.  Not building a water feature in the Top Gear test track, but digging an old railway bridge out of an embankment.  (The canal is buried there too.)

Sorry I missed the Canal Festival on the Slough Arm in September.

Message 15 of 31
by: gordie10
on: 15/10/2015 | 11:30

@navvy wrote:

I'll be on the Wey and Arun Canal this weekend.

I did some of the Wey on a boat for 4 days in May 2013, with my mum, brother and sister-in-law (the latter 2 being over from New Zealand - it was a little family holiday). That was a laugh! Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 31
by: mark1101b
on: 15/10/2015 | 11:42

@waterbaby

I'd say 'Welcome Aboard' but you've been here a while Smiley Wink Arrrrr !

Message 17 of 31
by: pinkcalculator
on: 15/10/2015 | 12:06
I've been to a number of events and things at gg but I'm hopeless with names so if I've already met you and said hi well this is a duplicate hi 😊
I'm not very water loving except for a lot of hot pouring down over my head in the shower.
I came over the chanel in a force 9 gale at 3 months pregnant I think it's reasonable to say I never plan on making the journey again.
I don't mind a general trip up the Thames or similar though
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 18 of 31
by: dannyownz
on: 15/10/2015 | 15:49
Hey there, nice to meet you! Glad to see you on team giffgaff
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 19 of 31
by: harrrrrry
on: 15/10/2015 | 17:21

anaglypta:

Pirate radio style, with one huge mast?  Smiley LOL