Knowledge Base
Community

Auto Renewing Goodybags

Auto Renewing Goodybags

Would it be possible to have an option to set the goodybag to auto renew at the end of the billing month, or the system texts you to confirm if you want to renew ("reply YES to confirm") and then charges another £10/£35 etc for the next month?

At least this way it emulates pay monthly services but when you decide you don't want it you can just let it expire.

265 Comments
newcomer

another vote for this.. an obvious must have.  I suspect i'll have trouble spreading giffgaff to life long contract'ers otherwise!

newcomer

Shame this couldn't be implemented before data charging begins on 3 July 2011 - now I'll be financially penalised if I forget to add a new goodybag before my current one expires. I'm guessing third quarter means third quarter this year?

newcomer

Come on GIffgaff get this moving please  . . . . 

beginner

This feature is so crucial it's quite hard to believe it still hasn't been implmented. Should've been one the required features when you first implemented Goody Bags.

Several times now I've nearly forgotten to renew the goody bag and my credit would've been eaten away by my data usage.

I know that you can queue a goody bag in advance, but as you can only queue one, I still have to remeber to renew the goody bag so I always have one queued up.

newcomer

This feature is so badly needed. Please implement it ASAP guys.

Thanks,

newcomer

dito to everything above!

newcomer

Hi all, I've just joined giffgaff, two accounts for the kids and two more to follow shortly, this is a must!

@fusionblue wrote:

Would it be possible to have an option to set the goodybag to auto renew at the end of the billing month, or the system texts you to confirm if you want to renew ("reply YES to confirm") and then charges another £10/£35 etc for the next month?

At least this way it emulates pay monthly services but when you decide you don't want it you can just let it expire.

aspirant

Should have been implemented a while back, hope it gets done soon Smiley Happy

newcomer

I've just had an email from 'Claire' at Gifgaff (in response to my lamentations that there is still no auto-top up of goody bags) and she said that hopefully it will happen in a month or six weeks. I think that Giffgaff is terrific, but this would put the icing on the cake. Fingers crossed, folk!

newcomer

@fusionblue wrote:

Great idea,  3 giffgaffers in my household soon Smiley Happy