Knowledge Base
Community

Confirm 123 is not the number for the police

Confirm 123 is not the number for the police

The price list page currently says this...

Emergency CallFree
NHS 111 ServiceFree
Non emergency police number (101 and 123)15p per call

This seems to imply the police have two non-emergency numbers.

Please correct the entry to state that 123 is the speaking clock and add the correct price...

Police non-emergency number (101)15p per call
NHS non-emergency number (111)Free
Emergency Call (112 or 999)Free
Speaking clock (123)tbcp per minute

Idea Issue Tracker

10 Comments
heavy hitter

Have you entered a post for this under Contribute?  Under "Contribute" is the place it should be posted and it will be addressed (hopefully) sooner rather than later (through the Idea's process).  Anyway, whatever & whereever makes it quicker to get fixed.

genius

This sort of mistake is what happens when all the site is built by a foreign company who will have no idea of the right or wrongness of the data they have been given to fill it with.

big cheese

Re: "tbcp per minute", I know it's definitely 15p per call when dialling 123, as I received a text message from giffgaff last October, a week before it became 15p per call, informing me of the change, as I'd recently used the service at the time (I don't any more, for the record). (Details in this blog post that the text message directed me to.)

So, with that in mind, even a change as simple as a move of the closing bracket from this position ...

"Non emergency police number (101 and 123)"

... to this position ...

"Non emergency police number (101) and 123"

... would suffice (although it still wouldn't be as clear as it could be).

former giff-staffer
Thanks Folks, just to re-assure you we raised this as a copy change on the 9th July and it will go live in our next release,

Cheers
Hazel.
heavy hitter

123 is speaking clock im afraid

expert
I love speaking to the speaking block. at the first stroke the the is
augur

@gordie10 wrote:

Re: "tbcp per minute", I know it's definitely 15p per call when dialling 123, as I received a text message from giffgaff last October, a week before it became 15p per call, informing me of the change, as I'd recently used the service at the time (I don't any more, for the record). (Details in this blog post that the text message directed me to.)

Thanks for the confirmation of the call price for 123.

Police non-emergency number (101)15p per call
NHS non-emergency number (111)Free
Emergency Call (112 or 999)Free
Speaking clock (123)15p per call

The complete amended call price list would look something like this image.

former giff-staffer
Status changed to: Implemented

newcomer

Is 101 always 15p per minute or would it come out of your minute allowance? It seems a bit excessive to pay when you want to report something.

augur

101 is always 15p per CALL. The same price is charged on every landline and mobile network.

If you are unable or unwilling to call 101, call the alternative 01, 02, 03 or 080 number that each police force is required to advertise alongside 101.