Get Help
Community

Disable Balance Pop-ups

Disable Balance Pop-ups

While for some users, having your giffgaff call balance pop-up after each text or call is really handy, for others it can be a real pain - especially on some handsets where the pop-up is quite intrusive.

Unfortunately this cannot currently be set on or off individually - it is either on for everyone (as it is now) or off for everyone.  Personally I don't mind too much either way, though I can appreciate that it is probably more of an issue for those who don't like it than those who do, so I wouldn't really miss it if it was turned off (especially as you can request an on-demand balance by sending *100# anyway).

If you would prefer it to be off for everyone then please Kudos this idea, if you would prefer to have them left on then please add a comment.  Ideally I suppose we could have the option to turn off and on individually - but that would be a longer term goal as the system would need to be changed to incorporate that.

56 Comments
bc
beginner

Great news to hear that it will soon be possible to disable this. I don't know if my phone's handling of pop-ups is especially intrusive or if I'm a little bit special, but they drive me crazy.

newcomer

Good to hear that i will soon be able to turn them off.

The pop ups are a good idea, but on my handset ( Sony Ericsson K530i ) they can be really annoying as they take about 5 seconds to appear and i can't receive calls or texts until i close the popup, so i have to wait and close the popup before putting the phone back i my pocket.

rookie

For people that can't remember wgat to dial to get the current balance.

Is it really that hard to add it to your contacts list ?

Zuber

Personally I think its a great feature and would prefer it to be an option in the accounts settings to be either on or off, I'd keep mine on.  this is my only pay as you go phone and so its great to see the balance after each use so I can decide whether to top up or not.

Narayani

newcomer

i joined Giffgaff last week and HATE this. there is no way this should be set on as the default given that you can get the balance on demand via text or from the website. by the way 'summary after call' and 'info messages' are both set to off on my phone and i still get the texts.

beginner

I haven't been receiving these on my phone for the last week or two. Have they been disabled now or have I unwittingly done something on my phone to stop them? Only I can't find any relevant options that would turn them off or on (o2 cocoon currently in use).

I ask because, I rather like them, and find them kind of useful after I've made a call, so I'm currently saddened by their cheerful absense on my screen.

rookie

I'm not on giffgaff just yet, but I'm glad to hear that this is going to be a user definable option. During my brief stint on O2's PAYG service, these pop-ups infuriated me.

phenomenon

i agree with some other posts, ensure there is an option to:    have pop-ups after calls not texts [and especially not after a free gg to gg calls, texts, and vid calls]

scholar

On my old sharpe phone it would freeze the handset resulting me having to take the battery out, Its no so much bother on my new handset but an option to switch it on and off would be good. If that can not happen switch it off as ballance can be requested via a short code anyway.

maestro
by oscillik on 16-April-2010 06:28

I'm not on giffgaff just yet, but I'm glad to hear that this is going to be a user definable option. During my brief stint on O2's PAYG service, these pop-ups infuriated me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ditto.

I'm highly considering joining giffgaff... but these popups drove me MAD when I used to be on O2 payg... I would probably have to reconsider if they were not disabled by the time I am ready to start using my GG sim.