Get Help
Community

Disable Balance Pop-ups

Disable Balance Pop-ups

While for some users, having your giffgaff call balance pop-up after each text or call is really handy, for others it can be a real pain - especially on some handsets where the pop-up is quite intrusive.

Unfortunately this cannot currently be set on or off individually - it is either on for everyone (as it is now) or off for everyone.  Personally I don't mind too much either way, though I can appreciate that it is probably more of an issue for those who don't like it than those who do, so I wouldn't really miss it if it was turned off (especially as you can request an on-demand balance by sending *100# anyway).

If you would prefer it to be off for everyone then please Kudos this idea, if you would prefer to have them left on then please add a comment.  Ideally I suppose we could have the option to turn off and on individually - but that would be a longer term goal as the system would need to be changed to incorporate that.

56 Comments
newcomer
I find the pop ups annoying. I'd like to have the option to turn them off or on. Is it not possible to send a text to giffgaff for current balance? I would rather do that.

PLEASE turn it OFF!!

novice

You can turn them off by going to My Giffgaff at the top of this page, then click Phone settings.

trainee

It is annoying when I am attempting to call one person and they aren't responding.. 

newcomer
Please disable these, the text popups especially on an unlimited text goody bag is really irritating.
newcomer

I haven't read all the opinions, being a sofrware I understand the way you presented the problem.

My personal opinion as a user:

Give priority to adding the feature of disabling/enabling them to each user, I have just moved from Vodafone and this is the first thing I don't like about giffgaff.

Regards,