Get Help
Community

GiffGaff Advertise

0 Kudos

GiffGaff Advertise

giffgaff is only advertised on the internet we are forgetting that not everyone has internet acess, I think giffgaff should start advertising on billboards, magazines, leaflets and maybe televison if it is affirdable since they have been here for some time now, this can increase the rate of customers and build Giffgaff's popularity. Smiley Happy 

12 Comments
The have done in newspapers before! but advertising costs on huge scales like tv is far too expensive.
counsellor

You could but than that means spending money and that could cause giffgaff prices to rise to cover costs but i do understand what you are saying...but i think people can access internet in a variety of places, school,colleges, work, library so i think it is still widely available to be seen by event those without internet access..plus word of mouth is enough to get around look how big it has grown...

top cat
Yes so download some of the posters made by other giffgaffers and print them off and display them wherever you think is suitable to display them.
top cat
The following link links to a porter you can download and is truly scaleable topactically any size you would want. http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute-Innovation-Promotion/FREE-the-giffgaff-A-size-promotion-...
top cat
Poster not porter
tipster

The whole ethos to GG is to avoid things like television advertising, they're trying to prove that a people powered network is possible through social media and whatnot. If they trim out the fat, we get the fat back as a community! (Only as lovely free money and airtime!)

So internet advertising and newspapers I can just about understand, billboards and TV don't strike me as what GiffGaff is about.

edoubleliot said:

"The whole ethos to GG is to avoid things like television advertising, they're trying to prove that a people powered network is possible through social media and whatnot. If they trim out the fat, we get the fat back as a community! (Only as lovely free money and airtime!)"

I don't want any more fat, thank you, I'm fat enough!

maestro

They advertise in a different way. They encourage people to spread giffgaff by giving the recruiter £5 per activation. If the £5 wasn't offered people wouldn't be so eager to spread. So giffgaff are spending money on promoting themselves just in a different way.

phenomenon

besides the expense point, if people do not have internet access, then i would hesitate to recruit/encourage them to join gg in the first place, as goodybags are only available online, all support is online (both community and agents), announcements are all done online, etc

former giff-staffer
Status changed to: Not For Us
This Idea has unfortunately not received much support in over 3 months and has not reached the magic 10 kudos needed but if it does it will later be revisited. ^_^ Thanks so much for contributing to the Ideas board and I look forward to your next idea. Kind regards, Hazel