Get Help
Community

Giffgaff needs to be competitive again

Giffgaff needs to be competitive again

Increasingly the competition has come closer to giffgaff offering and in fact in may cirumstances have beaten  the goodybags on offer. The market now is fierce. I would like Giffgaff to regularly review its goodybags on a monthly basis that we are indeed getting the best prices they can offer given to this fierce competition.

Some if not all these offerings are beating giffgaff hands down and we all want the cheapest as possible around.

Kingdom Mobile on EE

http://kingdommobile.co.uk/bundles/

BUNDLES VOICE LIMIT SMS LIMIT DATA OTHER DETAILS SELECT BUNDLE

Kingdom £5550 minutes to other UK networksUnlimited texts to other UK networks1 GB Data UsageUnlimited calls and texts from Kingdom to Kingdom.

To buy Kingdom 5 send TEXT/SMS with Bundle NAT5 to 1244

Kingdom £101000 minutes to other UK networksUnlimited texts to other UK networksUnlimited Data UsageUnlimited calls and texts from Kingdom to Kingdom.

To buy Kingdom10 send TEXT/SMS with Bundle NAT10 to 1244

Kingdom £202000 minutes to other UK networksUnlimited texts to other UK networksUnlimited Data Usage

Asda Mobile 

£5

100 mins

2000 texts

100MB data

£7

300 mins

Unlimited texts

500MB data

£10

600 mins

Unlimited texts

1GB data

£15

1000 mins

Unlimited texts

2GB data

Vectone Mobile on  EE

http://www.vectonemobile.co.uk/pay-as-you-go/offer/low-cost-international-calls-uk.aspx

Unlimited Texts Unlimited Minutes Unlimited Data £10

Delight Mobile on EE

http://www.delightmobile.co.uk/bundles/delight-bundle.aspx

£10 

Bundle

500 UK Minutes

Unlimited UK Texts

2000MB Data

Unlimited Delight to Delight

£15Bundle

Unlimited UK Minutes

Unlimited UK Texts

Unlimited Data

Unlimited Delight to Delight

As you can see the market is fighting now and I do feel the goodybags on GG could be better. If they had monthly reviews and actually compare with the REAL market not just the ones they want to match like o2 EE and Vodafone you would keep more custom

30 Comments
Never heard of Kingdom mobile before, gonna check it out thanks. And i agree too
visionary
yes giffgaff has lost its edge now.
mastermind
Ah ha the enemy within, advertising the competition Smiley Wink
aspirant

I would like giffgaff to be more competitive as well. I really don't want to leave giffgaff because of a sense of loyalty, and because i find it a very easy and flexible service to use. But I am finding myself tempted by some of the very competiitive deals that other services are offering, and at some point i may find them irresistable. So, please consider this suggestion, giffgaff.

But it seems that many giffgaff members like the current giffgaff offer because of payback. When this suggestion has been made in the past (i.e. more competitive googybags), many giffgaff members have suggested that we should use other services if they suit us better, but that they will stick with giffgaff because of the payback offer, and the level of customer service. Payback seems to be a major factor for long-term and loyal customers.

But I think that giffgaff will lose customers over time if their goodybags don't remain competitive.

It's not just about keeping existing customers (people who are familiar with payback and with the level of customer service) but giffgaff also needs to attract new customers who won't be familiar the payback awards etc., and the level of customer satisfaction in general.  

I don't think it's necessary for giffgaff to reassess its offer every month, but perhaps every six months would be a good idea. I think it definitely needs to be more competitive at the moment.

I'm not 100% sure I'd trust kingdom mobile as a service provider...

The website seems very basic and all of the bundles are listed as 'coming soon'....

veteran

Have to agree with the statement regarding kingdom above,  this raises the question how soon is soon ?

Sometime -maybe-never ?

pathfinder

im Agree with it

helping the masses
We certainly have lost our edge ..so supported
motivator
We certainly got excited about the 5 and 7.50 goidybags just recently but that kingdom mobile tarriff kicks them out the water with ease however they dont offer payback system and if you really think about it you can in reality giffgaff for free should you earn enough points and in my case even get paid to use giffgaff by earning more giffgaff points that it takes to cover the whole year!
mastermind
Free mobile voice, text and data plans coming to UK Search for the above story on the beeb site