Get Help
Community

Introduce a goodybag for less than £10 which includes data

Introduce a goodybag for less than £10 which includes data

I know this is not a new idea, but since giffgaff are now charging people (who are not on a goodybag worth £10 or more) for data I feel this needs to be reconsidered.

I have spoken to Vincent about introducing a monthly data cap, and his response was positive.

Based on the fact that for over a year giffgaff have been giving each of their customers 100mb EVERY DAY FOR FREE (this equatres to approx. 3000mb per month), I think that a relatively small monthly data cap could set on goodybags under £10.

Maybe a goodybag for £7.50 could be implemented which includes unlimited texts and 250mb (I mean 250mb to be used throughout the entire month, this is not a daily limit).

In my opinion, I think that many people (including myself)  who currently buy £5 goodybags will start buying this goodybag instead which will obviously result in more income for giffgaff.

Please give kudos if you think that introducing a goodybag with a small monthly data cap would be a step in the right direction for giffgaff. Thanks.

39 Comments
contributor

When I first read your suggestion I got the impression that you may be employed as a package planner for one of the opposition networks. Smiley Happy

What you left out was a suggestion for the penalty for going over your limit.

The price differential would not be significant enough when compared to the £10 GB with unlimited data.

The whole idea of the data focussed goodybag was to fill the gap with an option to serve the people that make very few calls , even less texts but use the data for online services.

There are many people like this, stuck with hundreds of minutes & texts, paid for & never used or occasionally being heavily penalised for going over their data allowanceon the minimalist package.

I accept that GG are in business to show a profit which was why I suggested a mutually beneficial idea some time ago.

Here

I think all ideas deserve credit.

My only concern with this one is the value of saving just £2:50 per month.

There tends to be a natural progression with goody bag type plans 

e.g.  £5 ,   £10,   £20,    £40  etcetera.

Traditionaly the next step would be to consider a £2:50 goody bag for really light users, kids etc.

I'm not sure of the value of an ' in between goody bag '  but I do appreciate individual circumstances vary.

graduate

@johnlaurence6

I understand what you are saying, and I brought this up in my conversion with Vincent. However, he explained that providing data is very costly to giffgaff and therefore providing any amount of data to goodybags that cost £5 would not be benefitial to giffgaff, in terms of profit-making. It is for this reason that I proposed a £7.50 goodybag.

graduate

@pellonet

The penalty for going over the monthly limit is the same as going over minutes in a goodybag - you will be charged at the standard rate until another goodybag is activated.

dabbler

I would just like to see some data even if its a tiny bit included in the £5 one. Just incase I accidently went on the web apart from anything else.

newcomer

these ideas are all great, i think there should be an only internet data goodybag for those who use internet more than anything else... btw if u use Watsapp txtn wid m8s  automatically becomes free.lol

aren't giffgaff already working on these data only bags etc?

Realistically, any data only goodybag that costs more than £5 per month is out of step with the rest of the market place. If giffgaff expect members to pay arounf £7.50 a month for data they will most likely have a mass exodus on their hands. 

beginner

Or a goodybag that includes credit and Internet say £5 credit and 250MB goodybag a month (credit stays)??

expert

i just feel a £2.50 increment is too small - maybe a goodybag with significantly fewer minutes and texts and data? but that just doesnt  seem feasible....I think theres not much difference in that £2.50 is there??