Get Help
Community

hey giffgaffers,

I know alot of members have stated that they forgot their username and I seen an idea which was declined as a duplicate earlier regarding this issue so here's my thought on it.

Can giffgaff enable active members (who already have an active SIM card) to log into their giffgaff accounts by entering their giffgaff mobile number into the username field?

Obviously those who don't have an active SIM card won't have a giffgaff number but at least those members who do have an active SIM will be able to log into theirs and order goodybags etc as well as see their username again. Smiley Wink

I'm not sure if this is a viable option for giffgaff to use but it's worth putting out there to see if members think it would be helpful. Smiley Very Happy

ethani99

54 Comments
nsp
scholar

You got my support, Ethani99! People use different user names on each site they visit, but only one giffgaff number!

Surely it should not be too difficult for the tech guys at giffgaff and lithium to implement?

KUDOS TO YOU!!

former giff-staffer
Status changed to: Working On It
Hi Smiley Happy This has been accepted and will be implemented within the next coming months. I'll update timeframe when I know more Smiley Happy
virtuoso

Uhh, has this one become forgotten?

former giff-staffer
Status changed to: Under Consideration
Hi! We're still excited to do this idea, but it's not quite in the routemaster at the moment - when it is, we'll update this idea to 'Coming Soon', have a nice day and thank you for contributing to the Ideas Board!
apprentice

why doesnt GG allow members to use there mobile phone number to login aswell just incase someone forgot there username they could just put there mobile phone number and password

on the forum everyone will see the username but when logging in users can use the mobile phone number to login

That's not a bad idea, as it can be easy to forget your username if it has lots of digits or symbols, but everyone remembers their own phone number
1_
pioneer
Good idea. +1
novice
Not as user name as your phone is private. Best users use password they can not forget
phenomenon

I can't believe that's been suggested, it beats me how anyone can forget their username. After all you choose it yourself.

Also anyone who can't remember a simple thing like their own username is very unlikely to be able to remember a password which you also have to input when accessing your account. So what do you suggest they be able to use in place of that?

I know it happens, because I've seen questions in help and support from people that have forgot their username, password and Email. However I've yet to find out how any of them got on with the Agents if they can't remember all three.

A username is easily recovered in any case - just text USERNAME to 43430