Get Help
Community

Online usage history (itemized billing)

Online usage history (itemized billing)

This is another idea that has been brought up several times in various forms (see usage-history tag), but

haven't yet made it to these pages. I feel very strongly about this and would like to promote this also here: 

the idea is to implement a  'Usage history' or 'Itemized billing' under My_giffgaff on the webpage.

I prefer the 'Usage history', as i think the important aspects is that it enables one to monitor usage

(data is transferred, but of course also calls, and txt messages), not only the bill/balance at the end.

It would be a feature that underpins transparency and is very much in line with the philosophy

of giffgaff as an internet based and community oriented company. 

537 Comments
pupil

How is this idea coming along? Smiley Happy

beginner

I join in the support for this facility - it underlines the transparency and the GiffGaff philosophy.

Be happy to test the "beta" 

Hedgie

beginner

I would like to hear how this is going.

trainee

This thing should have been done in the early days as it is not something which is very difficult to develop but if they have now started working on it still its good, better late than never...

genius
giffgaff already have itemised billing - others the top 5 numbers report in the monthly statement wouldn't be possible. I don't know why giffgaff don't just give us the raw data. The cynic in me says it's so that we can't tell when we're being charged more than we ought to be being charged; the more realistic part of me says that someone is convinced that the community can't cope with raw data and it needs to be prettified unnecessarily. If giffgaff are listening - just give me the data; I can make it pretty myself if I need to!
governor
Your message staring "giffgaff already have itemised billing" got me all excited as I thought it had been quietly implemented while I wasn't looking. Dissapointed again. I do see the point of the post though and would like access to the raw data.
consultant

I even sent a pm to vincent a while back, but didnt get a reply (didnt think i would tbh). I have read in other threads/posts that it is top priority for next year.

rocket scientist
when is this idea being implemented?
newcomer

Itemised billing is an absolute must particularly if you are roaming. It also enables transparency - otherwise how do we know if a call has been made / charged that should not have been.

I notice this feature was due 1st half of 2011 - any update on progress?

Thanks for the work.

Ian

mastermind

any news on this