Get Help
Community

Online usage history (itemized billing)

Online usage history (itemized billing)

This is another idea that has been brought up several times in various forms (see usage-history tag), but

haven't yet made it to these pages. I feel very strongly about this and would like to promote this also here: 

the idea is to implement a  'Usage history' or 'Itemized billing' under My_giffgaff on the webpage.

I prefer the 'Usage history', as i think the important aspects is that it enables one to monitor usage

(data is transferred, but of course also calls, and txt messages), not only the bill/balance at the end.

It would be a feature that underpins transparency and is very much in line with the philosophy

of giffgaff as an internet based and community oriented company. 

537 Comments
trainee

I had only been a GiffGaff customer a few days when I had to contact them regarding why my £10 credit had reduced. This would have been avoided if the information was available online. I was previously a Tesco Mobile customer and O2 before that but I can't recall itemised bills with either so I can understand if GiffGaff aren't able to do this. However a better Mobile App would be nice without the need to login each time.

newcomer

I strongly agree for itemise billing or usage history because I know a lot of people are not signing up to giffgaff because of this. Since cheap international calls are introduced I think it should be implemented and you will see a boost in the international calls.

Mo

associate

It's a good idea.

newcomer
Great idea especially for cost outside of your goodybag. Last week I was abroad and used phone for call sms and data. Great to have balance sent to me (not every time though) but usage split on website would provide more transparency. MMS is another one too. Good luck...
newcomer

I am new to giifgaff and I am very disappointed that I cannot seem the roaming charges deducted from my credit.  How can I tell that these charges are correct if I cannot see them.  I can see that members have been asking for this for several years.  Is there anywhere you can see a breakdown.  What do members do if they are on PAYG can they also not see the charges.  Are we expected to trust that all is correct?  I don't think so.

Stitch

cicerone
I have had a mobile phone 16 years and never needed a itemised bill. It will cost more than it brings in , so i dont want it.
navigator
Detailed usage data on every call, text and data connection should be available in My giffgaff. Just the last few hundred items. Five items is not enough, since the connection to view the data would count as one item. I've just used SMS voting on Lloyds Bank Community Fund, which is supposed to be charged at national rate and my credit went down 10p instead of 6p. I'd like to see what the text was clasified as, so I could complain to Lloyds about their misleading statement.
newcomer
It is a good idea for a feature. Although some phones already record this information and in some cases you can even set usage limits, so it seems a little redundant to me. But everyone's phones do different things, so for those, this would be great.
nfh
maestro

Although I have a Giffgaff SIM card, the main factor preventing me using it for my main mobile number is that usage history is unreasonably hidden from customers. Given that usage history is not hidden from Giffgaff staff, why is it hidden from customers? Why was the network ever set up with this basic data hidden from customers?

Apart from the obvious problem of not being able to see how and why one's balance has been reduced, it presents a greater problem to some potential customers. Some people need to claim back the cost of communications from their employers or from other third parties, and the lack of any itemisation makes this impossible, causing the customer to be out of pocket, where they would not be out of pocket using another network. Therefore these people cannot switch to Giffgaff.

Given that it is a showstopper for so many potential customers, why doesn't Giffgaff rectify this obvious and unreasonable omission?

maestro

Where are we with this?

Giffgaff clearly have the data indexed to the account as they can export it to Excel in response to individual requests.

Shove the data over to a web server in the early hours, add a link through My Giffgaff, hardly a major resource requirement.