Get Help
Community

Online usage history (itemized billing)

Online usage history (itemized billing)

This is another idea that has been brought up several times in various forms (see usage-history tag), but

haven't yet made it to these pages. I feel very strongly about this and would like to promote this also here: 

the idea is to implement a  'Usage history' or 'Itemized billing' under My_giffgaff on the webpage.

I prefer the 'Usage history', as i think the important aspects is that it enables one to monitor usage

(data is transferred, but of course also calls, and txt messages), not only the bill/balance at the end.

It would be a feature that underpins transparency and is very much in line with the philosophy

of giffgaff as an internet based and community oriented company. 

537 Comments
newcomer
I think it would be a very good feature - I would find it useful, definitely. Sometimes it's impossible to ally your charges to calls/texts you have made.
newcomer

I fully support this idea as I have a son on GiffGaff who's usage is often without thought. I have been on a number of networks and always found this information useful even if the presentation limited.

The good thing with this GiffGaff is that we can't go over the goody bag limit

Silo

beginner

It's been 4 years since it was said "At the moment we are considering the best approach to supply this information you".

Has a decision been made at all in the 4 years?

newcomer

I'm relatively new to really using giffgaff although I've had a sim for over a year [initially it was in a spare phone]. Getting at my usage data would be really useful in deciding which was the best goodybag to buy. At the moment I probably spend too much since I don't want to run out of bytes or minutes.

So yes please, it would be great to have!

newcomer
Definitely need a usage summary. Otherwise how would you know if the balance display is accurate on GiggGaff PAYG SIM. It's also useful to monitor your usage abd have a history if calls and texts that have already been paid for in advance.
novice
I support this idea %100, and I strongly suggest every one should too

It would be really useful and would also cut down on enquiries to 'Ask an Agent' as currently that is the only way to check unexpected charges.

Hopefully this topic will continue to remain active

newcomer

Cat Happy Yes I agree Itemised Billing online would be hellpful to be able to analyse which times and which numbers are used.

cicerone
Good idea. Would help to see where internet is being used up.
novice
This is a very good idea. But is there a danger here that the time it takes to bring this to reality would increase costs which wouldn't be much good to users. GG is successful because it is able to keep costs down, and as a user I don't want a load of frills and fancies that increase the amount I pay.
newcomer
I had a £12 goodybag and also £25 pounds in credit goody bag has run out but I cant seem to find other credit? Thanks