Get Help
Community

Online usage history (itemized billing)

Online usage history (itemized billing)

This is another idea that has been brought up several times in various forms (see usage-history tag), but

haven't yet made it to these pages. I feel very strongly about this and would like to promote this also here: 

the idea is to implement a  'Usage history' or 'Itemized billing' under My_giffgaff on the webpage.

I prefer the 'Usage history', as i think the important aspects is that it enables one to monitor usage

(data is transferred, but of course also calls, and txt messages), not only the bill/balance at the end.

It would be a feature that underpins transparency and is very much in line with the philosophy

of giffgaff as an internet based and community oriented company. 

537 Comments
I think it's an excellent idea I personally would benefit from seeing my call and text history!'
student

Finally!!  The only missing feature from GiffGaff.

I totally support the idea, going even beyond, I would be more than happy to be part of the beta testing for anything.  Test the accuracy, speed and server response to stressful and busy moments for them.

Great community, great GiffGaff. Smiley Happy

If you are looking for any more Beta Testers, I would be very interested. 

This is a very good idea.  I've been wanting the information since joining GG. 

When I joined GG, you used to send a monthly e-mail with a summary of my usage including a recommendation for which GoodyBag was most suitable (if any).  I miss that, but more detail that is available throughout the month is even better, especially if it is available for more than a month. 

I think I still have an account with another mobile company and that has the "statement" available on-line so that you can see how many minutes each call used, how many texts at a time and the number contacted.  I didn't use data as the mobile was too basic for that so don't know how that was dealt with. 

novice

I look forward to the launch of a usage monitor.  It would be a very helpful feature at GiffGaff.

student

Usage summary would be great and one over other PAYG providers.

I would volunteer for Beta testing (semi-retired IT consultant).

newcomer
I support this idea. I find it much easier to assimilate information in a visual form than via sound. This is particularly so in noisy environments (just about everywhere!). In my case this is part of my Asperger wiring, though I'm sure anyone with hearing difficulties would benefit

This is great news.

The more that GG can do to remove the reasons for people using other companies, and getting ripped off, the better. 

Thanks for making GG better and better.

student
In answer to chookiecaz, other providers who give online usage summaries usually just say how much data was used on each day. Still useful info. If GG did provide usage info, it really would provide best of both worlds - contract & PAYG.

Glad there is now some progress.

Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer now.

This idea in this form is over 4 years old, far longer than I've been on giffgaff ...

Finally!