Get Help
Community

Online usage history (itemized billing)

Online usage history (itemized billing)

This is another idea that has been brought up several times in various forms (see usage-history tag), but

haven't yet made it to these pages. I feel very strongly about this and would like to promote this also here: 

the idea is to implement a  'Usage history' or 'Itemized billing' under My_giffgaff on the webpage.

I prefer the 'Usage history', as i think the important aspects is that it enables one to monitor usage

(data is transferred, but of course also calls, and txt messages), not only the bill/balance at the end.

It would be a feature that underpins transparency and is very much in line with the philosophy

of giffgaff as an internet based and community oriented company. 

537 Comments
pioneer

I strongly support the idea of Usage History.

It would be really useful and would also cut down on enquiries to 'Ask an Agent' as currently that is the only way to check unexpected charges.

Hopefully this topic will continue to remain active.

former giff-staffer
Status changed to: Under Consideration
Hi all, At the moment we are considering the best approach to supply this information you. So it is something we are looking at but have made no firm decision on which way we are going with this. Cheers, Vincent
beginner

Hi. I strongly support this idea. Unfortunately, I'm leaving giffgaff as an online form of usage history was what I used to curb my excess spending. I didn't realise how much that feature was essential to myself. I wish the best for giffgaff and I hope this idea gets implemented soon.

instructor

Are you getting the "credit remaining" messages on your handset?

This is a great way to see how much credit you are using, and how much you have left. The beauty of GG is that the balance is available for calls AND texts - so there's no restriction of how many of either you have remaining.

Sorry to see you go. Good luck.

visionary

Sorry to hear you are leaving giffofthegaff

and many thanks for giving your vote and support!

phenomenon

Great idea, this would really put one over all other pay-as-you-go companies.

GG, if it don't take up much money develop this feature

An example of it is below,

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Ask-the-community-got-stuck/Giffgaff-Free-texts-calls-and-inte...

rookie

An excellent idea.  This is one of those features you take for granted on pay monthly so adding it as a Giffgaff feature does go some way to bridging the void between the features (and cost) of pay monthly and the simplicity (and cheapness) of Giffgaff PAYG.

Hi All, I posted this in the ideas section, didn't see it here - but fully agree with the above:

-------

Would love to see this added to our home pages - will be handy when the bandwidth charges arrive. Would also love to see an iPhone/Android etc. app for keeping an eye on costs.

Once you have the data (as I'm sure giffgaff do) then you could also start predicting when your cash will run out - I'm sure that with the appropriate caveats people would appreciate this feature.

Here's a screenshot:

http://www.matthewbowden.com/images/giff_gaff_history.png

-------

supporter

I've nothing against apps but I really think the community should develop these once Giffgaff provide the relevant APIs when they implement this feature.

newcomer

def need usage summary

it has to be the number one priority implement, that giffgaff do

and change the name to someting like victus, victory to us, the ppl,lol

jay