Get Help
Community

Order a GoodyBag and apply credit via text

Order a GoodyBag and apply credit via text

I think it would be nice if we could order a GoodyBag or apply credit via text

I'll explain scenario, today i wanted the £5/month GoodyBag but really did not want to log on to my laptop [cos its sooo slow], so could have just texted "£5 Goodybag" to a GG phone number, [if your credit card details are saved online] they then in a text back ask me to confirm what i am buying and then apply the respective goodybag/credit to my account. Then if i wanted credit i could have texted "£5 credit".

Just an idea, leave your comments or if you like it Kudos the idea

please note: i added the "apply credit" idea  from the response from 'geekonthepc'. So many thanks to him/her

143 Comments
former giff-staffer
Status changed to: Not For Us
06/05/2012 - this idea is still Not Suitable facing review and our position is still that we don't want to pursue this as an avenue to top up. Instead we will continue to focus on the web and on getting giffgaff.com fully functional on mobile devices. (95)
newcomer
I top up by voucher via IVR & hope it will soon give the option to buy a goody bag the same way. It is much quicker than going online.
pathfinder
Hazel, that's great you're working on improving the web services and hopefully making them more stable. But not everyone has a smartphone or a home computer. Are they not welcome as giffgaff customers? At present there would be no way for them to convert their top up vouchers into goodybags and there is nothing being done or even planned to rectify that. It is an essential feature of a mobile network that every other network provides. --Adam
newcomer

I would like this, would save me time

pathfinder
I'm aware this is a duplicate but counting the kudos from this idea along with the original idea shows there is very much a want for this. Almost every other network allows using SMS and IVR to buy plans/addons, the website isn't a solution to this idea. --Adam
I boldly went...
I'm sure the cost of putting this system will be very high though ...im thinking About GG being competitive but if overhead cost increase goodybags prices may fly ..
counsellor

06/05/2012 - this idea is still Not Suitable facing review and our position is still that we don't want to pursue this as an avenue to top up. Instead we will continue to focus on the web and on getting giffgaff.com fully functional on mobile devices. (95)

I have to credit this idea, i agree that it may not have been suitable as giffgaff wanted to create their brand through the web, but i do feel that giffgaff would see an increase in numbers if this were ever introduced.

the thing which seems to put off a good number of folk is the web access thing. there is a large proportion of people who are quite happy living without a computer, and perhaps see no value in having one.

the only potential flaw i see with this idea at present, is in order to buy goodybags and have credit added, you need an account, which currently can only be done via the web.

it seems to me that this issue would need addressing, then follow on with this idea.

hmmm, thinks..
governor
I've just been referred back here from a new (duplicate) post - but I kudosed this months ago. I want to add my support again (shame I can only kudos once) and state that 105 kudos are currently being ignored. Giffgaff, please listen to us!
top cat

@rlproper

Hey, 

This idea needs 40 more kudos/votes to be re-considered Smiley Happy 

Thanks

governor
I don't think it will be reconsidered. They have made up their mind!