Get Help
Community

Order a GoodyBag and apply credit via text

Order a GoodyBag and apply credit via text

I think it would be nice if we could order a GoodyBag or apply credit via text

I'll explain scenario, today i wanted the £5/month GoodyBag but really did not want to log on to my laptop [cos its sooo slow], so could have just texted "£5 Goodybag" to a GG phone number, [if your credit card details are saved online] they then in a text back ask me to confirm what i am buying and then apply the respective goodybag/credit to my account. Then if i wanted credit i could have texted "£5 credit".

Just an idea, leave your comments or if you like it Kudos the idea

please note: i added the "apply credit" idea  from the response from 'geekonthepc'. So many thanks to him/her

143 Comments
expert

How can you top up a balance from your balance?

Caw using a voucher to top up with. That's what I'm talking about. Not all out giffgaffers use their phones to access the internet. . .So a free text would be ideal. Smiley Happy
expert
That's true I know some old people who only use gg for calls n texts. They dont use data , actually don't need or want to
pathfinder

My other-half and I used to use this feature a lot when we were with Lebara. It was super fast and handy!

You could txt (with £10 topup as an example):

£10 |insert Goodybag name/Airtime here|

or if you want to topup another Giffgaffer:

£10 |insert Goodybag name/Airtime here| |insert Giffgaff phone number here|

I would definately make use of this!

navigator
Old phones with basic browsers don't work on the giffgaff.com website, so buying a goodybag is impossible unless you have a separate computer. This is a good idea, but it's been suggested before - lots of times. Please support this one, which already has 158 kudos and is "under consideration". http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Order-a-GoodyBag-and-apply-credit-via-t...
Caw hi enchantedsun. Smiley Happy Yeah that would be great. Handy even if you didnt want a goody bag. Texting is quick and easy to do anywhere Smiley Happy
Caw I've put an idea up suggesting topping up by text today !! Didn't realise this thread was active . .
soothsayer
@buntercrow - it pays to search first sometimes
Caw yes you're right mate
pathfinder

Yes please! Super fast and handy Smiley Happy used to use this a lot with my old provider and will absolutely use it tons if Giffgaff decides to implement it!

Would be good if you could also quickly top up another Giffgaffer via text as well. ^^ As in Aks782's example text: £5 credit |insert Giffgaff phone number here|