Get Help
Community

Reinstate O2 shops lifting giffgaff adult restrictions

Reinstate O2 shops lifting giffgaff adult restrictions

Not everyone feels comfortable typing in their passport details or driving licence over the net or to giffgaff.<br><br>Popping into your local O2 shop may have been the safer option.<br>I have also noticed many people seem to be struggling when they do actually try to type in their details that the system is just not accepting it!<br>And getting an agent to help is not always that easy! So having the option to stroll in your local O2 shop was a good option for many.<br><br>Please consider reinstating this Smiley Wink
59 Comments
sensei
Well yorkie O2 gave gg funding either this is a loan or investment so surely they do want their money back or their money to grow! Wouldn't make sense to give mOney away ! Smiley Wink And thank you for the support!
soothsayer

I don't know why stopped having the shops able to lift the restrictions or if they've asked if O2 will let them do it in future but they should. A passport number is like 44 characters and most of them >>>>>>> it's daft that there isn't an easier way.

prophet

@rochessel

I think it's more about how O2 manage resources - What I mean by that is where they're putting money. It's like an advert being analysed, it would be false statistics for O2 to look at a tesco mobile advert and saying they're getting the money. So instead they want to make the services for O2 customers direct. So say O2 put 1 million into stores a year, some of that money is wasted when a giffgaff customer walks in as it's not the right pot of money. If that makes sense?

Still a good idea though Smiley Happy

prophet

@stephen

See above - The system upgrade was to eliminate 'money going elsewhere. Take O2 Priority Moments for example, O2 would 'waste' money of marketing if all giffgaff users used the service, so they upgraded that and all marketing campaigns and systems to prevent other MVNO networks off o2 to use the system.

sensei
I see what you mean James so really gg need to stick their hands in their pockets to give O2 a little money for this deal to be reinstated Smiley Wink It's not about a favor but a buisness deal! Which will inevitably benefit both networks
prophet

@Rochessel

Yup - Well said! Smiley Happy

sensei
Thank you Smiley Wink
prophet

@Rochessel

You're welcome Rochessel, very welcome Smiley Happy.

enigma

you could be more cycnical and say that giffgaff don't get the support needed cos in the long term O2 actually are just running giffgaff as a tax right-off & experiment... when (hopefully not) it fails due to issues like this O2 can claim they tried the whole 'social' experiment & it failed...

sure the sums involved aren't as high as Voda's tax deal with hmrc but... fairly easy way to 'lose' say £50m or £80m over the 5 year deal...

sensei
No one likes to lose money at the end of the day. And this is a buisness deal not a favor!