Get Help
Community

Reinstate O2 shops lifting giffgaff adult restrictions

Reinstate O2 shops lifting giffgaff adult restrictions

Not everyone feels comfortable typing in their passport details or driving licence over the net or to giffgaff.<br><br>Popping into your local O2 shop may have been the safer option.<br>I have also noticed many people seem to be struggling when they do actually try to type in their details that the system is just not accepting it!<br>And getting an agent to help is not always that easy! So having the option to stroll in your local O2 shop was a good option for many.<br><br>Please consider reinstating this Smiley Wink
59 Comments
enigma

perhaps if the 'money' was optional?

ie the customer were to pay whatever fee O2 require?

I don't want to see the tariffs increase cos of some (unecessary) business expenditure... the customer who demands the service should pay for it...

agents do this for users anyway, and the website did it for me, so if a customer 'needs' a premium service, why not simply implement an appropriate charge?

sensei
Agents are a nightmare! And not everyone has these types of id or feel comfortable handing it out online! It's hardly something premium rate when small companies offer something similar. But I understand your point. Also I think at times people in courage gg's bad habit of not spending money to improve a better service Smiley Sad
prophet
"Also I think at times people in courage gg's bad habit of not spending money to improve a better service" Erm - they've just spent 1.5 million on the system Smiley Tongue
sensei
We hope they did. We hope it's improved the system!
sensei
No point.
oracle

But gg isn't owned by o2 .... it's owned by Telefonica...Both gg and o2 have different Business Models and Structures...therefore = seperate..??

Just look at how many Businesses are owned by Kingfisher Group or Walmart for example - no two businesses are run "hand in hand" as it were..?

sensei
So O2 didn't give gg money then ? And O2 didn't send out gg's boxes
sensei
They are both own by Telefonica we know that. And O2 gave gg a big investment. They are seperate in buisness models but they ate closely tied to each other! No company gives money to another for no reason at all!
sensei
If gg goes bust O2 will pick up the bill! I say that's not seperate!
motivator

Just fake up a driving licence number - wont that work?

If XXXXX123456ABCDE was a driving licence number - then...

XXXXXX is the first six letters of your last name

1 is the decade of your birth
2 is the 0 or 1 as the first digit of your month of birth
3 is the last digit of your month of birth
4 is the 0, 1, 2, or 3 as the first digit of your day of birth
5 is the last digit of your day of birth
6 is the last digit of the year of your birth

For ABCDE - they are your initials excluding your last name - with some other letters added to make it five long.