Knowledge Base
Community

SIM only mobile broadband

SIM only mobile broadband

I happen to think this would be a great idea. You'd be the only provider to have it and it would mean that people with unlocked dongles could use your network for mobile broadband.

It could be totally pay as you go, and it would mean you would be able to make sure you were earning a profit for people using their giffgaff service primarily for mobile broadband.

EDIT 25/3/2011: Haven't heard much from giffgaff lately on this one, but I'm still very much in favour of this idea coming into play Smiley Happy

70 Comments
helper
Great idea.
pupil

@comstock  i too love the none expiry idea as this 30 day expiry is garbage.. you could really kill it with none expiring data... Thanks 

newcomer

one of the other networks have now launched unlimed data brord band on there dongel for 15 pounds so it may be woth doing the same or cheeper than 15 for unlimed

@geekonthepc wrote:

I happen to think this would be a great idea. You'd be the only provider to have it and it would mean that people with unlocked dongles could use your network for mobile broadband.

It could be totally pay as you go, and it would mean you would be able to make sure you were earning a profit for people using their giffgaff service primarily for mobile broadband.

EDIT 25/3/2011: Haven't heard much from giffgaff lately on this one, but I'm still very much in favour of this idea coming into play Smiley Happy

pioneer

not long to wait now for data only goodybag

newcomer

which doogle would you use ? i have a 02 dongle could i use this 

lives and breathes giffgaff

@dawnwosdell 

Yes hopefully you will be able to, you will just need to pop in the data only sim and buy a data goodybag Smiley Wink (when it is released)

and you will off to a flying start Smiley Wink

If you would like to know when the release date is look here (as it is as latest as it gets Smiley Wink 

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates-Notice-board/gigabag-release-date-moved-by-one-week... 

former giff-staffer
Status changed to: Implemented
This has now been implemented with our gigabags range. Enjoy Smiley Happy http://giffgaff.com/goodybags#data
navigator

Thanks vincent!! Smiley Happy

newcomer

Being a new member.I thought I could use another Sim card in my 10inch net book Dongle.No when I tried to activate it I was told my old number in my phone would be cancelled,Hence I was stuck.I could probably joined in another name.I am off with my campervan for 4 days, though it it would be easy for emails.Any one have information I could use.I was with Orange but got my dongle unlocked

Willarch

newcomer

I would also prefer to see the software for the mobile dongle without the hard coded O2 link. When I connect, my dongle automatically launches the browser and take me to the O2 top up page. I have tried and tried to find any reference to it in the files but the only conclusion I can come up with is that it is hard coded into the software. I can turn the auto launch of the browser off but I still want to see how much data I have left so I still have to lauch the browser and enter the page name manually.

I want it to show the Giffgaff page that shows my current balance and not the O2 page that shows my current balance is zero. Therefore, I would prefer software that allows me to enter the page I want launched when the dongle connects.