Knowledge Base
Community

free voicemail with or without credit

free voicemail with or without credit

i think we should receive our voicemails free with or without credit as long as you have topped up in the last 3 months, there is nothing more frustrating than missing a call and you have used up all your mins, i think this could give giffgaff another edge again in the market.

105 Comments
pioneer
I agree
apprentice

i agree too. Otherwise there really no use for voicemail if we have to end up paying for it 

motivator

I think this is a good idea, but giffgaff would have to make sure it is not abused (by say a recent moody ex-customer calling their voice mail over and over while abroad)

head honcho

Good idea, and could be linked to this other idea by @tam_g93  to save possible abuse referred to by @anfieldheros 

Text-alerts-for-missed-calls

aspirant
I just turn the voice mail off if it's important they will phone back.
tipster

Taking your idea further, it would be great if voicemail was free no matter whether you have topped up in the last 3 months. 

exemplar

This has been suggested before and giffgaff have said no, but that was back in 2010 http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Voice-Mail-Costs-Nothing/idi-p/49857

Remember to search for ideas before you submit your as someone may have already had the same one and beaten you to it.

That said i do like this idea, when my phone is at work it reraly gets a signal and I end up with a load of voicemail messages.

At the same time I dont find that 8p to check my voicemails is  not really expensive but I do hate phoing it to find that the messages thats been left is just junk.  I suppose I could turn it off.

What I do sometimes do instead is use my work phone to access my voicemail, this makes it free (for me) and listen to them that way.  I appreciate that not everyone can do this and you cant do it when your out and about.

As an alternative to this it would be nice if the voicemail was accesable online if not made free.  http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Phone-setting-adjustable-from-account/i... this idea is still int he idea fault so they have not ruled it out completly, maybe you could give it you support as an alternative to it being free, you would be able to access it fo free with data on your phone.

helping the masses
It would be a good service to have and would encourage members to top up
grand master

We get 3 months free giffgaff to giffgaff calls , why do we get our minutes wasted with voicemail . Well Sid mate . Def a proposal that should happen 

helping the masses
Good idea and so supported