giffgaff Labs - visit the new Ideas platform

Looking for something?
New Message

My idea is to allow free giffgaff to giffgaff calls regardless of if you have topped up your phone with a credit card or if you have topped it up with pre existing credit or previous payback.

I currently purchase my goodybags from my existing credit which is from my payback. However i recently noticed that my free giffgaff to giffgaff has expired presumably because i havent topped up using my own money, even though i purchase a new goodybag with my credit every month . I beleive that this shouldnt happen and free giffgaff to giffgaff should be allowed regardless of what you top up your phone with..

This has put me off using the community and helpng others because my payback is almost irrelivant because the majority of my friends are on giffgaff and instead of receiving this potential unlimited contact with them in having to use up my goodybag allowences.

No 'expiry date' on gigabags

by theoriginalgiff on ‎06-11-2014 16:25
Hello,

I'm new to both giffgaff and the whole message board/forum thing, so forgive me if this has been covered already, but I'd like to suggest that - as with airtime credit for calls and texts - why not scrap the expiry time on the gigabags? Why not work it so that the gigabag lasts until the user has used up all of their data allowance, rather than simply expiring after a month?
This would be helpful to lighter data users, who might take 2/3 months to use-up their allowance.

If you like the sound of this, why not get on-board!

Thanks Smiley Happy

Unlimited Goodybag, Tethering Option

by i_am_sy ‎10-01-2015 15:41 - edited ‎11-01-2015 19:00

Currently when someone trys the tether on a unlimited goodybag they are blocked for 30 minutes, this is the right thing to do as they could abuse the data, however it creates a issue, anyone who buys a unlimited goodybag thinking that they can tether is now stuck, we can only advise them to get a limited goodybag next month that alows tethering.

So anyway the member has been presented with a 30 minute block, this causes them to kick off on the help board as they have not seen that it says you can not tether.

My Idea:

Add a option to the goodybag, to go limited for the rest of the month and allow tethering.

The unlimited goodybag is going back up to its £20 price point soon so i think a fair amount of data would be 8GB, all the members usage up to this point would be deducted from that amount, so if they have used 4GB of there unlimited so far they would have 4GB left that they can then tether.

The option to go limited can be shown on there dashboard with a counter of how much data they would have left if they chose it, and can also be on the 30 minute block page, if seleted it would instanly unblock internet access.

Please vote for this idea by clicking Kudos.

Cheers

-Sy

Another new idea

by georgew666 on ‎20-05-2015 22:16
Got another idea for you guys to consider. MINIMUM TOP UP. Why not lower the minimum top up for calling credit to £5 ? As some other networks do, dead handy if you're a bit brassick. I'm sure quite a few people will find this handy!!

There are times when you want callers to hear your voicemail greeting but you don't want them to have the ability to leave a message. For example, if you're outside the UK and contactable on another phone number, then you might want to use your voicemail greeting to tell callers your phone number abroad, but you don't want callers to be able to leave you a message. There should be a simple setting within the voicemail settings to enable or disable the ability for callers to leave a message.

When I was on Orange, they offered this; they called it an "extended absence greeting". Giffgaff should offer the same functionality.

Note that this is totally different from dialling 1616 and 1626 to enable or disable voicemail. If you disable voicemail, then callers won't hear your greeting.

Ok so this should be an easy one to implement and quite worthwhile too. Today I helped a new GG user register and activate the new SIM card. From memory, on the very first page it asks for the name, with a pretty stern warning to think carefully as this cannot be changed in the future!

Even though I'm a seasoned giffgaffer, it was not immediately obvious to either of us whether it was expecting the inputting of the users real name, or a made up username.

So as it could not be changed later, we decided to play safe and enter her real full name. Only then did it become fairly clear that it must be the latter required as it threw an error due to us entering forename and family name separated by a space. Spaces are not allowed in that entry, so it would not accept the input.

So we changed the entry to a single word username, which was accepted. As we progressed through the subsequent pages it then did ask for real name and address etc. So it all becomes clear, though somewhat after the event.

My idea is to simply add some more guidance text to that pretty bare first page of registration to take away the doubt. It should explain precisely what it is expecting ie a one piece made up user id/login name and password. It should also advise that this username will be subsequently publicly visible on any future community discussion posts etc. it could also advise that real full name etc. will be entered on subsequent pages of the process but that will not be published anywhere.

It just needs a bit more detailed help text on that early sim activation/registration page so that the GG user experience at this very early stage is improved. There should be no need to find out by trial and error just what input it requires.

Hope that's clear, it's tricky to explain here but I think anyone who has gone through that process recently will know what I'm alluding to.

Please kudos top left if you agree with this simple idea proposal.

Thank you.

1 free goody bag a year

by mawdge on ‎27-05-2015 00:04

if you top up your phone or buy a goodybag every month it would be good if giffgaff would give you a free goodybag after a year of top ups each month to say thank you for staying with them

Customize giffgaff website

by lorna2013 on ‎06-05-2015 13:18

I've seen a few posts this morning, with a mixture of people not liking the new website design, some loving it, and some saying they'll get used to it.

My suggestion is that the website is customisable, in that as part of the settings we can choose our own:

Font and colour, background images (or none), colours of buttons (such as the now blue kudos button), etc

I know the giffgaff website/community pages are powered by the Lithium software, but if there was a way to incorporate users being able to choose their own design I feel it would be good.

After all, giffgaff is the network run by us Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Thread limit

by auntied on ‎08-02-2015 11:35

Ok....so we all know we only get 50 kudos to use in any one 24 hour period, and once they're used you have to wait for them to kick back in again!

Well my idea is along the same lines, but with thread making! We see it time and time again, someone flooding the S:GD board with up to 10 threads in the space of 10 minutes, but never returning to answer questions that members may have asked.

And lately it's gotten worse! It's prolific amongst certain members, maybe they think the more threads they make the more payback they'll receive! But as we all know, it's quality NOT quantity that counts!

So how about a thread limit? Maybe only being able to make 3 threads in any one hour period and with at least a mandatory 10 minutes between each thread made?

And i think that is still being generous!

I know there's a similar idea on here somewhere, but that one would've still been open to abuse with regards the amount of thread making!

Hope this all makes sense! Smiley Happy

no self best answer

by mike1ceman ‎13-05-2015 16:49 - edited ‎13-05-2015 16:53

Ok so I don't understand why giffgaff allow us to mark our own answer as the best answer. We are not allowed to give ourselves kudos so why is best answer ok? Alot of people mark their own answer as best answer when they have just put something like "sorted now thanks" if they have explained how they have sorted it so other people can see how it was done fair enough but the majority don't and I suspect a lot do it in the hope of tricking the system by having best answers against their name. So I propose that giffgaff stop allowing us to mark our own answer as best. Anyone agree?

Password hint

by andyrh68 on ‎15-05-2015 09:31

I've just received about the 20th phone call from my Dad, unsure of what is password is for his gg account (he's only been with gg for about 3 months Smiley Wink ). Now, I'm more than happy to help him each and every time, but rather than request a password reset in these situations, couldn't a password hint be made available?

How about a completely new and different pricing strategy? Here's my proposal - it's a very rough idea, so bear with me: 

Pick 'n' Mix: 

Choose the amount of minutes you want. eg.: 

250 minutes 

500 minutes 

750 minutes 

1000 minutes 

Unlimited 

- or whatever might be appropriate amounts 

Then choose the amount of texts you want, eg.: 

200 texts 

400 texts 

600 texts 

800 texts 

1000 texts 

Unlimited 

- or whatever might me appropriate 

Then finally choose how much data you need, eg.: 

250MB 

500MB 

1GB 

3GB 

5GB 

Unllimited 

- or what ever. 

Each "portion" is priced individually. If you choose to have two "portions" (minutes+texts, minutes+data, texts+data) you get a small discount; if you choose to have all three (minutes+texts+data), you get a slightly bigger discount. 

Just a thought. 

Dennis

As mark of respect for all the people who gave there lives from countries all over the world be different race colour or creed or what everside they fought on  The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month the forum should fall silent as when we have lithium mantainence page we should have message saying giffgaff are marking this moment for people to remember and reflect on the futility of wars

Click here to go to the British legion website

The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month

marks the signing of the Armistice, on 11th November 1918, to signal the end of World War One. At 11 am on 11 November 1918 the guns of the Western Front fell silent after more than four years continuous warfare.

What is Remembrance Day? Remembrance Day is on 11 November. It is a special day set aside to remember all those men and women who were killed during the two World Wars and other conflicts. At one time the day was known as Armistice Day and was renamed Remembrance Day after the Second World War.

How about letting us buy giffgaff merchandise with our payback, you know like giffgaff hoodies and mugs and stuff.

Call information

by marinaallen on ‎06-02-2015 13:36

Why do you not make customer call and text history detail available on the internet?

By expecting customers to write to you (enclosing £10) is totally alien to the GiffGaff principle of internet-only.  This allows customers to verify that they've been correctly charged and is open and transparent.

Your policy really surprises me.

A penny of airtime credit per 10 unused minutes

by mdanyal ‎22-11-2014 15:38 - edited ‎22-11-2014 15:55

Right so i was looking at giffgaff's uk rates https://giffgaff.com/index/pricing and found that:

Calls to other UK mobiles, landlines (starting 01, 02, 03): 10p per minute

Many of us purchase goodybags and sometimes end up not even using half of our minutes which just end up going to waste. I was thinking why not give customers a penny back as airtime credit for every 10 minutes that they didn't use in that month? It would obviously not apply to the unlimted minute goodybags but it would make giffgaff a much more intresting and unique network. Whos with me? Anyone else like this idea?

International Roaming Goody Bags

by 0450 on ‎08-10-2014 13:34

At last twice a year I find myself in the United States. I've experimented with buying disposable SIMs and the like but realistically, if I'm making a call I'll use an OTT service through a WiFi connection. Outgoing calls on my mobile are minimal so really the service is needed for incoming calls.

With my last provider, typically my bill increased by £60 to £80 for months containing a visit to the US. These tend to be business trips and tend to last 5 to 6 days.

As things stand at the moment and given Giffgaff's international (non-EU) roaming rates, my Giffgaff SIM will be in a drawer somewhere for the duration of the trip.

That's reasonable income that Giffgaff is leaving on the table.

Giffgaff should offer international Goody Bags. These can be country specific. Also, they can have a shorter life than traditional Goody Bags.

While cost saving would be good, one of the principle aims here would be to "cap" spending while abroad -- so it'd be really neat if roaming was automatically disabled once the international Goody Bag had been consumed.

I'd happily buy a £50 US Goody Bag for my next trip in a couple of weeks time.

Just because I want to be in control of my spending on my mobile phone doesn't mean that I wont spend.

Giffgaff, broaden your offering.

Thanks for listening.

Simon

Pick and Mix Goodybags

by james2mid on ‎09-01-2015 22:47
I think it would be a really good idea for Giffgaff to do a sort of pick and mix Goodybags so you can pick how many minutes, texts, and Internet you need each month.

So for example, I'm on the £15 4G Goodybag which gives me 3GB of 4G data, which is really nice; the only problem with this is that i have 500 minutes and unlimited texts which I never use. In a month, I'll use at most 50 minutes and around 200 texts (I iMessage mostly) which means that quite a lot of that £15 is wasted. As you can probably guess, this Goodybags for me is only because of the large amount of fast internet it allows for.

Obviously it's okay for Giffgaff because they get more money, but it the sake of their customers, implementing something like this would be fantastic and perhaps being in a load of new customers.

Keep the 4g offer bag

by kathleen414 ‎20-12-2014 21:27 - edited ‎20-12-2014 22:00

From the 13th of January 2015, it will not be possible to purchase, queue or recur a 4G offer goodybag.

If you wish to keep using a 4G goodybag with the same allowance, you'll be able to purchase it at the normal, non-discounted, price.

If you are recurring a 4G offer goodybag come the 12th of January 2015, you will keep on recurring this 4G goodybag, but it will be charged at the normal, non-discounted price for any recurrence from the 13th of January 2015 onward.

I think it would a great idea to extend the offer bag to a permanent deal 

It's a fair price and more and more people are getting 4g phones 

It's also a way to keep people on a reasonably priced capped instead of the unlimited deals

As it's a good offer price with a good data  allowance 

If you agree please give support with a kudos

pause on goodybags

by kerensac on ‎03-04-2015 21:54

would it be possible to pause a goodybag if you go abroad on holiday for 2 weeks you cant use any of your goodybag while your away so would it be possible to pause the goodybag for a time limit of 2 weeks or whatever you pick till you come back even if you only have so many times your able to use it, seems a waste if you pay for a months goodybag and only get to use it for half the time

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors