giffgaff Labs - visit the new Ideas platform

Looking for something?
New Message

Keep the 4g offer bag

by kathleen414 ‎20-12-2014 21:27 - edited ‎20-12-2014 22:00

From the 13th of January 2015, it will not be possible to purchase, queue or recur a 4G offer goodybag.

If you wish to keep using a 4G goodybag with the same allowance, you'll be able to purchase it at the normal, non-discounted, price.

If you are recurring a 4G offer goodybag come the 12th of January 2015, you will keep on recurring this 4G goodybag, but it will be charged at the normal, non-discounted price for any recurrence from the 13th of January 2015 onward.

I think it would a great idea to extend the offer bag to a permanent deal 

It's a fair price and more and more people are getting 4g phones 

It's also a way to keep people on a reasonably priced capped instead of the unlimited deals

As it's a good offer price with a good data  allowance 

If you agree please give support with a kudos

International Roaming Goody Bags

by 0450 on ‎08-10-2014 13:34

At last twice a year I find myself in the United States. I've experimented with buying disposable SIMs and the like but realistically, if I'm making a call I'll use an OTT service through a WiFi connection. Outgoing calls on my mobile are minimal so really the service is needed for incoming calls.

With my last provider, typically my bill increased by £60 to £80 for months containing a visit to the US. These tend to be business trips and tend to last 5 to 6 days.

As things stand at the moment and given Giffgaff's international (non-EU) roaming rates, my Giffgaff SIM will be in a drawer somewhere for the duration of the trip.

That's reasonable income that Giffgaff is leaving on the table.

Giffgaff should offer international Goody Bags. These can be country specific. Also, they can have a shorter life than traditional Goody Bags.

While cost saving would be good, one of the principle aims here would be to "cap" spending while abroad -- so it'd be really neat if roaming was automatically disabled once the international Goody Bag had been consumed.

I'd happily buy a £50 US Goody Bag for my next trip in a couple of weeks time.

Just because I want to be in control of my spending on my mobile phone doesn't mean that I wont spend.

Giffgaff, broaden your offering.

Thanks for listening.

Simon

Like many others I enjoy sharing pics with the community and understand why there is a 333k limit for the pic size, trouble is that even on the lowest settings my phones camera comes up at around 500k so of no use until i convert them using a seperate program. A pain when I am out and about.

Have a word with Lithium to see if you can incorporate software like Facebook do that reduces file sizes automatically, saves us having to waste time doing it Smiley Happy

So after the recent problems with the website. It has I'm sure come to everyones attention that when the website isn't working we only have a thread to update us however the problem I had was also effecting my ability to get on the community to read the thread so I propose if a situation like this should arise again. That giffgaff also send the updates on issues out by text. This would keep us all in the loop on problems even if we are unable to access the community like I couldn't. There were also a lot of posts of people asking why they couldn't top up etc so if everyone was informed of issues by text this would also hopefully cut down on these texts. As well as people who just plain don't use the forums and were trying to top up if we all got a text of service issues as well as an updates they would be kept in the loop too.

So what do you think?

£5 goodybag

by saarahibrahim on ‎06-10-2014 21:28

Hey guys

I usually buy the £5 goodybag, but been having to buy the £7.50 goodybag because I've been using my phone a lot more and it's annoying because when I have the £5 goodybag, I really have to watch my mobile data. I think that for £5 20 MB is not sufficient and it should be slightly more, because think about it you get 250 MB for £7.50 AND unlimited texts AND 200 minutes, whereas with the £5 goodybag you get 60 minutes, 200 texts and 20MB, its not really balanced well is it? I think the £5 goodybag should offer somewhat 50-100 MB of data

What do you guys think?

Abolishing Roaming charges

by hayworth1 on ‎17-11-2014 11:49

How about getting rid of Roaming Charges all together? One competitor has already done this for their customers.

That way we don't have to buy a foreign sim for our phones in order to avoid paying more for our calls.

I believe that would be extremely popular, who knows, it may gain even more customers?

Since the £10 Goodybag was changed the £7.50 doesn’t seem the value it was and the £5 looks even worse so I bring this suggestion.

£5.00 Goodybag

•                                  80 UK minutes
  •                                  Unlimited UK texts
  •                                  40 MB Internet
  •                                  Free to giffgaff numbers

£7.50 Goodybag

•                                  250 UK minutes
  •                                  Unlimited UK texts
  •                                  500 MB Internet
  •                                  Free to giffgaff numbers

Now the £10 plus tariffs offer over double the £7.50 so I think this is perfectly reasonable as most will opt for an extra £2.50 for double minutes/data.

Currenty Goodybags

http://giffgaff.com/goodybags

Family Account

by milescs on ‎25-11-2014 22:52

Currently I pay for four goodybags, one for me and three (soon to be four if I have my way) for my immediate family - mostly my children. At the moment I have a clutch of passwords to remember, but wouldn't it be nice if i could group all my family's accounts - witth their consent, of course, under one login. Of course, the login would show only goodybag payment details for the family accounts, all else would be hidden from me - though for the 'main account holder' (the card-holder) all the normal details would be shown. This would mean that whenever I changed my card, which I do quite often, I would only have to change the payment details in one place for four accounts. It's a brilliant idea, and easy to implement, no?

Ability to cancel goodybags

by littlemisszoe on ‎19-02-2015 15:41

Hi,

I've noticed a few people posting about buying the wrong goodybag/gigabag recently and giffgaff won't refund them.

I think that giffgaff should offer a refund if the goodybag/gigabag has not been used, and is less than 24 hours old.

So, if someone accidently purchased the wrong one, they can email an agent straight away and receive a refund if they haven't used the goodybag. 

Five year bonus

by dangaff on ‎06-02-2015 16:22

So, when you've been with giffgaff for 5 years, mark this with a bonus as a special thank you. Airtime credit or free goodybag.  Reward customer loyalty, improve customer retention and satisfaction - it's good for business.

Long serving member discount

by jdonnelly15 on ‎20-01-2015 14:34

I think that people who are with giffgaff for extended periods, (e.g, 3+years) should start to see some discounts. For example, for each year you are with gg you will recieve 1% discount. I just think because you see people leaving in forums and it seems only the people that are helping are getting payback, when in fact some people are not technically gifted therefore have not got the capaabilities to help on the community, even though they value gg as much as the VIP's?

Extra March payback should be available to all members

by bluemoonbaz ‎02-03-2015 13:55 - edited ‎17-03-2015 10:11

Giffgaff have come with another great promotional idea to get more members and I commend giffgaff for this as we all want a bigger better giffgaff.

But I don't agree with only a selected group of members getting the chance to earn this bonus.

I have always been against schemes that only offer partial community inclusion including the sims exclusion club and I just think we should be including everyone 

a time when giffgaff have removed the excellent unlimited data offers and the continued problems with data speeeds and traffic management I would be giving this offer to all the members to generate as many members as possible .

Saying it's not affordable is a poor excuse when the members who received this offer can bring as members as they like so it's not limited to save £££.and the Sr deal So no reason not to offer it to all the members

We are a community and as such should not be giving some members this opportunity and not others

If you agree please indicate by kudos of this idea 

***********************👇

Here the promotion

March Double Payback offer - connect your friends

clairekav 

handy giff-staffer

Feb 27

Exclusive offer: Earn double payback for connecting your friends during March

If you’ve been included in this offer – you’ll get £10 Payback for every friend you bring on board to giffgaff during the month of March 2015.

We'll be contacting members Sunday/Monday - you'll be included in this offer if you have recevied an email/ text or message in yourMessages in My giffgaff (emails sending Sunday/Monday - newsfeed/message in My giffgaff on Monday).

giffgaff rewards members for helping grow giffgaff, by connecting their friends and family. In return for connecting a friend - giffgaff gives members £5 Payback and the friend gets £5 credit when they join.

During the month of March, as a special treat - you'll get the regular £5 Payback plus a bonus £5 Payback = £10 Payback for every friend you bring on in March.

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/March-Double-Payback-offer-connect-your-friends/td-p/...

If a member inserts a giffgaff SIM into an IMEI-blacklisted phone, giffgaff automatically rejects all GSM services to/from that phone, i.e. calls and texts. 3G and 4G data are unaffected. The phone generally reports an error such as "No service" or "Can't connect to network", which causes the member lots of confusion as he/she can still use data. The member then tends to come on to the help and support forum and posts a cryptic/ranty/confused message; it takes several posts and often a referral to the paid-for Checkmend service in order to get to the bottom of the issue. Even then the member often refuses to believe or accept that the phone he purchased has been reported stolen.

The proposal therefore is that if giffgaff detects an IMEI-blacklisted device being used on the network, it should send an email and display a prominent notification on the member's dashboard to say so, with links to a Knowledge Base article where they can get more information. Saves members trying to guess what is wrong, saves them the £1.99 on a Checkmend report (I know it's not much but every little helps), and also provides them with good evidence to take back to whoever sold them the duff phone.

GIFT BAG

by samuelsparrow on ‎05-09-2014 16:51
It would be great to 'Gift' a goodybag to friends and family.

We could call it a 'GIFT BAG'

What do you think?

voicemail costs

by kerensac on ‎12-05-2015 00:05

i think when you get the 3 months free giffgaff mins you should also get 3 months free voicemail, it is still giffgaff your phoning so it should be covered by the giffgaff free calls i had to go 2 weeks without money in my phone and had voicemail but couldnt listen to them till i topped up 1 was from my land lord as i finaly found out after 2 weeks when i topped up to listen to it but people that leave messages think you will get the message which is why they leave a message, they pay to leave a message then we pay to hear it, something should change with that but even if its free voicemail for the 3 months with our giffgaff mins would be so much better

Sim Packaging / advertising

by talisker35 ‎26-02-2015 13:39 - edited ‎31-03-2015 10:15

Hi all,

Its fairly basic, so im sure you will get the idea without me explaining it.

The idea:

New packaging for sim cards as well as providing a means to advertise giffgaff sims & tariffs. This will provide some basic information for any new members as well as provide a means for members to advertise / recruit members to giffgaff (simply add a few tabs to the packaging to make it into a desktop display stand)

Hope you like it.

(example desktop display stand)

Edits

27/02/15 to include further updates (all prices subject to change message & giffgaff run on the o2 network)

28/02/15 to include E4 sponsorship logo & text as suggested.

03/03/15 to replace £18 offer goodybag with £20 goodybag (offer ends 1/4/15)

31/03/15 to include info on giffgaff-giffgaff free calls / texts.

Data free goodybag

by claw on ‎07-03-2015 00:10

Right this isnt to ruffle anyones feathers. However it's fair to say that people are having a less than great experience when it comes to their data experience.

Currently we're paying for allowances that include data. And sure, many of us (including myself) pay for this accepting that its how it works, packages. Its an industry standard.

I propose the offer of data free goodybags. An example would be as follows:

£10 Goodybag

500 mins, Unltd texts, 1GB Data

OR

750/1000 mins, Unltd texts and NO DATA.

What would this achieve?

1. Non data users would finally have the option to avoid the data charge. Many are heavier minutes users so they'd benefit from this change (and it would probably be cheaper to provide.)

2. Data users currently affected by poor service could opt for this as they are not getting a service they want anyway, or even a usable service in many cases.

3. giffgaffs data service would get some relief, less data use means less congestion. Better service for data users.

This could certainly be a temporary solution to the current problem while long term solutions are found.

Please don't simply say "it's been suggested before" theres never been a better reason to do this, it has the potential to benefit most if not all members, and giffgaff itself.

Where's option 4 - No Change.

by charlie_shaw on ‎13-08-2014 03:54

Effectivley we are being asked to vote on 3 options neither of us want,

We re-occur the £12 Goody bag every month. Its irrevant that we don't use less than 3GB of data.

We signed up to GiffGaff, in order to be able to use unlimited data, if we required it, and in the knowelge it would be available if we needed it.

Now to get the same you are proposing £20, which is £8 per month extra, or £16 a month extra with my wifes goodybag.

I don't think so. If these changes go ahead, with an undemocratic vote, ie no option 4 ( No change), then my wife and I will be forced, YES forced to leave, and probably move to all you can eat on 3.

We signed up, believing in how GiffGaff's business model runs. Now it appears you are becomming as bad as the big boys, and going to ride rough shod over your members.

I suggest including option 4 NO CHANGE, and see how many members vote for that option.

I suspect you, will not take notice, and if that's the case my wife and I will be off to the other operator.

CS

be more clear!

by bmw4175 on ‎24-03-2015 16:44

Just a quick one Smiley Happy

So when you click onto a banner to order a sim card it says a few things about giffgaff but I've just noticed that it says this :

''Free calls & texts to giffgaff numbers

Keep in touch with your friends for free with unlimited calls & texts to giffgaff numbers.''

But no where on this page does it explain that you have to top up or buy a goodybag every 3 months to get these free allowances which could be very misleading to people that don't already know this!

So I propose that giffgaff include this information on this page even if they just add an asterisk (*) with small print at the bottom of the page explaining about the 3 month top up rule.

This should be there in the interest of fairness and it's very easy and free to implement! 

So if you agree that giffgaff should point this out then click the kudos button to show your support. 

Thanks Smiley Happy

images when contact an agent

by mike1ceman on ‎24-10-2014 12:21
So sometimes when you need to contact an agent it's difficult to explain exactly what's happening putting it into words etc. So I propose if we could attach a picture when contacting them this would make it easier for them to understand the problem a picture says a thousand words as they say
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors