Knowledge Base
Community

"You cannot have two active SIMs"

"You cannot have two active SIMs"

Considering that many people now have multiple devices and therefore need multiple SIM cards, I feel that the SIM activation pages are very unhelpful and need to be more user friendly and intuitive, thereby improving the member experience.

As it stands right now, a member with an existing SIM entering an activation code whilst logged/logging into their account is greeted by the SIM Replacement (SIM swap) page, with the very unhelpful statement:

"You cannot have two active SIMs. Activating a new SIM will deactivate your current SIM." 

The member then has the option of continuing with a SIM swap, or backing out of the process. This results in members doing SIM swaps when they really wanted to change their number or register a second SIM, or backing out and not knowing where to go from here. This does nothing for the overall member experience, and causes members to become confused or frustrated by the whole process, and possibly them spending ages searching the knowledgebase or asking in the community.

The idea

I feel that this process could be much improved with a little modification to the current process flow, so that when an existing member enters the activation code from a new SIM they are presented with a series of option buttons or links, each taking or guiding them towards the correct path

For example

I want to: Action
Move my number to a new SIM  Starts SIM swap procedure
Activate a replacement SIM  Explanation before starting SIM activation
Activate an extra SIM for another phone/device  Instructions to activate SIM on a new account
Change my number whilst keeping the same account  Instructions to change number via agents
Have an additional SIM on the same number  Explain this is not possible and give alternatives

Benefits:

• Better overall member experience
  • Reduction in erroneous SIM activations, therefore reduction in cancellation requests
  • Reduction in Help & Support and agent questions relating to SIM activations

If you would like to see this idea implemented, please support it by clicking the kudos.png  button at the top-left of the idea

83 Comments
mastermind

As I mentioned in your thread on the Contribute Forum, this is an excellent idea that is badly needed to make things clearer. You have my full support.

I said in your post in contribute that I'd support this so...

Supported!

oracle
Yes, a great idea. I hope it gets the support it deserves.
kingpin

Liked

ace of spades

@janetihill 

Please like it by clicking the orange Kudos button at the top left. Thanks

phenomenon

Well thought out, good idea, Supported!

I ate the FAQ

A really good and well presented idea and one well worth supporting.

Nice to see a genuinely new and sensible on the ideas board idea  Smiley Happy

kingpin

fingers crossed

Hi that sounds good, supported
rookie
Gets a 10 from glen.