Activation issues 30/07/10 [Solved]

Started by: vincent
On: 30/07/2010 | 14:18
Replies: 40

by: vincent
former giff-staffer

on: 30/07/2010 | 14:18 edited: 30/07/2010 | 18:45

Hi all,

This is a message to let you know we are working on a fix for an issue with activations.

A small number of people will see their activation go through, the website updates their number, the correct amount of goodybag, etc. but are then unable to make any calls of send texts.

This is only affecting people a small number of people.

If this issue is affecting you, please let us know by raising a ticket with one of our agents. (Make sure you are logged in by first surfing to 'My giffgaff', before clicking on this link).

I will update this thread as soon as the fix has been implemented.

Many thanks,

Vincent

Update:

@robbie28 wrote:

Hi all,

The problem with not being able to make calls or send texts has now been escalated to the highest priority in the O2 technical team, as this is a network fault.

This means that the fault will now receive 24 hour attention - and work on it will not stop over the weekend.

This thread will be updated by the giffgaff team tonight as the team progresses its work. If you see any new threads appearing on the forum connected to this issue please re-direct the posters to this thread.

Thanks

Further update:

@vincent wrote:

Hi all,

The latest update is that a fix for the activation issue has been applied and full service has been restored.

We have tested this and it all seems to work. However our tech teams will continue to monitor for now, just to make sure.

Our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused and we understand this has not been the best welcome to giffgaff we could have provided.

We are very sorry for this but hope you will enjoy giffgaff from here on in.

Kind regards,

Vincent

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VincentBoon
Message 1 of 41
by: s99ane
on: 30/07/2010 | 14:22

This issue is not just from today. Ive had this problem since 4pm yesterday. I have raised a ticket at 6pm yesterday but had no reply.

Message 2 of 41
by: ukheather
on: 30/07/2010 | 14:26

I raised a ticket this morning.

I hope this is fixed soon

Please click accept as solution if this answers your question
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 41
by: daveuk81
on: 30/07/2010 | 14:40

Ticket Raised

I've just had a thought, it says in the T+C's u must top-up £10 to activate but its the summer sale, I bought a £10 pack for £5, I wonder if this has anything to do with it, therefore you need to make an additional £10 (coz u can not top-up £5) to enable the phone properly, hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Message 4 of 41
by: allan1954
on: 30/07/2010 | 14:43

@s99ane wrote:

This issue is not just from today. Ive had this problem since 4pm yesterday. I have raised a ticket at 6pm yesterday but had no reply.

a friend of mine said he had a similar problem to you yesterday activated on the morning waited all day just as about to complain then everything working ok.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 41
by: hellokitty1889
on: 30/07/2010 | 14:44

Hi sorry  but i bet to differ as i activated my 3 days ago been the 27th july 2010 and i found out to day that i can't make any call yet.

hope they get it sorted.

Message 6 of 41
by: vincent
former giff-staffer

on: 30/07/2010 | 15:24

Hi hellokitty,

I have adjusted the post after reading your comment and obviously we are investigating this as a matter of urgency.

Our apologies,

Vincent

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VincentBoon
Message 7 of 41
by: anthonydclark
on: 30/07/2010 | 15:31
all new customers i personally can say i have not seen issues on this scale today. just can you all bear with the chaps at gg they have a technical issue which all companies have at the best of times. i know it is frustrating but they will sort the problem out. i have been with the service for over five months and it is good when you are on it.
Message 8 of 41
by: exp
on: 30/07/2010 | 16:56
Hi. I cant make or receive calls
or texts. So no web settings or
mms and cant text for them
either! Not a good introduction
to giffgaff. Spent hours on this
and loads of data trying to
find a resolution. Nothing yet.
How do I get a refund and
claim for costs?
If happy with my reply please press the KUDOS * button and/or click Best answer/Solution. ;-)

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 41
by: brradley
on: 30/07/2010 | 16:58
Just face it, this is better than getting charged for being on the phone to an assistant, where you get put on hold every 5 minutes. Anyway, hope all your activations get sorted alright! Smiley Happy
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 41