Knowledge Base
Community

Balance N/A Issue [02/02/2012] Resolved.

Started by: the_joseph
On: 02/02/2012 | 13:07
Replies: 131

by: mintypython
on: 03/02/2012 | 11:24

Me three! Normally I'd be on the £10 goodybag now, but I can't buy one. Smiley Sad Fingers crossed it will be sorted soon.

Message 31 of 132
by: shanksey
on: 03/02/2012 | 11:46
"What's going on?
Customers in the situation above (not all) will see their account as "Balance N/A", "Goodybags updating" or similar Goodybag messaging in their account this morning.

This will affect the following transactions:

-Queuing future Goodybags.

-Topping up.

However: your goodybag will have been applied and should be working correctly"

Well I don't think that is the case as my credit balance is going down with every call I make  - my GB should have kicked in on  2nd (purchased 29th - so well in time) I can understand there are problems but its the lack of information that annoys me - oh i'm sure there are people saying to be patient it's only been a day overdue - its not that when you pay for a service you expect it to work - I've been telling friends and aquaintances to use gg but now I hope they haven't. I have had to top up my balance by £10 just to make sure I can use my phone when I get stuck in the snow which is starting to fall. Please just keep us informed - if its going to take a week to fix tell us so we can plan ahead - don't tell us it will be fixed tomorrow if its not going to happen. People don't just use their phone for ringing or texting their pals - for lots of folks it's a lifeline or important for their jobs - get it sorted and keep us informed please!!! 

Message 32 of 132
by: mintypython
on: 03/02/2012 | 11:52

I think my issue has been fixed now, although I'm still down on some credit which wouldn't have been spent otherwise (it's only 2p, but it's the principle that matters!). I hope the issue resolves itself for others soon.

Message 33 of 132
by: nathansalter
on: 03/02/2012 | 11:57

I have been able to top up today but I cannot purchase my goodybag.  I hope this gets fixed soon

Message 34 of 132
by: nathansalter
on: 03/02/2012 | 12:03
Just tried again and I have now been able to purchase my goodybag. Hope its fixed for everybody now
Message 35 of 132
by: bigbee19
on: 03/02/2012 | 12:25
My goodybag started a few days ago but i have NO goodybag or balance showing. This has stopped my phone and data connection from about 0730 this morning.
Message 36 of 132
by: liamwli
on: 03/02/2012 | 12:29
Thanks for this update
Message 37 of 132
by: anthony_c
former giff-staffer

on: 03/02/2012 | 12:33 edited: 03/02/2012 | 12:51

Update: 12:13 - 03/02/2012

Hi all, 

Those of you that had goodybags due to expire on 1st and still seeing messages such as "Balance N/A", "Goodybags updating" or similar Goodybag messaging in their account should raise a case with an agent or respond to an existing one. 

Some of you had issues with goodybags that were due to expire on the 2nd. There has been a delay in the displaying of this on several account but the update is happening and will update. If you had a goodybag qeued, you should still have the value on your phone and you will be able to use it for calls, texts, data etc. Your account will be correct later today - around 17.00

Please note: if you had a goodybag qeued  to start and your airtime balance is going down, you should please contact an agent regarding this.

Thank you for your patience

Anthony C

giffgaff Educator - Proudest moment: I Once scored 3 hatricks in a primary school football match. Needless to say, I was a student there at the time.

Watch-Sig.pngSC-sig.pngEarthHourRach1
Message 38 of 132
by: amyfuller
on: 03/02/2012 | 12:34

Just found I have the same problem here.

GB due to take over yesterday, which was also purchaed on the 29th but today I my balance is going down Smiley Sad I fell a little better it is not just me but I am a heavy data user and the blance is ticking down with each passing SMS.

Message 39 of 132
Highlighted
by: anthony_c
former giff-staffer

on: 03/02/2012 | 12:47

Hi bigbee19 and shanksey,

If you had a goodybag qeued to start on the 1st or 2nd then you should still be able to use it in it's entirety and should not be charged extra. If this is happening for you, then it may be an unrelated issue and you should contact an agent regarding this if you have not already done so.

Mnay thanks,

Anthony C

giffgaff Educator - Proudest moment: I Once scored 3 hatricks in a primary school football match. Needless to say, I was a student there at the time.

Watch-Sig.pngSC-sig.pngEarthHourRach1
Message 40 of 132