Knowledge Base
Community

Balance N/A Issue [02/02/2012] Resolved.

Started by: the_joseph
On: 02/02/2012 | 13:07
Replies: 131

by: the_joseph
former giff-staffer

on: 02/02/2012 | 13:07 edited: 07/02/2012 | 09:17

Good afternoon,

We're aware again of a wide scale issue where customers may be seeing "Balance N/A" or other Goodybag in their "My Giffgaff" page if they were due to have a queued goodybag start today.

What's going on?
Customers in the situation above (not all) will see their account as "Balance N/A", "Goodybags updating" or similar Goodybag messaging in their account this morning.

This will affect the following transactions:

-Queuing future Goodybags.

-Topping up.

However: your goodybag will have been applied and should be working correctly

Who does this affect?
At the moment, we are attempting to narrow down the scope, but believe this is for members who were due to have a queued goodybag start today.

What are you doing about it?
Our technical team is currently investigating this as a matter of priority. We'll come back on this thread with updates as soon as we have them.

I believe I'm affected - what should I do?
Please don't raise an Agent case if you believe you are affected - any fix we put through will be a bulk fix, and therefore won't need individual Agent cases at this time.
Thanks for your patience here and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
Joe

Update: 12:13 - 03/02/2012

Hi all, 

Those of you that had goodybags due to expire on 1st and still seeing messages such as "Balance N/A", "Goodybags updating" or similar Goodybag messaging in their account should raise a case with an agent or respond to an existing one. 

Some of you had issues with goodybags that were due to expire on the 2nd. There has been a delay in the displaying of this on several account but the update is happening and will update. If you had a goodybag qeued, you should still have the value on your phone and you will be able to use it for calls, texts, data etc. Your account will be correct later today  at around 17.00pm

Please note: If you had a goodybag qeued  to start and your airtime balance is going down, you should please contact an agent regarding this.

Thank you for your patience

Anthony C

Hi everyone,

If you are still experiencing this issue, can you please contact an agent and let them know:

• What issue you are having
  • Wether you had a queued goodybag and when it was due to start
  • Are you able to make calls/textx or use data
  • Are your calls, texts, data charging your airtime credit rather than the goodybag that you had qeued 

Many thanks

Update - 06-02-2012 13:25

Hi guys, 

If any customer has problems with a goodybag that expired on any day up to 03/02/12 their goodybag issue should now be fixed. If they are still having issues then they should raise an agent case.

If any customer has problems with a goodybag that expired on 04/02/12 their goodybag issue should be fixed during this afternoon. If they still have any issues in the morning they should raise an agent case.
Will

Update -  on 07-02-2012 09:16

This issue has now been resolved. If you do experience similar issues to this service update, please raise a case. :smileyhappy: 

Thank you for your patience, 

Kind regards,

Hazel. 

the_joseph giffgaff educator
Message 1 of 132
by: carolinel
on: 02/02/2012 | 13:15
Thanks for the update
Message 3 of 132
by: landanandy
on: 02/02/2012 | 13:17
Just to clarify, I'm affected and I don't have a queued goodybag starting today; I've had a goodybag running for a couple of days but have "no active goodybags" and balance n/a when I log in.
Message 4 of 132
by: jimmy1701
on: 02/02/2012 | 13:33

I'm also affected and don't have a goodybag queued, or any goodybag at all, I just have about £10 credit. I have just recently joined though, and transfered my number (which seems to be working but not showing up correctly in the dash).

Message 5 of 132
by: pokapunk
on: 02/02/2012 | 13:36
I'm the same, my number transferred over yesterday and I'm waiting to add a goody bag to my account. So seems to be an issue for newcomers.
Message 6 of 132
by: landanandy
on: 02/02/2012 | 13:51

I should also say that I recently joined too and had my number ported over yesterday.

Message 7 of 132
by: leonc888
on: 02/02/2012 | 14:12
Thanks, due to queue a goodybag but guess i just have to wait.
Need a sim FAST i will send first class post any sim type just send me a Private Message.
Also will deliver by hand in local areas (Tameside, Stockport, Wilmslow and surrounding areas as I travel these daily)
Message 8 of 132
by: knack
on: 02/02/2012 | 14:59

My goodybag is now active but my £0.19 balance is missing. Is this a related issue?

Message 9 of 132
by: scook94
on: 02/02/2012 | 15:27

I don't have one queued but am unable to buy one at the moment my giffgaff page is saying "We are updating your goodybags" and if I try and buy one it says I can only top-up my balance. Very frustrating!

Message 10 of 132