Started by: dez_d
On: 18/04/2019 | 17:55
Replies: 78

Go to best answer
by: dez_d
community giff-staffer

on: 09/05/2019 | 15:15

@wyldes 

I'm just wondering if some of your issues could be down to the way your phone is set up as what has been advised should work.

Can you follow the advice on this guide to see if any restrictions have been set up.

https://www.imore.com/how-to-use-parental-controls-iphone-ipad

giffgaff Educator

Message 51 of 79
by: wyldes
on: 09/05/2019 | 16:11

Thanks dez_d.

Others might like to look into your suggestion. I've just had a quick check and I can't see anything in parental controls that would affect logging in as far as I know. I certainly haven't made any changes there since I've had the phone. I have the impression it's a recent problem (the last 3 weeks or so) that's started for many (some?) giffgaff members

Anyway, I'll simply carry on using Firefox (not Safari) to log in to my giffgaff account. Very easy - works fine for me and may work fine for others which is why I posted my findings.

Message 52 of 79
by: pocoallegretto
on: 09/05/2019 | 17:22
I have been trying to access my account via the app for the past month and I have never been able to do so. This problem is not intermittent, from my perspective it has been permanent for the past month or so. Are you able to provide more information on your anticipated timescale to resolve it?
Message 53 of 79
by: jaymailsays
on: 09/05/2019 | 23:16

@dez_dwrote:

Service

Status

giffgaff mobile app

ylw_pix.jpgIntermittent

Community access

grn_pix.jpgAvailable

Calls, Texts & Data

grn_pix.jpgAvailable

Most Recent Update

17:44 - 18th of April 2019

Hey giffgaffers,

Recently, we have noticed occasional increases in login attempts through our mobile app. When this happens, this puts significant strain on our login servers, which is causing our platform to be slower than normal. As a result, we are taking steps to protect everyone’s experience. This will mean that our mobile app login might occasionally be unavailable.

If you try to use the app during one of these times, you won’t be able to log in. If that happens, you’ll still be able to log in through giffgaff.com on your web browser and manage your account as normal.

Our technical team is working hard on getting this sorted and we’ll keep you in the loop as soon as we have more information.

Thanks,

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date. 

Click to reveal

Most Recent Update

17:44 - 18th of April 2019

Hey giffgaffers,

Recently, we have noticed occasional increases in login attempts through our mobile app. When this happens, this puts significant strain on our login servers, which is causing our platform to be slower than normal. As a result, we are taking steps to protect everyone’s experience. This will mean that our mobile app login might occasionally be unavailable.

If you try to use the app during one of these times, you won’t be able to log in. If that happens, you’ll still be able to log in through giffgaff.com on your web browser and manage your account as normal.

Our technical team is working hard on getting this sorted and we’ll keep you in the loop as soon as we have more information.

Thanks,

@janethowson @shelleytop10 @hfcltd @robert2k11 

The App is intermittent. Unless a fix is put in place, use giffgaff.com 

You can access your account from your dashboard:-

https://giffgaff.com/dashboard

And change payment details here:- 

https://giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 54 of 79
by: karengosling
on: 10/05/2019 | 10:48

That all well and good but a month on and still not rectified. 

Message 55 of 79
by: uvbmike
on: 12/05/2019 | 02:57

@dez_d 

What is it going to take for you guys at giffgaff to become embarrassed at the total ineptitude being shown in this matter.  

It's now a month since I was last able to use the app and yet you have done nothing to resolve it.  

It really is a very poor show.  

If someone has answered your question to your satisfaction, please use the 'Set as Best Answer' button to set that answer as the best answer. Thank you Smiley Happy
Message 56 of 79
by: justine505
on: 12/05/2019 | 14:14

I still cannot log in on iPhone still getting 403 request forbidden failed over a month now this is happening how can I rectify it 

Message 57 of 79
by: uvbmike
on: 12/05/2019 | 23:45

@justine505wrote:

I still cannot log in on iPhone still getting 403 request forbidden failed over a month now this is happening how can I rectify it 

@justine505 

You can't rectify it.  Only giffgaff can sort it out but it seems that it's not a priority for them.  

If someone has answered your question to your satisfaction, please use the 'Set as Best Answer' button to set that answer as the best answer. Thank you Smiley Happy
Message 58 of 79
Highlighted
by: t_will
community giff-staffer

on: 13/05/2019 | 17:07

Hi everyone, I'll be providing an update to this shortly, but I think we've been talking a little at cross purposes here. This thread was to give a heads up that we might have to turn the app login off if we saw this heavy load, but we have not needed to take that step since we put the thread up - we just wanted to let you know that we might. Had we done this, it would have affected all members at the time that we made the change, and we would have let you know that's what we were doing.

It's clear, though, that a lot of you are reporting problems with the app even so, so I want to get to the bottom of that. There are a couple of different things that people have talked about here, so to clear a few of them off:

• The My giffgaff Windows app is no longer supported. It doesn't have our current goodybags and future updates we have may well not be reflected properly in it. The only apps we support at the moment are the My giffgaff iOS and Android apps that are developed by giffgaff, and if you can't use either of those, we'd recommend using giffgaff.com through a web browser.
  • If you're seeing an error while trying to do something on the app, this could point to an issue with the app, or it could relate to your situation at the time. Make sure that you're following any instructions given with the error - for example, it might be that you don't have signal or other connection problems at the time. It's also important that you make sure you have the most up to date version of the app and operating system on your phone.

I'm going to be collecting the info from the rest of you on this thread who have reported having issues, and raise it with our team as a separate concern, and report back when I can.

giffgaff community staffer - let me know if you want to chat about anything.
You can send me a message and we'll get rolling. Need a topic? Try here.
Message 59 of 79
by: jaymailsays
on: 13/05/2019 | 18:20

@t_will The Android App sign up has not been updated with the new £6 & £8 goodybags in Google play store. Still showing £5 & £7.50 out of date versions.

https://giffgaff.com/mobile-app

The iOS App has been updated.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 60 of 79