Knowledge Base
Community

Goodybag Renewal Issue from 30th-31st Jan [31/01/12] Resolved.

Started by: craig_t
On: 31/01/2012 | 10:18
Replies: 36

by: craig_t
former giff-staffer

on: 31/01/2012 | 10:18 edited: 07/02/2012 | 09:22
Good morning,
We've identified an issue last night with Goodybag expiry and renewal for those both who had their Goodybag expiring yesterday, and who already had a queued Goodybag due to start today on their account.
What's going on?

Some customers in the situation above (not all) will see their account as "Balance N/A", "Goodybags updating" or similar Goodybag messaging in their account this morning. If you have this messaging and are in the precise situation / usecase below, your new Goodybag may not be active yet.
Who does this affect?

Here's the precise situation of those affected below. If you have any other Goodybag issues or queries that aren't covered by this time period, they are unlikely to be related to this case.
-People who had both a Goodybag due to expire yesterday (30/01/12)
-and who have a queued Goodybag due to start today (31/01/12)
What are you doing about it?

Our technical team are currently processing these manually this morning and re-running the files that are used in this process in our systems. We believe right now that accounts affected will be fixed in sequence by late this afternoon. We will monitor this and come back to you with updates as and when we have them.
I believe I'm affected - what should I do?

Please don't raise an Agent case if you believe you are in this precise group of people - as our fix is a bulk fix, and won't require an Agent case to solve.
As the files run in a sequence, some people affected may see their Goodybag messaging restored earlier, some may see it come up later. If you see people saying their account is restored, but yours hasn't been yet, then it's because the file is still running.
Thanks for your patience here and apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Kind regards,
--craig
---
**Update - 17:18**

Good evening, 
The team have finished their second run of a fix, and the vast majority of these cases should now be resolved.

If by the end of this evening you have a message in your My Giffgaff still (Balance N/A, Goodybags Updating, Unable to buy Goodybag at this time), then please log a case with an Agent - as this may well have a different root cause or set of circumstances to the issue discussed in this thread.
Kind regards,
--craig

Update 18:39

Contrary to the previous update, we have since discovered that a large number of members affected will still have a Balance N/A issue this evening.

It is just the balance under my giffgaff that is incorrect, and the goodybag will be working correctly.

This should be resolved tomorrow.

Please do not raise a case with the agents regarding this.

Thankyou for your patience.

Joe

Update: 12.14pm - 01/02/2012

Hi all,

We're now also aware that this issue has repeated over last night. As a result, customers with Goodybags that expired yesterday, who had a queued bag due to start today, may see a "balance updating", "Goodybags updating", "Balance N/A" or "you're unable to buy a Goodybag" message.

For those of you in this position, you do not need to raise a case. Your Goodybag should be active on the network (you should not be charged for allowances), it is simply not displaying on the website.

A fix is being run currently for both any remaining people from 30th-31st, and 31st-1st currently, over this afternoon. We'll be back with updates as soon as we have more news.

Kind regards,

Anthony C

Update: on 07-02-2012 09:22

We now believe this specific issue to be resolved, if you are experiencing individual goodybag problems - please do raise a case, 

Thank you for your patience, 

Kind regards,

Hazel. 

-Into The West-

Play League of Legends free
Message 1 of 37
by: kungfusi
on: 31/01/2012 | 10:22
Im glad you have posted this because there have been numerous question about this today.
Message 2 of 37
by: as7861
on: 31/01/2012 | 10:22

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

- Amer Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 37
by: garethp
on: 31/01/2012 | 10:27
what about reimbursements for credit used as a result of the goodybag not becoming active?
Get a free giffgaff Sim

Has this post answered your question? If so, please mark as solution.
Message 4 of 37
by: pinkcalculator
on: 31/01/2012 | 10:31
I'm sure once the issue is fixed as usual compensation will be sorted by the agents, but issue is first fixed then repayment is sorted
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 37
on: 31/01/2012 | 10:34 edited: 31/01/2012 | 10:37

I guess you are correct, but it would be a good idea if Craig mentioned this in the report, as he specifically says for people affected not to raise a case.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 6 of 37
by: pinkcalculator
on: 31/01/2012 | 10:41
Ah not raising a case is to do with the issue but once the issue is fixed there will be further info it's just not to flood the agents now
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 37
by: liamfellover
on: 31/01/2012 | 10:42
hi there my problum started on the 28th!!!!!! so i think your thread needs updating as someone just posted a link in my threat. regards. liam
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

If You Like What You See Please Kudos
Message 8 of 37
on: 31/01/2012 | 10:55 edited: 31/01/2012 | 10:56

@pinkcalculator wrote:
Ah not raising a case is to do with the issue but once the issue is fixed there will be further info it's just not to flood the agents now

Exactly my point - why not make the "further info" available now - If it is immediately obvious to me that credit balance is being used because of a goodybag issue then I hope it would be obvious to craig.

Unfortunately you cannot take it for granted that everyone will relate the two issues with each other.

He should make everyone aware that this is likely to happen and that they will reimburse any credit used once the main issue is fixed. That in itself is likely to reduce any agent 'flooding' considerably.

If the people needing reimbursement cannot be detected and done automatically, then he does need to tell everyone affected to raise a case. Simples.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 9 of 37
by: oldyorkie
on: 31/01/2012 | 10:59

Appreciate the update Craig .. Thanks Smiley Happy

To Read is To Learn - go on - give it a try Smiley Wink
Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at Smiley TongueGet a free giffgaff Simsignature 1.jpg
Message 10 of 37