Knowledge Base
Community

POSSIBLE SITE FAULT: Password Recovery...

Started by: ncampbell
On: 16/07/2010 | 12:45
Replies: 7

by: ncampbell
on: 16/07/2010 | 12:45

Hi guys,

It has been brought to our attention that a number of you cannot retrieve passwords via our "Forgot password" process.

This is being looked into and we will update you as soon as a fix has been made. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Nigel Campbell
giffgaff Advisor

Yes..I'm here to Help!!...

If you've asked a question, mark the best answer as 'Accepted solution'. This lets everyone know you're sorted - It also gives kudos to the giffgaffer who helped you. Nice!
Message 1 of 8
by: sdiver
on: 19/07/2010 | 08:45

Hi folks

Just a quick update on the password recovery procedure, we are currently still investigating this matter further. 

We will keep you updated with any developments. 

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Kind Regards

If you've asked a question, mark the best answer as 'Accepted solution'. This lets everyone know you're sorted - It also gives kudos to the giffgaffer who helped you. Nice!
Message 2 of 8
by: guinea
on: 20/07/2010 | 03:56

Looks like this is now fixed as ive managed to get in but im slightly annoyed this was down all weekend.

Thanks

Message 3 of 8
by: sdiver
on: 20/07/2010 | 08:11

Hi guinea

I greatly appreciate you letting us and all forum members know that this issue is resolved. 

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that this fault has caused. 

Kind Regards

Message 4 of 8
by: shanebarratt
on: 09/08/2010 | 19:44

Hi my friend has the same problem he cannot get a email from the password recovery...Has this issue now been sorted or is it an ongoing problem.. P.s i think its also a problem that he cannot ask and agent about the problem himself as to do so it seems like you need to be logged in to ask the question to an agent... I have logged the question with an agent and await a reply..

Message 5 of 8
by: allan1954
on: 10/08/2010 | 07:15

over the weekend i had a similar problem when i loged in to my acount it worked ok.but when i clicked comunity gg loged me back out so when i went to ask the comunity the pages only showed  replies not the new ones it seems ok now.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 8
by: magle
on: 11/08/2010 | 21:20

I had this problem on friday; several password reset emails were sent but didn't work. Tried again today and the reset worked fine, but had to spend a few minutes waiting for the email.

Message 7 of 8
by: paperweight
on: 11/08/2010 | 23:37
I recommend using a "password safe" type program to store all your passwords. I use one called KeePass http://keepass.info but there are others. As well as passwords, they allow you to store other data (e.g. URLs) and usually include a password generator - so no excuse for using the same password everywhere Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 8