Knowledge Base
Community

Porting in Problems - September 1st

Started by: robbie28
On: 01/09/2010 | 11:02
Replies: 29

by: robbie28
on: 02/09/2010 | 21:32

@lagnusia this is an effect that is seen on some newly activated or newly ported accounts. It is caused by the system not being fully updated, and will be a temporary effect. Please just wait - and it will resolve itself when the system fully updates.

Robbie Hearn
Ex member of the giffgaff team, still fond admirer
Message 21 of 30
by: paddy_o_furniture
on: 02/09/2010 | 21:34

The support here is non existent. I raised a ticket at just after 6, so I'll not hear back till tomorrow morning. Pretty poor first experience of this network.

Message 22 of 30
by: paddy_o_furniture
on: 02/09/2010 | 21:36 edited: 02/09/2010 | 21:47

Yeah thats brilliant, thanks giff gaff for the update to my phone.  pay peanuts you get monkeys, I'll be porting out quicker than I ported in. Blame o2 all you want, surely it is down to giff gaff to contact the end user to advise them of the problem.

new giff gaff slogan "communication is our business not our strong point"

Message 23 of 30
by: lagnusia
on: 02/09/2010 | 21:46

@robbie28 wrote:

@lagnusia this is an effect that is seen on some newly activated or newly ported accounts. It is caused by the system not being fully updated, and will be a temporary effect. Please just wait - and it will resolve itself when the system fully updates.

Thanks robbie28. Are you talking about hours or days?

Cheers

Message 24 of 30
on: 02/09/2010 | 22:15

@lagnusia wrote:

@robbie28 wrote:

Thanks robbie28. Are you talking about hours or days?

Cheers

lagnusia - it will be hours, it shoudl be tomorrow morning when the tech team are back at work. I have posted a fuller explanation of the problem here

Robbie Hearn
Message 25 of 30
on: 02/09/2010 | 23:04

@robbie28 wrote:

lagnusia - it will be hours, it shoudl be tomorrow morning when the tech team are back at work. I have posted a fuller explanation of the problem here

I really hope so. I had issues with SIM activation (code didn't work), then with online topups (system wouldn't complete the transation due to an internal error) and now I can't even call.

I know most users come to the forum only when they have issues, but I read a lot of posts complaining about similar problems. Plus my Mrs and I are migrating together and we both experienced the exact same issues as above.

I'm afraid that's not a very impressive start indeed, given also the fact that some users have experienced the o2 billing message more than once.

But I want to be optimist (read: I want to believe) this is not an unsustainable business model which will make me regret I've ever even considered porting in. 

Message 26 of 30
on: 03/09/2010 | 10:04

Is there any update on this issue? My "class 9 bar" doesn't seem to have been removed yet.

Message 27 of 30
by: nigel
former giff-staffer

on: 03/09/2010 | 10:09

We've just done a little tidy up for removing the bars ... try again and if not let the member services know and that will get your mobile number through to the tech teams to manually fix it

Nigel

Message 28 of 30
on: 03/09/2010 | 10:32
All right, it works now. I guss all's well that ends well.

Cheers Nigel
Message 29 of 30
Highlighted
on: 03/09/2010 | 21:10

Our information is that all ports from the last three days have now completed, and judging b the lack of new posts on this thread I assume that this is so. We only had 6 ports today, as I explained above, we are taking the system offline for a few days to make improvements.

I will now lock this thread. If it turns out that you did have a port that was due to complete in the last 3 days that still has not completed pleaser contact an agent. Thanks

Robbie Hearn
Message 30 of 30