[RESOLVED] Balance N/A Issue [01/02/2012]

Started by: craig_t
On: 01/02/2012 | 09:14
Replies: 67

by: craig_t
former giff-staffer

on: 01/02/2012 | 09:14 edited: 02/02/2012 | 13:09

Good morning,

We're aware of a wide scale issue where customers may be seeing "Balance N/A" or other Goodybag  in their "My Giffgaff" page.

What's going on?

Customers in the situation above (not all) will see their account as "Balance N/A", "Goodybags updating" or similar Goodybag messaging in their account this morning.

This will affect the following transactions:

-Buying new Goodybags.

-Queuing future Goodybags.

-Topping up.

Who does this affect?

At the moment, we are attempting to narrow down the scope, but believe this is network wide currently.

What are you doing about it?

Our technical team are currently investigating this as a matter of priority. We'll come back on this thread with updates as soon as we have them.
I believe I'm affected - what should I do?

Please don't raise an Agent case if you believe you are affected - as this is wide scale, any fix we put through will be a bulk fix, and therefore won't need individual Agent cases at this time.
Thanks for your patience here and apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Kind regards,
--craig
Update: 09:57 - 01/02/2012
We can confirm that customers with existing goodybags and airtime credit should still receive a normal and correct service. 

This issue will still affect any customers that attempt the following transactions:

-Buying new Goodybags.

-Queuing future Goodybags.

-Topping up.

Many thanks,
Anthony C

Update: 11.14 - 01/01/2012

HI there,

The problem with balance appearing as N/A and the web service issue has now been fixed. Everything should be back to normal now.

Sincere apologise for any incovenience this may have caused you.

Kind regards,

Anthony C

Update 13:08, 2nd Feb

All balance N/A, or updating , messages for those people who's goodybags were due to start on the 1st Feb or the 31st Jan, should now be resolved.

If not, please raise a case with the agents.

For those members who's goodybag was due to start today and are experiencing this issue, please see this thread.

Regards,

Joe

-Into The West-

Play League of Legends free
Message 1 of 68
by: solid247
on: 01/02/2012 | 09:20
Cheers craig
Get a free Giffgaff Sim

Message 2 of 68
by: soldiers33
on: 01/02/2012 | 09:22
So what will happen about the credit gone? My girlfriend can't even call me or text me because apparently she has no free calls and texts to me.
Message 3 of 68
by: syorksdeano
on: 01/02/2012 | 09:23
I'm one of those affected. Tried the shortcode on my handset and it is rejected but calls do go through but after a 30 second delay
`Please give me kudos if my reply was helpful.'

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 68
by: craig_t
former giff-staffer

on: 01/02/2012 | 09:23

@soldiers33 wrote:
So what will happen about the credit gone? My girlfriend can't even call me or text me because apparently she has no free calls and texts to me.

Hi soldiers,

We'll need to work on the fix on this first. After this, we can look at what's going on in any individual cases on credit.

Kind regards,

--craig

-Into The West-

Play League of Legends free
Message 5 of 68
by: as7861
on: 01/02/2012 | 09:26
Yea im facing it as well, and on mygiffgaff app its coming up with error "connecting to server problem" or something In balance part, guessing its linked to this issue.

@craig if i remember correctly this had happened before as well ? In the past ?

But thanks for update Smiley Wink
- Amer Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 68
by: rookwise
on: 01/02/2012 | 09:27
Got it on mine as well. Does this mean we'll get charged for any calls/texts/internet used until this problem is sorted or will our accounts operate as normal ?
Message 7 of 68
by: joallen36
on: 01/02/2012 | 09:30

im getting it too, thought it was just me. 

Message 8 of 68
by: syorksdeano
on: 01/02/2012 | 09:30

@rookwise wrote:
Got it on mine as well. Does this mean we'll get charged for any calls/texts/internet used until this problem is sorted or will our accounts operate as normal ?

I've currently no credit on my account (apart from the goodybag) and calls and texts are going through fine for me.

As someone else has pointed out, this happened before and I believe it was down to one system not updating the other system.......or was it Vincent had unplugged it to use his hairdryerSmiley Very Happy

`Please give me kudos if my reply was helpful.'

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 68
by: grimbo
on: 01/02/2012 | 09:34

This has happened right on the day I need to renew my Goodybag.  It seems like you have to be checking the Giff Gaff website everyday to make sure you don't get caught out.  Went to renew last night, but it was after the new 7pm cut off which I only found out when I searched wondering why it wasn't working, trying to renew after 9am today and Goodybags down.  As a result I can't make any calls, texts etc

Number transfer was delayed by several days when I first signed up....not great as my first month with GiffGaff!

Message 10 of 68