Knowledge Base
Community

(RESOLVED) Issues with 2G, 3G and 4G Voice and Data across Northern Ireland and Yorkshire

Started by: alexandra_mg
On: 02/03/2018 | 14:33
Replies: 9

Go to best answer
by: alexandra_mg
community giff-staffer

on: 02/03/2018 | 14:33 edited: 02/03/2018 | 15:36

Service

Status

2G Calls

ylw_pix.jpg Available

2G Data services

ylw_pix.jpg Available

3G & 4G Calls & Data services

ylw_pix.jpg Available

Topping up

grn_pix.jpg Available

All other services

grn_pix.jpg Available

Summary

We are aware that members may be experiencing intermittent issuse with 2G, 3G and 4G Voice and Data Services across Northern Ireland and Yorkshire.  This has now been resolved and services resumed as normal.

Most Recent Update

15:36 - 2nd March 2018

Hi Everyone,

We have been advised that the intermittent ssues relating to 2G, 3G and 4G Voice and Data has now been resolved and all services within the Northern Ireland and Yorkshire area should be working as expected.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

Alexandra

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date. 

Click to reveal

Most Recent Update

Hi Everyone,

We have been advised that the intermittent ssues relating to 2G, 3G and 4G Voice and Data has now been resolved and all services within the Northern Ireland and Yorkshire area should be working as expected.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

Alexandra

14:33 - 2nd March 2018

Hi Everyone,

We are aware that members may be experiencing intermittent issues when using 2G, 3G and 4G Voice and Data services, within these areas. Our teams are working on this as we speak and we will provide an update as soon as we are able to do so. This issue does not impact any other services or areas.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

Alexandra

Hi there folks!

I am currently out of the Office on Maternity Leave, if you need a hand with anything community related, please reach out to one of our fantastic fellow Educators for further assistance. For general help, please reach out to the fab community over in Help & Support.

See you soon!

Alexandra

giffgaff Educator | WFH Team
Message 1 of 10
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
community giff-staffer

on: 02/03/2018 | 15:36

Hi Everyone,

Alexandra
Hi there folks!

I am currently out of the Office on Maternity Leave, if you need a hand with anything community related, please reach out to one of our fantastic fellow Educators for further assistance. For general help, please reach out to the fab community over in Help & Support.

See you soon!

Alexandra

Message 2 of 10
Highlighted
community giff-staffer

on: 02/03/2018 | 15:36

Hi Everyone,

Alexandra
Hi there folks!

See you soon!

Alexandra

Message 2 of 10
by: sarahgordon92
on: 02/03/2018 | 22:30
My signal is still out in Yorkshire. Restarted/reset entered APN manually etc etc nothing works
Message 3 of 10
by: harrrrrry
on: 03/03/2018 | 00:18

@sarahgordon92

The status checker https://giffgaff.com/coverage-and-service#network is showing some faults, but they may not be the same widespread fault that was reported before. I tried one random Yorkshire town and there are no faults reported there, but it's only possible to check reliably by exact postcode.

You can check by putting your full postcode in at https://giffgaff.com/coverage-and-service#network

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 4 of 10
on: 03/03/2018 | 07:33
It's says it's all fine in the area where I am but still no signal. Never had trouble till this week
Message 5 of 10
by: harrrrrry
on: 03/03/2018 | 09:03

@sarahgordon92

If everybody else in your area thinks it's still the big fault from yesterday, they may not have reported it again.

Do you know anybody else in your area that uses giffgaff, o2 or tesco to see if they are having problems?

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 6 of 10
on: 03/03/2018 | 15:36
I've messaged an agent as well all i've been told is that a mast is broken and may be up by the 5th of March - totally different information to whats on here. I don't know anyone on the same network... and can't text anyone to check!
Message 7 of 10
by: nosnibor02
on: 03/03/2018 | 19:53 edited: 03/03/2018 | 19:54

My daughter is having the same issue. She is in Yorkshire and has 'asked an agent', just waiting for a reply. However her friend, who is also with Giffgaff and in the same room as her is having no problems at all!!

Message 8 of 10
by: persco
on: 03/03/2018 | 20:03

nosnibor02 wrote:

My daughter is having the same issue. She is in Yorkshire and has 'asked an agent', just waiting for a reply. However her friend, who is also with Giffgaff and in the same room as her is having no problems at all!!

Hi @nosnibor02 If her friend isn’t having the same issue then ask her to reboot her phone. 

If that hat don’t fix it, ask her to try a manual roam. See here for instructions

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/giffgaff-Top-Tips/manual-roam/m-p/3345471

If her phone allows her, try switching to gsm 2g only mode in network settings and see if it makes a difference to your connection.

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 10
on: 06/03/2018 | 10:21
That doesn't work I still have no signal I've tried literally every guide on here now
Message 10 of 10