grn_pix.jpg Available

Refurbished phones stock

grn_pix.jpg Available

New phones stock

grn_pix.jpg Available

giffgaff mobile service

grn_pix.jpg Available

Summary

We had some operational challenges with receiving fresh pre-owned phone stock in Marketplace. This is now resolved, and stock on Marketplace is returning to normal.

Stocks of new and refurbished phones were unaffected.

Most Recent Update

Resolved - 11:53 - 25th Sept 2018

Hi all,

After working very closely with our suppliers, we've been able to start replenishing our preowned stock, and I'm happy to say we're now comfortable calling this issue resolved. If you take a look at Marketplace these days, you should see healthy stock for most devices.

Thanks for your patience.

Will

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date. 

Click to reveal

13:53 - 17 Aug 2018

Hi everyone,

If you're looking at the Marketplace pre-owned phones page or our eBay store, you might notice a few more phones are out of stock than usual. Unfortunately, at the moment we've got a bit of a logistical issue with receiving fresh pre-owned phones stock, so the stock on the site is more limited than we would like.

We're doing a lot behind the scenes with the companies that manage this to make sure we can resolve it as quickly as possible, and we're hoping to have an update for you very soon. In the mean time, we're continuing to sell new and refurbished phones in the usual way, and any orders that have been placed for any phones will come through as usual.

Thanks,

Will

Hi all,

After working very closely with our suppliers, we've been able to start replenishing our preowned stock, and I'm happy to say we're now comfortable calling this issue resolved. If you take a look at Marketplace these days, you should see healthy stock for most devices.

Will

giffgaff community staffer - let me know if you want to chat about anything.
You can send me a message and we'll get rolling. Need a topic? Try here.
Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: t_will
community giff-staffer

on: 25/09/2018 | 11:53

Hi all,

Will

Message 6 of 7
by: woodyuk
on: 18/08/2018 | 13:04 edited: 18/08/2018 | 13:08

@t_will it may be worth adding that there have been no phones at all for sale in the giffgaff Ebay store for a while now as they are all pre owned.

With a lot of members prefering to buy from giffgaff at Ebay because of the 12 month warranty on pre owned phones there rather than the 6 months offered here,plus the ability to pay via Paypal,or use Paypal Credit if you wish to which works out cheaper than Ratesetter and delivery by Royal Mail Special Delivery to any address you wish so you can have the phone delivered to your work address for instance it's a shame to see nothing for sale.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/giffgaffmarketplace/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2053...

Message 2 of 7
by: crimsonshade
on: 18/08/2018 | 22:13
And now I just learned something else I didn't know about... Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
by: teach353
on: 19/08/2018 | 16:49

Is this part of the issue affecting 'Sell My Phone'? My phone was delivered to GG 10 days ago (9th August), since then I've had no word of it. Two agents have assured me that my phone is 'safe and sound' and suggested I am patient. As the GG hype suggests this sevice normally turns around within 24 hours of recept, I wonder if you are aware of the problem causing such appalling service.

Message 4 of 7
community giff-staffer

on: 20/08/2018 | 13:30 edited: 24/08/2018 | 18:05

@woodyuk wrote:

@t_will it may be worth adding that there have been no phones at all for sale in the giffgaff Ebay store for a while now as they are all pre owned.

With a lot of members prefering to buy from giffgaff at Ebay because of the 12 month warranty on pre owned phones there rather than the 6 months offered here,plus the ability to pay via Paypal,or use Paypal Credit if you wish to which works out cheaper than Ratesetter and delivery by Royal Mail Special Delivery to any address you wish so you can have the phone delivered to your work address for instance it's a shame to see nothing for sale.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/giffgaffmarketplace/m.html?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEFSXS%3AMESOI&_trksid=p2053...

Good call, I'll make it clearer in the opening post. These stocks come from the same source and so this issue affects the eBay store as well.

@teach353 wrote:

Is this part of the issue affecting 'Sell My Phone'? My phone was delivered to GG 10 days ago (9th August), since then I've had no word of it. Two agents have assured me that my phone is 'safe and sound' and suggested I am patient. As the GG hype suggests this sevice normally turns around within 24 hours of recept, I wonder if you are aware of the problem causing such appalling service.

24th August 2018
Sell My Phone has temporarily been put on hold. For those who have already sent their phones in- Since you're already in touch with our agent team, best to keep in contact with them to get this sorted. Check out our full announcement here: https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/We-re-putting-Sell-your-phone-on-pause/td-p/22282631

Message 5 of 7
community giff-staffer

on: 25/09/2018 | 11:53

Hi all,

Will

Message 6 of 7
by: woodyuk
on: 27/09/2018 | 12:24

@t_will it might be worth mentioning though that there is still no stock for sale at the giffgaff eBay store.

Message 7 of 7