[Resolved]Text messages issue - 6th and 7th December 2018

Started by: paul_d_
On: 11/12/2018 | 15:10
Replies: 13

by: paul_d_
community giff-staffer

on: 11/12/2018 | 15:10

Summary

On the 6th & 7th December 2018 some members experienced issues whilst sending texts where it looked like the text had not been sent but the recipient received the text multiple times.  During this time some members were charged for each text that was received, from their credit or goodybag allowance.

Action we are taking

We are now in the process of gathering all the details we need in order to refund all the members that were affected. As soon as we have that we will start crediting everyone back automatically. So if you have been impacted by this, rest assured that you will receive your refund, no need for you to do anything. 

We are aiming to have the refunds out in the next few days, accompanied by a text message to make sure the affected members are aware and kept in the loop.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and we will let you know as soon as we have more details around specific timelines.

Regards.

Paul.

giffgaff Educator | WFH Team

Message 1 of 14
by: jaymailsays
on: 11/12/2018 | 15:20
Excellent progress Paul. However you will be aware many members are yet to receive an email to give access to the goodwill fund. Yet the time limit for a claim is Friday. What steps are in place to resolve this delay?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 14
by: ray2
on: 11/12/2018 | 16:14

@paul_d_

Thankyou for the post and keeping us updated Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 14
by: saichta
on: 11/12/2018 | 21:19

Hi,

The issue with text messages seems to have recurred. I'm getting the message saying the text isn't sent and at least two texts sent to me today haven't arrived. My phone shows fulk 3G reception  

Message 4 of 14
by: paul_d_
community giff-staffer

on: 12/12/2018 | 10:14 edited: 12/12/2018 | 10:21

Hi @jaymailsays

Sorry for the delay replying, It has been a tad busy this last week (as you can imagine).

Emails are still being sent out as we speak, we are getting these emails out as fast as we possibly can.  The cut off date for claiming from the fund as at the time of posting this message is still Friday 14th however I have relayed your concerns about the time scale between receiving the email and the cut off date to make a claim & can confirm that the folks here are closely monitoring this.  

Thanks again for flagging this, good point.

@saichta

Sorry to hear your having some issues with your texts & thanks for posting, Can you possibly pop on over to our Help & Support forum and go through some troubleshooting with our excellent helper please, they will hopefully be able to get to the bottom of your issue or at least point you in the right direction if it needs to be referred for further investigation. 

Have a great day.

Paul.

giffgaff Educator | WFH Team

Message 5 of 14
by: kedsv
on: 12/12/2018 | 11:01
Hi @paul_d, thanks for the update. I fail to see, however, how you are still sending the emails. You are not writing them manually, are you? Surely your CEO could have checked your resources before making promises.

The service problems were not giffgaff's fault (subcontractor of subscontractor), but still giffgaff's responsibility. The mishandling of the aftermath most definitely is and is not being received well.

An update from the CEO in the original message will help everybody, I believe.

On a positive note, refunding the overcharged text messages automatically is fantastic and even more important, although fewer people are impacted.
Message 6 of 14
by: tayosho
on: 13/12/2018 | 09:04
I still didn’t receive any link! What’s happening?!
Message 7 of 14
by: ray2
on: 13/12/2018 | 10:41

@tayosho wrote:

I still didn’t receive any link! What’s happening?!

@tayosho

Please be patient,emails are still being sent out, make sure you have your contact permissions turned on,to check they are please go to your my giffgaff page,at the top click on "my profile and settings" then scroll down and you will see "do you want to hear from us,were a friendly bunch " click open then select "i am happy to recieve relevant info from giffgaff"

click save and you are done.

if you already have this turned on ,your email will be coming.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 14
by: tayosho
on: 13/12/2018 | 21:56
Thank you I will check it now and turn it on if it’s off.
Message 9 of 14
by: ijustcantdoit
on: 13/12/2018 | 23:12

@paul_d_

Great to hear were all back on track again 

“Welcome
Message 10 of 14