Knowledge Base
Community

{Restored} Issue with Topup / buying a goodybag with a saved card - 10th October 2017

Started by: dez_d
On: 10/10/2017 | 21:38
Replies: 10

Go to best answer
by: dez_d
community giff-staffer

on: 10/10/2017 | 21:38 edited: 12/10/2017 | 08:51

Service

Status

Top-up / purchase of a goody bag with a saved debit / credit card for some members

grn_pix.jpg Restored

Top-up / goodybag purchase with unsaved debit / credit cards

grn_pix.jpg Available 

Handset purchases

grn_pix.jpg Available 

All other services

grn_pix.jpg Available 

Summary

We are currently experiencing an unexpected issue with our payment provider which is causing payment declines on goodybags with saved card for some members. This means our members trying to top-up/ purchase a goody bag could be impacted by this.

Most Recent Update

15:57 - 11th October 2017

Hello folks,

Due to the glitch that we had yesterday with top-ups and buying a goodybag, some of the members have been charged but have not received the top-up or goodybag. At the moment it looks like the timeframe for this glitch was 17:45 - 19:02 but we are still investigating.

If you find yourself in the above situation and money has been taken out of your account without receiving the top-up or goodybag, don't worry, we have started  working though the list and issuing refunds.

The glitch has been fixed and we are looking into the root cause to make sure we take all the precautions for this not to happen again.

We apologise for this inconvenience and thank you for all your patience.

All the best,

Roxy

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date. 

Click to reveal

Most Recent Update

21:30 - 10th October 2017

Hi everyone,

We are currently experiencing an unexpected issue with our payment provider which is causing saved cards to decline attempted payments for top-ups / goodybags. This means members trying to top-up or purchase a goody bag could be affected by this.

Handset purchases, Top-up and goodybag purchases with an unsaved debit / credit card are not affected by this issue.

If you are affected by this issue try deleting your stored debit / credit card and then re-applying the card details in your account. To remove and add your card details please go to the My Payments section of your account.

We are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible and will keep you updated with our progress.

Most Recent Update

Hello folks,

Due to the glitch that we had yesterday with top-ups and buying a goodybag, some of the members have been charged but have not received the top-up or goodybag. At the moment it looks like the timeframe for this glitch was 17:45 - 19:02 but we are still investigating.

If you find yourself in the above situation and money has been taken out of your account without receiving the top-up or goodybag, don't worry, we have started  working though the list and issuing refunds.

The glitch has been fixed and we are looking into the root cause to make sure we take all the precautions for this not to happen again.

All the best,

Roxy

giffgaff Educator

Message 1 of 11
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: roxy_r
community giff-staffer

on: 11/10/2017 | 15:57

Most Recent Update

Hello folks,

All the best,

Roxy

community manager in the Help&Support area
links Visit the community guidelines <Check the Knowledge base
Message 5 of 11
by: bbpp
on: 11/10/2017 | 10:52

Any furthet updates on this at all

Message 2 of 11
by: dez_d
community giff-staffer

on: 11/10/2017 | 12:06

@bbpp wrote:

Any furthet updates on this at all

Not yet. Futher updates to this issue will be added as they come available to us.

btw I've just bumped your help request HERE. Please follow the link and use the advice given.

Dez

giffgaff Educator

Message 3 of 11
by: manuel_1984
on: 11/10/2017 | 15:16 edited: 11/10/2017 | 15:24

EDIT:

I´ve just got it!!!!!
Updating the card info ( I did it several times yesterday and another one this morning ) 

Hey there.... come on!
I need top-up and a goody-bag before today´s end, and I´m not in U.K.
Any estimated time for fixing the issue?

Message 4 of 11
Highlighted
by: roxy_r
community giff-staffer

on: 11/10/2017 | 15:57

Most Recent Update

Hello folks,

All the best,

Roxy

community manager in the Help&Support area
links Visit the community guidelines <Check the Knowledge base
Message 5 of 11
by: andrew30
on: 11/10/2017 | 23:06
This issue is still happening for me, I’ve tried buying goody bags on my account multiple times but it’s not happening. So I thought I’d try to que a goody bag for my son but no luck there either!!
Message 6 of 11
by: harrrrrry
on: 12/10/2017 | 10:58

@andrew30

You can report that to an agent at https://giffgaff.com/support/ask/cant_buy_goodybag for checking.

Agents usually reply within 24 hours but often sooner and you need to look in https://giffgaff.com/support/questions for the reply.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 7 of 11
by: manuel_1984
on: 12/10/2017 | 12:29 edited: 12/10/2017 | 13:43

Does it mean that I don´t have anything???? because I have a double charge in my bank account , and of course I only ordered and got one goodybag. 

Thnks

Edit: P.D.: How do I put a not happy face in my avatar?

Message 8 of 11
by: neave1960
on: 12/10/2017 | 13:32

I have 3 debits from my bank and no goodybag. How long before money back in my bank and goodybag credited as I have no 'credit' so phone is useless.

Message 9 of 11
by: opmcg2
on: 12/10/2017 | 22:41
Sorry, this can’t be processed right now, please try again later.  If you see this message again, please contact an agent and we'll look into this for you. I got this message, how long before your issue is sorted. I have try a few times to buy a topup, same message each time, Please make sure you do not take any payments dated the 12th of October, as i could not recieve topup. If you do you will have 24 hours to return the payments or I will ask my bank to retrieve my funds.
Message 10 of 11