Knowledge Base
Community

Top up by voucher not available this weekend

Started by: robbie28
On: 20/08/2010 | 19:51
Replies: 29

by: aamedia
on: 23/08/2010 | 20:52

Still no sign of the activation. And my email was ignored. I guess these cheap rates come at the expense of a competent technical support team and customer service staff. 

Why offer online top activation if you know it doesn't work. There is no way I could recommend giffgaff to anyone. Once i've used my top up, my sim is going in the bin.

I'll stick with a nice normal network like Orange or Vodafone. I never liked o2 anyway.

Message 21 of 30
by: syorksdeano
on: 23/08/2010 | 20:56

The top up by voucher option has always worked, in fact I have activated at least 5 sim cards using this method.  Over the last few days tho people have been complaining of various issues regarding the vouchers.

Giffgaff looked into this and found a problem which they are releasing a fix for.  During this fix the network went down, this also affected some 02 customers.  Yes giffgaff should have sorted out the voucher situation straight away but the chances are this option will be available tomorrow.

If it isn't then giffgaff have to explain why

`Please give me kudos if my reply was helpful.'

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 22 of 30
by: gawright
on: 23/08/2010 | 21:35

One of the interesting things about having a forum like this for customer support is that you get to see the (and please excuse me for saying it) kind of complete arseholes that customer service staff on other networks must have to deal with everyday.

I can understand the frustration when things don't work and I agree that the notice about voucher top ups should be more prominently displayed, but it is no excuse for the childish rants we often see on here! Everything goes wrong from time to time, we just have accept that nothing is perfect.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 23 of 30
by: allan1954
on: 24/08/2010 | 07:07

every mobile phone network that i have used tmobile orange virgin vodafone o2 family mobile have had problems there is nothing you can do about it you have to be patent and wait for the fix this is why i use 2 phones never without a service.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 24 of 30
by: sutton
on: 24/08/2010 | 08:55

so why do we get an update yesterday saying it should be fixed & working for late afternoon ? =/

Message 25 of 30
by: robbie28
on: 24/08/2010 | 09:40

Hi all,

This issue is still being fixed. Aologies for the delay in a fix - and for not updating this thread yesterday. I will update later today with the latest news.

Robbie Hearn
Ex member of the giffgaff team, still fond admirer
Message 26 of 30
on: 24/08/2010 | 10:26

@sutton wrote:

so why do we get an update yesterday saying it should be fixed & working for late afternoon ? =/

This update was given before the outage that happened yesterday.  I think their main priority was to get the network back up and running so people could make and receive calls.  I trust giffgaff to have the problem resolved by the end of the day

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 27 of 30
by: robbie28
on: 24/08/2010 | 10:36 edited: 24/08/2010 | 10:37

The fix for the Voucher top up method is being applied as we speak. We will then need some time to test that it has worked. Assuming this runs smoothly vouchers should be available again around 2pm this afternoon.

Thanks

Robbie Hearn
Ex member of the giffgaff team, still fond admirer
Message 28 of 30
by: vincent
former giff-staffer

on: 24/08/2010 | 11:55

Just to let you know the voucher top up system is now back up and running.

Cheers,

Vincent

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VincentBoon
Message 29 of 30
Highlighted
on: 24/08/2010 | 12:06
Hurray

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 30 of 30