Knowledge Base
Community

Top up by voucher not available this weekend

Started by: robbie28
On: 20/08/2010 | 19:51
Replies: 29

by: robbie28
on: 20/08/2010 | 19:51 edited: 24/08/2010 | 11:51

We have had a small number of members report failures with the top up by voucher function over the last two days. Our technical teams investigated the issue and have found a fault that has the potential to become a bigger issue.

Therefore we have decided to disable the top up function entirely until this problem is fixed. The other top up methods - credit and debit cards - are not affected by this fault.

Apologies for the inconvenience if you are not able to use these other methods. We will get top ups by voucher up and running as soon as possible.

Please watch this thread for updates, and re-direct any posters on other threads mentioning this issue to this thread.

Update on 24th:

This issue is still being fixed. Aologies for the delay in a fix - and for not updating this thread yesterday. I will update later today with the latest news.

next:

The fix for the Voucher top up method is being applied as we speak. We will then need some time to test that it has worked. Assuming this runs smoothly vouchers should be available again around 2pm this afternoon.

Update 24th: Vouchers are now working again.

Thank you

Robbie Hearn
Ex member of the giffgaff team, still fond admirer
Message 1 of 30
by: solo12002
on: 22/08/2010 | 08:05

Lol and thers me sitting like a **bleep** trying. See if youve not be on for a while and have not looked on the fourm this is what happends.You miss out on all of the updated information including the fact online top ups are not working lol

Message 2 of 30
by: rstevenson
on: 22/08/2010 | 10:38

I am guessing the top up line where you can use your voucher is not working either. If this is the case the way you have notified us is all well and good but a text would not have went a miss either because I bet you have a fair few users who have registered for giffgaff's great rates but don't want to use the forums. Now what happens if they attempt to top up by the top up line and it ends up driving them nuts they can not top up. If this happens again a text should be issued to every single phone on the network.

It is unacceptable to only leave a message on here and not consider how the users who don't use the forum will get this very important information. 

Message 3 of 30
by: teetee
on: 22/08/2010 | 13:16

hello i am a new customer i have emailed you regarding my sim and the fact i cannot activate it i have sent you pictures of my phone displayandof my voucher i have bought please help me activate my sim

your a relativley new network and thisis unacceptable that i have p[aidout my money yet i still have no service

please help

Message 4 of 30
by: cinami
on: 22/08/2010 | 13:31

As someone just mentioned, does this also apply to calling to top up with a voucher. I know this doesn't apply to those unfortunate people who need to activate but those already members should still be able to top up by calling 43430 right.

Could someone just clarify please.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 30
by: sutton
on: 23/08/2010 | 10:26

is there any news on when this matter will be fixed ? thanks

Message 6 of 30
by: aamedia
on: 23/08/2010 | 10:30 edited: 23/08/2010 | 10:35

This is just a joke. It clearly says that you are able to activate using a voucher or credit or debit card on the sim card packaging and throughout the website. You probably have that on your advertising as well. However there is no voucher function on the site. It shouldn't be down.

Screw you guys.

I wan't my money back.

And if you can't handle top ups, then there's no way in hell I'm giving you debit card details. You might be cheap but it doesn't mean you can act like clowns and con people. 

And if the top up activation is down, why isn't that prominently displayed on the website, not deep in your forums. I had to search on Google to find this page. What kind of crack do you guys smoke in your offices? 

[EDIT]

Oh, and I looked at the contact page, and to attempt to speak to anyone directly you have to have an active SIM. Which I can't activate.

Oh well, looks like i'll have to get in touch with Trading Standards. And spread the word so no one else gets burned  by this Ponzi scam of a  network.

Message 7 of 30
by: aks782
on: 23/08/2010 | 10:41 edited: 23/08/2010 | 10:44

@aamedia wrote:

This is just a joke. It clearly says that you are able to activate using a voucher or credit or debit card on the sim card packaging and throughout the website. You probably have that on your advertising as well. However there is no voucher function on the site. It shouldn't be down.

Screw you guys.

I wan't my money back.

And if you can't handle top ups, then there's no way in hell I'm giving you debit card details. You might be cheap but it doesn't mean you can act like clowns and con people. 

And if the top up activation is down, why isn't that prominently displayed on the website, not deep in your forums. I had to search on Google to find this page. What kind of crack do you guys smoke in your offices? 

Oh, and I looked at the contact page, and to attempt to speak to anyone directly you have to have an active SIM. Which I can't activate.

Sorry but if you had looked throughly, it is very easy for unactivated customers to email agents. Email them on giffgaffteam@mailuk.custhelp.com  

Oh well, looks like i'll have to get in touch with Trading Standards. And spread the word so no one else gets burned  by this Ponzi scam of a  network

I don't think this is a case for TS, as you need to wait for a reply (or no reply, for that matter) before contacting them, besides with 6000 happy active users, this i'm sure isn't a scam.

Can I firstly kindly urge you to calm down, through many hours on the phone to various companies I have learnt when dealing calming with agents you are more likely to get a better outcome for yourself. And to address your suggestions at the fact that GG is falsely advertising you can activate using a voucher - this is not true! Just because the service is down for one weekend - due to an unanticipated error - it does not mean giffgaff is false in it's advertising. As customers we must remember that with every new company there are teething problems, and that they will get sorted - especially as they rely upon o2's network and help! However I do support your fact that there should be a notice on the first page of activation - this needs to be addressed. Also can i finally reassure you that if you do happen to loose money due to this (i.e. your topup voucher expires) GG will in some way refund that to you Smiley Happy

For a giffgaff sim with £5 FREE CREDIT when you activate, click here

Message 8 of 30
by: hal2814
on: 23/08/2010 | 10:44

This network isn't a scam.  There is a known issue with top-up vouchers that they are working on.  It was down all weekend as the tech team are unavailable on weekends.

I'm sorry you're so upset by this, but they're doing all they can.  Giffgaff are a young network that already have thousands of customers who've had no problems.

And it's on the forum as, with Giffgaff, the forum is the first line for customer support.  You earn payback points by helping with other users' problems.

Message 9 of 30
by: sutton
on: 23/08/2010 | 10:47

any news on when the top up will be available then ?

thanks Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 30