The best UK Internet allowance with giffgaff
Many giffgaffers have posted comments on our forums, blog and twitter talking about how happy they are to have free Internet with us until the end of May.Yes, we are quite proud of being the only mobile network offering free Internet but best value is sometimes not enough. What about our fair usage?
To help put things into context I thought it was important to understand what we mean by "fair usage". I’ve been through the T&Cs of all our competitors (so you don't have to...) and tried to check their limits for free or unlimited Internet:
- Vodafone is not offering a free Internet bundle or reward. They charge it at 50p per day up to a maximum of 25MB.
- Orange allows you 500MB per month with their Dolphin plan.
- T-Mobile gives you 40MB per day with their “free texts and Internet for life” top-up reward.
- Virgin goes up to 1GB per month.
- 3-Mobile gives you 150MB for every top-up until it runs out.
- O2 does not specify what their fair usage is.
So what's giffgaff's limit? 100MB per day! Yuhhuuuu! This roughly equates to:
- Visiting 2.000 websites a day.
- Checking your facebook home page 6.000 times a day.
- Tweeting 96.000 times a day. That is more than a Tweet per second for 24 hours!
Just watch out with your downloads, YouTube and Spotify usage and you're unlikely to reach that daily 100MB limit. Happy surfing giffgaffers.
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.