Knowledge Base
Community

Difficulty replying to PMs or initiating PMs

Started by: jesi23
On: 12/01/2019 | 19:52
Replies: 8
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
by: jesi23
on: 12/01/2019 | 19:52

I tried to reply to @dez_d in my PMs yesterday … it failed to send and told me it did not exist, while showing me the message ready to send. 

I tried again today, several times, with a similar failure. I even copied the entire text and tried refreshing the page and pasting the text into the message block. 

Then I took a screenshot of the page: 

Click to reveal
27C42B23-711E-4C8A-8AC9-BF1FF3D07C1D.pngScreenshot

🤡 Is this expected? Jes

Please don't forget to come back after your problem has been resolved and select a best answer.
Also consider a kudos [+★] for any member who helped.
Message 1 of 9
on: 12/01/2019 | 19:54

I even went into Dez’s profile and tried to just leave it as a new PM without success. 

🤡

Please don't forget to come back after your problem has been resolved and select a best answer.
Message 2 of 9
by: dez_d
community giff-staffer

on: 13/01/2019 | 09:01

Hey @jesi23

Thanks for flagging this up. It looks like the ability to send PM's failed sometime yesterday, although the issue has been around for a while.

It normally just comes back on by itself but it seems to be taking longer than normal to correct itself.

Sorry for the inconvenience it's causing.

Dez

giffgaff Educator

Message 3 of 9
on: 13/01/2019 | 23:30

@dtuxcomp As requested, this is the thread I started … see the links in @dez_d message above for more information.

Apparently, some years ago there was a problem for over three months … this has apparently been ongoing intermittently since before September 2018 … however long it has been, it is a nuisance …

🤡 

Message 4 of 9
by: dtuxcomp
on: 14/01/2019 | 00:52
@jesi23 Thank you for the mention, saved me getting lost looking for it. Yes I've had trouble over the last few days, I don't think I've managed to send a single PM, I've received a few and I know @andyslc was also having trouble so I'll throw in a mention to him as well.

This problem did rear it's head in the past, so it's presumably something that just falls over sometimes. Last time it was several days and then started working again. I've had to resort to pointing people to my website where they can find my email address Smiley Sad or FB Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Let's hope it gets fixed quickly and that the move to vanilla cures it altogether.

Take care.

D.
Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
by: dez_d
community giff-staffer

on: 14/01/2019 | 09:21

Good news all, it would appear that PM's have now started to work again.

Regards

Dez

giffgaff Educator

Message 6 of 9
on: 14/01/2019 | 10:14

Well, I have managed to reply to a PM from @dez_d just now, so we can be hopeful! … 

@dtuxcomp

🤡

Message 7 of 9
on: 14/01/2019 | 11:02

@jesi23  @dez_d  Thanks, I'll try to send one in a bit and see if they'll work now for me Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 8 of 9
on: 14/01/2019 | 11:13

@jesi23  @dez_d

Just managed to get a PM to send to two people at once so it's working again for me Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Let's hope the problem can be fixed permanently at some point Smiley Wink

D.

Message 9 of 9