Knowledge Base
Community

£15 unlimited data goodybag removed already?

Started by: sloz
On: 24/11/2014 | 14:25
Replies: 59

by: islandstifle
on: 24/11/2014 | 16:06
It is standard that a one month period runs from the named starting day to the date before that day in the next month, i.e. 6th February to 5th March, 22nd June to 21st July. A two month period follows suit. The terms and conditions are clear.

The things you said weren't clear are from the knowledge base article and I already agree that it is misleading enough that a short extension would be reasonable.
All my posts are specific to you; I never copy/paste from a script.

If you need an agent, use http://giffgaff.com/support/ask and choose the relevant category. Please refrain from using the j.mp link, the SIM limit form, or "choosing 30" from the drop-down menu.
Message 11 of 60
Highlighted
by: sloz
on: 24/11/2014 | 16:57
The problem arises in giffgaff's interpretation of a month . Eg
Buy a goodybag to go live and it ends on the same day next month ( 20 th October to 20 th November )
Queued or recurred bags DO last a month as you described
And then again the 3 month free giffgaff to giffgaff allowances does in fact last 93 days
The 6 month sim deactivation rule is in fact 186 days
Also I was told by an educator that there would be an extra day or two added to the 2 month rule as a buffer, in case of recurring goodybag failures ( if you change goodybag for a month)

What's more irritating, for the last two months I've been giving people duff info and advising that the last day you could buy the £15 unlimited bag would be the 24 th November
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 12 of 60
by: theexplorer
on: 24/11/2014 | 17:44
Gg failed members again Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 60
by: drewxhoward
on: 24/11/2014 | 22:56

Oh wow. I didn't see this bit of news so now I can't ever get an unlimited goodybag again?

Thanks a lot Giffgaff. If I was really the boss then I wouldn't be putting myself in this position. I really don't like having to watch how much I download, even though I was pretty much always under 3GB.

Message 14 of 60
by: cameronj
on: 24/11/2014 | 23:56 edited: 25/11/2014 | 00:36

this is ridiculous

i have bought the unlimited deals all the time my last £12 deal ran out as stated by giffgaff

2. Purchase the £15
goodybag with unlimited
data allowance at least
once between the 24th of
September and the 24th of
November 2014;

i came to buy now and its gone ,,

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Support/I-want-my-unlimited-bag/m-p/15452816/highlight/false#M...

Message 15 of 60
by: gordie10
on: 25/11/2014 | 00:08

@drewxhoward wrote:

Oh wow. I didn't see this bit of news so now I can't ever get an unlimited goodybag again?

You can, but it'll now cost you £18 per month (£20 per month from April 1st, 2015).

Message 16 of 60
by: cameronj
on: 25/11/2014 | 01:12

seems it should have been available   Usage scenarios

To help the member make the most of this offer, we listed typical usage scenarios below.

You didn't have an active goodybag on the 24th of September 2014

If you didn't already have an active goodybag when the offer became available, you will have until the 24th of November 2014 to purchase the £15 offer goodybag

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learning-and-giffgaffer-articles/Unlimited-Goodybag-Offer/ta-p/1439...

Message 17 of 60
by: wolfango
on: 25/11/2014 | 12:56

This is the response I got from the useless agents, who cannot even read my messages... Confirming that the £15 unlimited data should have been available up to midnight of the 24/11/2014

Customer

24 Nov 2014 14:17
I wanted to purchase the £15 unlimited data goodybag but it's not available anymore, why? I thought I had time until the 24th of November 2014 as stated in the usage scenario at http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learning-and-giffgaffer-articles/Unlimited-Goodybag-Offer/ta-p/1439... Can you please reactivate it so I can make my order. I waited until today because I just bought a new smartphone from you.

Response Cianan @ the giffgaff team

24 Nov 2014 15:51
Hi Wolfango,

Thanks for getting in contact with us today because you think you should be able to select the £15 unlimited goodybag and can't, my name is Cianan and I've taken a look at your account and can see the reason you don't have the choice to buy the unlimited £15 goodybag is because you haven't purchased the £15 goodybag with unlimited data allowance at least once in the two month period and this is one of the things you need to have done to be eligible for the goodybag as you can see below:

Who can qualify for the offer

Be a member with an active SIM on or before the 21st of August 2014; and
Purchase the £15 goodybag with unlimited data allowance at least once between the 24th of September and the 24th of November 2014; and
Purchase the £15 goodybag with unlimited data allowance at least once in the two month period following their previous purchase of the £15 offer goodybag.

I'm afraid because you haven't done this you will not be able to purchase the unlimited £15 goodybag.

I hope this has helped you out Wolfango, and if you have any other queries and would like to speak with other members who have had the same queries as you maybe you would like to take a look at our FAQ's page: http://community.giffgaff.com/ or maybe you would like to take a look at our support: http://giffgaff.com/support/, or if you can’t find what you are looking for on there don't be afraid to get back to me!

Hope you have a lovely day!

Cianan @ the giffgaff team

Customer

24 Nov 2014 17:16
I did try to purchase the £15 unlimited data goodybag, but was not available up to the date promised (24/11/2014), today. I don't understand why you withdrew it before midnight. Now I purchased a £15 5GB data which I think should be upgraded to unlimited.

Response Susannah @ the giffgaff team

25 Nov 2014 10:07
Hi Wolfango,

Susie here, I have had a look through this case and I can see that you did not purchase the £15 offer goodybag between the 24/9 and the 24/11. The offer would have been removed at midnight on the 24/11.

Unfortunately I cant make changes to any goodybag's , you can however purchase the £18 unlimited goodybag https://giffgaff.com/goodybags/18pound-unlimited-internet this would give you unlimited internet and would be available on your account.

This should have you sorted!

Have a nice day

Susie @ the giffgaff team.

Customer

25 Nov 2014 12:46
Well this is ridiculous, if you read my emails I said that I could not buy the £15 unlimited data yesterday (24/11/2014) because it was no longer available. How can you reply with such contempt without reading my messages properly??? The offer was there on the 23/11/2014, but not yesterday. That's my problem. You say that the offer was withdrawn on the 24/11/2014 at midnight but it wasn't there yesterday. Read my message!!!!!

Message 18 of 60
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 25/11/2014 | 14:15
@wolfango
Have you has a response to that ?
green v3.pngorange gameplan v4.pngblue v3.pngH&S Banner.png
Message 19 of 60
by: wolfango
on: 25/11/2014 | 14:16

Not yet, still waiting...

Message 20 of 60