Knowledge Base
Community

£15 unlimited data goodybag removed already?

Started by: sloz
On: 24/11/2014 | 14:25
Replies: 59

by: christopherdt
on: 08/03/2015 | 02:57
Aw well at end of day i buy unlimited Internet. I expect unlimited Internet end of
Message 51 of 60
by: greenfrogman
on: 08/03/2015 | 14:44
@christopherdt

Once you use over 15gb it can get into unlimited goodybag ban zone (norm they warn you first in your case you would of had a warning about 3 weeks ago and then got banned a week later after that) doing 10gb in first week would result in a ban by the end of the second week

Generally I recommend to use a 10gb warning and 12-15gb limit to be safe

Please mark the correct answer so users can find them later on

Message 52 of 60
on: 08/03/2015 | 14:48
@christopherdt

We are sorry that Giffgaff have failed to implement correct traffic management for unlimited goodybag use, but Giffgaff choose to ban instead of speed limit (witch should happen at 10gb to 128kbs to curb yours and others high data useage)

You need to go to 3 or EE if you need to use over 20gb a month (strongly recommend that you get wifi as no mobile networks are not a replacement for wifi)

Message 53 of 60
by: islandstifle
on: 09/03/2015 | 07:04
Unlimited data is truly unlimited for the one month you've purchased it for. As it renews on a month to month basis, giffgaff is at liberty not to do further business with you.
All my posts are specific to you; I never copy/paste from a script.

If you need an agent, use http://giffgaff.com/support/ask and choose the relevant category. Please refrain from using the j.mp link, the SIM limit form, or "choosing 30" from the drop-down menu.
Message 54 of 60
on: 09/03/2015 | 17:08 edited: 09/03/2015 | 17:17

@islandstifle

Please with your post (and if you work for Giffgaff please update your profile to show ut) ,

if Giffgaff/you wish to offer unlimited they need to do it correctly, banning is not the way and your post of an excuse is disrespectful of people and if they do not wish to offer unlimited goodybag they should remove it and set it to 10gb

Message 55 of 60
on: 09/03/2015 | 18:25
"Please with your post" doesn't mean anything, sorry.

All giffgaff staff members are identified by a username in bold and a title such as "giffgaff educator", "member services agent", or "handy giff-staffer". I can confirm I am not and have never been a giffgaff staff member. If you believe my answer seems practiced or like a corporate line, it's because I've been telling it to people for the last 9 months since the process to amend the goodybag options for members who choose to use the service in such a way as to negatively affect the experience of other members came in.

Giffgaff provides an option for unlimited internet (which was very nearly removed last year due to the high cost of providing it) and this is now quite rare. Of the major networks only 3 provides a similar rolling monthly package and it's £20 a month with 90% less call time and an appallingly bad offshore call centre where you're still waiting to talk to someone by the time your question would have been asked and answered on this forum.

Anyway, back to giffgaff. Unlimited data packages are made available as peace of mind to ensure you won't be caught short within the month. It's not the intention that these packages are meant for use in lieu of a home broadband connection, for tethering other devices, for streaming for hours on end, or for illegal activity such as torrenting. A small number of members look to do these things and it slows the network down inevitably for everyone else. The giffgaff system allows for the occasional period where a member has a requirement to download a higher volume than usual, which a hard limit would not do. The system is applied fairly and warnings are always sent before the decision is taken to remove the privilege of buying unlimited plans.

I hope that clarifies matters for you.

If you need an agent, use http://giffgaff.com/support/ask and choose the relevant category. Please refrain from using the j.mp link, the SIM limit form, or "choosing 30" from the drop-down menu.
Message 56 of 60
on: 09/03/2015 | 19:51
@islandstifle

They are for piece of mind but they do not advertise it like that and ban you 1 month after

If they slowed you down I would of been perfectly fine with that (well as long as it's not low number of 5gb as its most other networks speed cap to)

Banning under unlimited is exclusively a Giffgaff thing and is not allowed under ASA rules

Message 57 of 60
on: 09/03/2015 | 20:06
You are quite wrong. The ASA has no issue with advertisements for unlimited if under 5% of users will be affected by a limit.

Message 58 of 60
on: 09/03/2015 | 20:19 edited: 09/03/2015 | 20:23

@islandstifle wrote:
You are quite wrong. The ASA has no issue with advertisements for unlimited if under 5% of users will be affected by a limit.

@islandstifle 

as long as they are using traffic management for the top 5%(as is industry practice with all other networks that offer unlimited ish data to slow you down after a abuse limit is been reached as per T&C with giffgaff have failed to state) ,

banning is not traffic management as last 2-3 months i had logged reports of usage of upto 50GB before they there unlimited goodybag ran out so giffgaff is failing to implement traffic management on the top 5%

so the top 5% are allowed to still allowed to affect the other 95% of us with no traffic management restrictions in place

you still not allowed to ban under unlimited data using the 5% rule, Giffgaff are Bending the rules by bypassing the currant no banning rules under unlimited by doing it after the active goodybag but they are Failing to tell the customers of the limited conditions of unlimited goodybag when buying it and then having to go down the fuzz of leaving giffgaff after 1 month 

and on top of that due to giffgaff failing to traffic manage people past 10GB we are now in the state where data speeds are becoming unusable unless its between midnight and 10am , i diverted my giffgaff sim to my 3 simcard now and put it into my phone its that bad now

Message 59 of 60
Highlighted
by: dannyownz
on: 09/03/2015 | 22:23
I'm not sure if we will see an unlimited data bundle anytime soon around that price range anytime soon. Still shocked it started at a tenner haha
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 60 of 60