Knowledge Base
Community

£25 goodybag feedback

Started by: teric47
On: 28/12/2018 | 17:26
Replies: 9

by: teric47
on: 28/12/2018 | 17:26 edited: 28/12/2018 | 17:46

Would just like to say do not buy any of the unlimited data goodybags they are a load of lies, I am a full time carer for my husband who I and himself both suffer from extreme OCD, we cannot get WiFi as we would have to have someone come into the house to put it in for us and we just can’t nentally cope with the stress of it so I rely on unlimited data to help me with everything I do as everything is done off of it. I received an email stating that my usage was effecting everyone else and that I would not be aloud to continue to buy any of the always on goodybags I replied with many emails stating the situation I was in and why I needed it with no reply, clearly this data pack is a big lie as you cannot use your unlimited data as much as you like or you will just be stopped from buying it, they are a bunch of liars and I will not be buying anymore once my account balance is used. Complete waste of time and I don’t like being lied to especially someone that would put much more money into using they’re unlimited but what can I say companies are all the same now days. Would advise you stop spending your money on them and go with another provider.

Message 1 of 10
by: persco
on: 28/12/2018 | 18:09

Hi @teric47 Sorry to hear about your issues. 

Unfortunately giffgaff isn’t designed to be used as you would use a home broadband. Terms and conditions and traffic flow policy apply on the £25 package and it’s called “Always On” goodybag instead of “Unlimited”.

The Always On package gives 4G speeds on the first 20gig of data used and then access to unlimited data at a restricted speed from 8am until midnight. Giffgaff chose a speed 384kbps that allows members to still use regular data services whilst reducing demand on the network.

You can tether on this package. More info here

Also please take a look at the traffic flow policy here https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learning-and-giffgaffer-articles/Traffic-Flow-Policy/ta-p/12999304

Unfortunately in your case if I were you and can’t get broadband setup in the manner you describe, I would look for another network that offers truly unlimited data packages. Best of luck. 

Please do set BEST ANSWER for posts that help you. Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 10
by: giffgaff20147
on: 28/12/2018 | 18:50

@teric47

Hello giffgaff have not done unlimited data since 2015

there is imformation when you buy the £25 goodybag

thats it’s subject to speed control and traffic flow 

Our Always On goodybag is designed to give you peace of mind that you’ll always be connected and have access to data all the time.
With Always On* you get 20GB of data usage per month at full 4G speed. After 20GB of data used you'll experience a reduced data speed of 384kbps from 8am to Midnight. You may notice that activities which require high amounts of data, like HD video streaming, will be slower. From midnight to 7.59 am you’ll have a data allowance at full speed.

Roaming in the EU and selected destinations with Always On means that after you’ve used the full 20GB of data, you’ll be charged 0.6p/MB while roaming.
Stay connected with your friends and family with our Always On goodybag data. Never worry about running out of your allowance again.
*Speed restrictions apply to our Always On data. After 20GB of data used you'll experience a reduced data speed of 384kbps from 8am to Midnight. You may notice that activities which require high amounts of data, like HD video streaming, will be slower. Traffic Flow and Fair Usage while roaming applies.

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learning-and-giffgaffer-articles/Traffic-Flow-Policy/ta-p/12999304

A 4G ready phone and coverage required to access 4G data speed. Members will have up to 20GB of data to use while roaming in the EU and selected destinations.

Message 3 of 10
by: 05hudsond
on: 28/12/2018 | 21:18 edited: 28/12/2018 | 21:19

how much have you used ive used 110gb in about 14 days and no warning yet ...and if i do get a warning ill be angry as noowere does it say a limit you can use, i even made a  post the day i got the bag to ask the limits and  people just copy and paste the same always on terms and conditions witch dont answer the question whats the limit, basically what there saying is always is on has a secret limit and u cant know about it but if you reach it your bannned for 93 days witch is extreml long ..ask the agent what terms you have broke and witch customers are affected ask for proof ...

Message 4 of 10
by: teric47
on: 29/12/2018 | 02:43
Thank you for your comment although I was not looking to use it as a broadband I only wished to have access all time as I am awake through the night as I do my work from home I do understand I I wish I was able to get it although with my circumstances it just is not optional, I was looking for a unlimited data pack and I was given giff gaff as the best option, told that there where no restrictions and when I ordered the sim did not see any details about restriction, thank you though for the reply it is appreciated.
Message 5 of 10
by: jt_21
on: 29/12/2018 | 13:28

@teric47 there is NO UNLIMITED data with any of the giffgaff Goodybags 

Message 6 of 10
by: tradertall
on: 29/12/2018 | 19:49
yes that product is a bad product
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 10
by: glaswegianeric
on: 29/12/2018 | 21:02 edited: 29/12/2018 | 21:03

@teric47 @persco and others

traffic flow policy, or, in fact, any bit of giffgaff's T&Cs tell absolutely bugger all about what use _exactly_ (figures and numbers, not "we feel" or "we think") is unacceptable to the extent that barring a customer from re-purchasing the Always On goodybag is justifiable. No amount of T&C copypasting and linking to will change that.

One can accept that the Always On goodybag isn't Unlimited and there are throttling limitations after 20GB. But the irony is, the Always On goodybag isn't even Always On as after 20GB giffgaff wants me not only to bear with throttling during peak hrs (fair enough) but play a guess-if-we-ban-you game.

This goodybag has always been mis-sold as it's name does not reflect the actual product that you get.

Message 8 of 10
by: 05hudsond
on: 29/12/2018 | 21:18

its not possible to use giffgaffs data as   broadband replacement  48 kilobytes per sec is not broadband speeds !! always on terms and conditions show no limit   ,u ask any question about a limit andd all u get is people copying and pasting the same always on info witch is very unhelpfull  as still that doesnt show us a limit  , i for one will never be buying this always on again its usless in the day time  , since on this ivehad to stay awake all night just to be able to use my phone witch is annoying !!!

Message 9 of 10
by: amg_x
on: 02/01/2019 | 12:34

Unfortunately the o2 network in general isn't built for data. Maybe have a look at Three - they can also provide a Mifi device which might be a better solution for you, and offer unlimited data

Message 10 of 10