Community

Β£25 top-up voucher

Started by: cicatricekodeia
On: 08/10/2018 | 22:37
Replies: 6

Go to best answer
by: cicatricekodeia
on: 08/10/2018 | 22:37

I've tried to search for this topic but nothing came up - it's just that  now we can get Β£25 Goodybags, i think we should be able to buy Β£25 top-up vouchers - instead of having to buy a Β£15 plus a Β£10 voucher - granted that I've just discovered that we can - apparently - use a Β£25 O2 voucher, but i bet there's lots of GiffGaffers who have absolutely no idea about this - including the man who works in the garage where i buy my vouchers (even though you'd think he'd know due to being both a GG customer AND a retailer). Both he & i agreed that it would be a lot less complicated - for all concerned - if a simple Β£25 voucher was available... What do y'all reckon? πŸ€” 

Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: harrrrrry
on: 08/10/2018 | 22:59

@cicatricekodeia

One of the staff has confirmed the possibility of getting the voucher company to issue a Β£25 voucher is being looked into. The vouchers are actually nothing to do with Giffgaff so giffgaff can only ask, not demand. But I can't see any obvious reason why the voucher company shouldn't want to issue Β£25 vouchers, the same as they do for o2.

Meanwhile, getting a Β£25 o2 voucher and buying a goodybag direct from it (without doing a topup first) is a lot safer than using two smaller giffgaff vouchers. See https://labs.giffgaff.com/idea/16712751/encourage-users-to-buy-goodybags-without-adding-credit-first for the reason.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 3 of 7
by: k89bpa
on: 08/10/2018 | 22:56
It's apparently in the works, I'm sure someone will be along soon with a link to the comment where a moderator confirmed that this was the case.
Message 2 of 7
by: harrrrrry
on: 08/10/2018 | 22:59

@cicatricekodeia

One of the staff has confirmed the possibility of getting the voucher company to issue a Β£25 voucher is being looked into. The vouchers are actually nothing to do with Giffgaff so giffgaff can only ask, not demand. But I can't see any obvious reason why the voucher company shouldn't want to issue Β£25 vouchers, the same as they do for o2.

Meanwhile, getting a Β£25 o2 voucher and buying a goodybag direct from it (without doing a topup first) is a lot safer than using two smaller giffgaff vouchers. See https://labs.giffgaff.com/idea/16712751/encourage-users-to-buy-goodybags-without-adding-credit-first for the reason.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 3 of 7
on: 08/10/2018 | 23:07
Thanks folks... I'm off to check about the O2 voucher as I'm a tad freaked out regarding the word 'safer' in @harrrrrry's message! 😁 😲
Message 4 of 7
on: 08/10/2018 | 23:22
@harrrrrry - phew! Not as scary as i was expecting, you naughty man! πŸ˜‰ I always set reminders on my phone to get both a top-up voucher and a Goodybag... But, as it's always better to be prepared, I'd really like to know how to buy a Goodybag straight from a voucher - i just tried to check out the 'buy a Goodybag' section on MyGiffGaff, but it won't let me access it as I'm not only using a current Goodybag but I've got one in the queue as well... Damn & damnation!
Message 5 of 7
by: sloz
on: 08/10/2018 | 23:34
@cicatricekodeia
Hi, do you have a goodybag set to recur?
If so, you need to switch it off first
Http://giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details
Click change on the recur option
Untick the small box
And click save recurring settings

Here's the procedures for buying a goodybag direct with a voucher

(From your phone) 
Call 43430 and press option 2 
(not option 1) 
Choose your goodybag and select to pay with a voucher 
Input the voucher code to complete 

(logged in with a browser) 
From your my giffgaff page 
Http://giffgaff.com/dashboard 
Click the yellow buy goodybag button 
(if you already have a live goodybag and want to queue, click here 
Http://giffgaff.com/buy )

Click the goodybag section and select a goodybag. 

On the ways to pay, there's an option to use a voucher 
Click that 
Input your voucher code and click the yellow continue button 

additional points when using a browser, you need to  remove your debit card details or add your PayPal details and click to use that as your default payment, otherwise the use voucher option won't appear

(via the my giffgaff app) 
DON'T click the buy goodybag button from the main account page 
Click the menu button (top /left) 
Click "ways to buy"
You'll then be presented with the same pages as though you were using a browser, and the pay by voucher option will be visible

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
on: 09/10/2018 | 13:02
Thank you for that info! 😁 πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΎ
Message 7 of 7